C-tina's work out blog!

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

rockchick_82808
REGULAR

C-tina's work out blog!

Post by rockchick_82808 »

Well today I just joined this site! Thought I would see what it was like. I'll be posting not only accomplishments but struggles that all of us encounter in our journey.

A lil about myself: Biggest size was a 24 don't remember the weight I choose not to. lol I come from a family that has roller coaster weight changes.

What got me motivated:
I have family members overweight thats nothing new but what shocked me was when I saw two cousins who are a yr younger than me and how they ballooned to almost double size in less than 2yrs! They were always the thin athletes of the fam. then just lost sight of it I guess...the drinking doesn't help much either. That is what scared the crap out of me. I pretty much always stayed at a size 16 as far back as I can remember. It only went up when bad events took place in life. After I started weight loss journey this year seeing the women who are far bigger than me struggling at the gym. I give them props for goin and the fact they went shows they are trying. I don't want to allow myself to get to that point. Right now I'm young and if I stick to it I can reach goal. Thanks to boyfriend (will be one year next month! woo!) for always encouraging me and making me say that I myself am beautiful. He taught me to learn to love myself for who I am. Thats what I have been missing for all these years. I always had a good technique but never loved me for me.

Enough of that...on with the work out status!

I started working out about 2 months ago. I started at 222lbs. I am now down to 216. goal is to be in a size 14 by December. Sofar I had lost 3 inches. I haven't done end of the month measurements yet to compare to the following month.

I go to Fitness USA. I do 33min on the elliptical and 25 min on the treadmill. I burn between 600-700 cal. depending on if I went to the gym after work or not. After that I do weight training on the following areas:

1)biceps
2)triceps
3)abs
3)shoulders
4)inner thighs
5)chest (god knows I don't need no flippen F sized bra!!!! lol Do you have any idea how hard it is to find one let alone looks good.)

On next entry I will post what weights and reps ect. I do. I'll take a notepad with me tomorrow.

At the end of each month I either up the weight or the reps. Depends on the body part.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Well personally I on't pry into your past issues. That must be something for you to feel 100% comfortable about disclosing, and of course I would respect a Ladies wishes on this, because it's the right thing to do.

As for your wants, I beleive you can achieve these things. Your photo does say a lot about your potential to look great. You have shown yourself, to be a person who comes across as warm and respectful, and we appreciate that a lot here, so you're in very good company, and you've proven you deserve our help and respect, so we will give that to you.

You're one of us now, so we will look out for you :).

I'm sure you will acheive what you want, as long as you focus on the short-term and also your long-term health too, keep your chin up, be strong, and believe in the power of YOU.

You have the potential to be remarkable, and you should be proud of your initial efforts to change and you ARE worth the time and effort you are putting into yourself.

Good luck be patient and no worries yeah :).
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

thank you boss man for your support. I'm so happy to of found this site. I never had anyone to do a diet plan with or work out with. I tried to get family and friends involved but it wasn't for them and others had money issues to sign up at the gym. I completely understand where they are coming from and they still support me all that they can. I can't wait to meet more people on here I told cousin yesterday I felt like a kid in a candy store coming across this site. lol! I really am excited.
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

oops'ies forgot to bring the notepad with me.

Here's workout for m-w-f at the gym.

Arms/shoulders:

1)This machine i use you sit down and pull down a bar and arms are out past shoulder width. I start off by leaning back and pulling the bar to chest at 40lbs. I do 3 sets of theses at 10 reps.

2)same machine i sit up straight and pull the bar behind me untill it touches the back of neck. 40lbs/3sets/10reps.

3)I believe the next one is called a incline chest press don't quote me. There are two positions to place your hands. I use both of these and do 40lbs/2sets/10reps

4)shoulder press is 40lbs/2sets/10reps.

5)ok, this machine you sit in a chair slight angle so your layng back. arms start behind you and you pull this ...bar above you to reach out in front of you. 35lbs/3sets/10reps

Abs:

1)I believe its an abductor. I sit in a chair and feet are behind me. I place arms behind back crossed then do crunches. 70lbs/3sets/10reps.

2)rotary torso now that i remember. lol. 3 sets for each side at 35lbs 10reps.

Thighs:

1)Cant remember the name of it but its like goin to a damn gyno! lol i do 60lbs/4sets/20reps

If any one can give me the actually names of these machines it would be deeply appreciated. lol The polish in me always seems to take over and keep me from thinking clearly. lol
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

monthly measurements!

Good news...I lost another total of 2in over all this month. I lost a half inch on each arm and thigh. That gives me a total of 5in lost these past 2 months! woot woot!

Next month goal to have another half inch on the arms and thighs and hopefully see a half inch loss on waist. Stubborn . :?
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Awesome job! Congrats on the inches lost. Keep up the hard work, it is definately paying off! :D
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

great before and after pic, keep it up

get on the free wts to sister, they will do a lot more for you then any machine

www.uponlinetraining.com
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Thank you guys! I appreciate it. Believe me, I'll keep it up for sure I love seeing these numbers get smaller :D .
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

errrrrrrr!

These past 2 wks have been nuts. Been on vcay and feel bigger. Lol doesn't help that mother nature took over this wk. Ugh love bein a woman. Scared to get on the scale next wk. Whatever it maybe im gonna try 2 not get discouraged. That the number can change so don't flip out and quit!
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Welcome back girl!
Time to get back to it....fresh start...don't look back. Don't start out weighing yourself (speaking from personal experience here...) I know it is hard not to jump on the scale, just get back in the gym, focus on healthy eating. Focus on keeping a record of your measurements, instead of a weight scale to chart your progress.

Another shapefit member said the following quotes in another post and it really (finally!) helped me to overcome dependence on a scale to judge "success". Glad ur back, and best of everything to you as you continue your journey. Hope some of this helps you :D
vamp wrote:If you truely want to have accurate measurements of success, loose the scale and pick-up a tape measure, a camera and a mirror. You will truely see the results of your hard work!
Many, (too many) people set their goals to the scale and fail.
So besides being difficult to track well it is often the cause of motivation failure because the needle doesn't fluctuate enough for visual affirmation of work done.
very true words.
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Thank u ladies! Believe me...I actually missed workin out! I've always been the type that has 2 keep moving. Plus the gym scene keeps me focused. I have to drive a lil ways 2 get there so if I ever feel slugish I tell myself I just wasted gas and that urks me so I continue workin out. Lol
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

I'm back!

Just so that people don't think I fell off the face of the earth I actually had a lot of problems in personal life and was away from the exercise scene. Then I couldn't afford the gas to go to current gym bc of the distance. Well mom actually got me a membership for a gym down the street! This place has lots of classes. Next week I'm goin to 4 classes. I also have an apt. to check what body age really is as opposed to what it should be. I'm really excited! Even though I haven't been able to continue weight loss I was able to maintain what I had. I'm gonna push it. The advantage of this gym is its open 24/7. other one was 3 days a week and 7am-10pm. I can't wait! so to all who thought I had left I'm still here and ready to kick butt once again!
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Re: C-tina's work out blog!

Post by fitoverforty »

Welcome back girl! Life has a way of throwing us a few curve balls sometimes that knock us off track, but I'm so glad to see you are back with renewed motivation and focus. I'm glad you now can go to a gym that is closer to home.
rockchick_82808 wrote:so to all who thought I had left I'm still here and ready to kick butt once again!
Keep that positive attitude and let the butt kickin' begin!! :D
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: C-tina's work out blog!

Post by Boss Man »

