C-tina's work out blog!

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Re: C-tina's work out blog!

Post by musculArgirl2 »

rockchick_82808 wrote:If there is anything for me to be putting money towards it's this.
I agree it's worth it definitely. just find a trainer you are happy with. :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

GOOD LUCK Christina, you CAN do this and you ARE worth it.

:thumb:
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

rockchick_82808 wrote:I'm officially signed up for personal training for the next 52 weeks. :) Yeap 52! The trainer was asking me questions. One was why are you doing this? I said to not know all the nurses names and be so recognizable by the staff at the hospital. He then asked what event is coming up to keep u motived. I said the game of life. Lol i said there is no even bc what happens once that passes? I want to be healthy and it shouldn't take an event to keep me dedicated. So after that I was given a book for homework and a food journal to be evaluated friday nite. I'm looking fwd to this. I sacrifice so much to not have things like tv, or Internet or better parking for work. If there is anything for me to be putting money towards it's this.

I am looking forward to seeing your results after 52 training sessions! I think a trainer is a great tool to keep you accountable and motivated.
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Post by rockchick_82808 »

Unfortunately I had to cancel the trainer. I have to fight with insurance now about some med bills that didn't get covered by insurance. So I decided to get back with that after the holidays. However I am doing zumba on mondays and Fridays and Wednesdays are bootcamp. Last nite was the first bootcamp and wow. Kicked behind. I'm feeling it today. Hopefully I will get something out of this until I can afford the trainer. boyfriend signed up at a gym near his place and we are checking in with each other to help stay committed. We would go together but we live almost 2hrs away from eachother so that just can't happen on a regular basis.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Just keep doing what you can Christina and be proud of it, because you should be :).
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

rockchick_82808 wrote:Unfortunately I had to cancel the trainer. I have to fight with insurance now about some med bills that didn't get covered by insurance. So I decided to get back with that after the holidays. However I am doing zumba on mondays and Fridays and Wednesdays are bootcamp. Last nite was the first bootcamp and wow. Kicked behind. I'm feeling it today. Hopefully I will get something out of this until I can afford the trainer. boyfriend signed up at a gym near his place and we are checking in with each other to help stay committed. We would go together but we live almost 2hrs away from eachother so that just can't happen on a regular basis.

It certainly helps to have a spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend to hold each other accountable! Hopefully you will get your insurance issue worked out soon. Insurance companies are sometimes horrible to work with.
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

I wanted to catch up with everyone who follows me. life has become pretty hectic. I have put on more weight and now have peeked at heighest weight ever. I am embaressed about it and upset. I just keep thinking about how far I had come last summer to of only gotten this bad. I know a lot was because of health issues that never seemed to come to an end. Then came the overtime at work. I couldnt turn it down because of all the damn medical bills that started coming in. So then it went from that to sitting all day long. No movement unless to go to the car or bathroom. I am so far gone now that i have back pain, hip pain, shortness of breath some days. I took december off to enjoy it with family of friends since social life became non exhistant. I have gone up to a 253 and to think last summer was down to 222. 31 pounds gained and body is in the worst shape of its life. I pretty much decided to give up on myself this month. That was until this past weekend. I had three days home alone no work just stayed home to think. I came to realize that problems will only continue to get worse. I have to make a come back now more than ever. I miss the person i used to be. The fun energetic christina. I dont want to throw in the towel at 26 yrs old. i wont live long or at least wont live a happy life if i dont face this. i just cant help but get discouraged when its been so many years of a on going battle i cant seem to win. Whenever i make something of myself like that half marathon, life goes on a downward spiril. Added family stress doesnt help either. I had to write dad out of life finally. if you have followed me all these years you know this was not only hard for me but the best decision i had ever made. He is a poison in life and has only brought me depression and hate. He always brings out the worst in me and it eats at me. He may of been a sperm donar but thats it. father figure was grandpa who passed away when i was in highschool. He to me was father so letting this one go wont bother me. I dont even have a happy memory to look back on. Sadly we cant choose our family but we can choose to keep them in our life. I am a far better person with out him and couldnt be happier. I feel like mentally i have gotten stronger even though body has become weak. I have to go through so much ever since injury last august or september i cant remember the exact month now. I have to put health and life in check now. Even i didnt have enough reason for the drive last summer i sure do now. boyfriend says it should be easier for me this time since i had already done this. But as i went on the treadmill at the gym last nite i realized how much work i have ahead of me. I had such a hard time walking because of pain in back. Its not going to be easy but i know if i keep at it that pain will go away and as will all the other issues. I just have to make sure to listen to body and give myself a break unlike what i had done in the past. I wore myself out which may of contributed to me never healing and only getting sick time after time with no break in between. Its a learning process and i still have so much more to live for. I cant miss out on this life because of being too lazy to fight for it.
Roby2015
STARTING OUT

Post by Roby2015 »

Good morning RockChick! (love the name btw :sunshine: )
Sounds like you are moving in the right direction -and yes definitely listen to your body - start slow and easy and gradually add to the intensity or time on the treadmill, and gradually add to your workouts. It is too easy to just jump in and overdo it (been there done that...too many times! :oops: )
You can do it!
Roby
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

sorry to hear you have had some injuries. I'm not sure if these you have mentioned or not before.. It takes guts to let your dad know you don't want him in your life and i don't blame you. You have to do what is right for you! This is the time of year to start fresh and get back to work.. Life is short. You realize it the older you get and time goes by faster as you age too. You can do it!! and so can I. :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I'm sending you a BIG HUG and of course you know feelings, but no matter what I'll try to be here for you as much as within reason and fate :).
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Thanks for the support everyone. :lol:

Some good news already down 1 pound this week!!!! I'm also noticing a difference in energy level. I usually like to just go home and sleep after work. Since i have been forcing myself to go to the gym i noticed i have been creating a better sleep pattern. I am addicted to watching this show on the treadmill called american ninja warrior. its insane what these guys can do. if you havent seen it check it out or look it up on youtube. i know it keeps me moving! lol. also last nite when i went on the treadmill, the lower back pain wasnt as severe as it was monday. Graduall differences i am noticing. I also decided i will sign up for some virtual races. Since its winter i am not about to run outside or walk. so these virtual charirty races will be perfect! Theres a site called races for awarness. http://www.racesforawareness.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; This will help keep me motivated. i want to do the the 50 mile in month challenge and then the 100! I will sign up for the 50 mile tomorrow since its the 1st of the month. also, i decided tonite to make a dinner at home to fill me up so i wont be snaking at the party tonite and if i do its only veggies. I just lost a pound last thing i want is to gain it back. I also decided to be the DD. I dont want all those calories from the drinks. This will be a tough challenge for me. i know people are going to say oh just one shot, oh come one its news years you have to have a drink! lets see how well i hold up to this!
Roby2015
STARTING OUT

Post by Roby2015 »

I am addicted to American Ninja Warriors! It is amazing what they can do! They do a lot of reruns - what year competition are you watching (I don't want to give away anything that you might not have seen yet)?

Yay for the lessening back pain and -1 lb!!!

Being the DD is a great idea - so many empty calories in alcohol - I've done this too and to keep myself motivated to not drink... I think about something better I would splurge on and be able to enjoy without the craziness of New Year's Eve and everyone watching; I also can't afford to get stopped DUI which is a bigger incentive since the buses don't get out to neck of the woods. I had a friend who walked around with a wine glass filled with seltzer water and it looked like a white wine :D Another friend said she was on cold meds and the alcohol would react badly with it
Have a great New Year's Eve!
Roby
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

rockchick_82808 wrote:so i wont be snaking at the party tonite
I had to read that twice before I realised what you'd meant. I initially thought you were referring to some kind of weird moves you like to pull on a night out :funny: :funny:.
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Boss Man wrote:
rockchick_82808 wrote:so i wont be snaking at the party tonite
I had to read that twice before I realised what you'd meant. I initially thought you were referring to some kind of weird moves you like to pull on a night out :funny: :funny:.
Lmao!!!! The phone changed what I was writing....again lol
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Roby2015 wrote:I am addicted to American Ninja Warriors! It is amazing what they can do! They do a lot of reruns - what year competition are you watching (I don't want to give away anything that you might not have seen yet)?

Yay for the lessening back pain and -1 lb!!!

Being the DD is a great idea - so many empty calories in alcohol - I've done this too and to keep myself motivated to not drink... I think about something better I would splurge on and be able to enjoy without the craziness of New Year's Eve and everyone watching; I also can't afford to get stopped DUI which is a bigger incentive since the buses don't get out to neck of the woods. I had a friend who walked around with a wine glass filled with seltzer water and it looked like a white wine :D Another friend said she was on cold meds and the alcohol would react badly with it
Have a great New Year's Eve!
Roby
I have no idea what year. It's whatever is is on at the time. I don't have tv at home so I don't get to follow it only when I go to the gym. :) it's really cool. I ended up not going out at all yesterday. I didn't want to be around the temptation. Which was a great choice because now I'm down 2 pounds! Wooton woot!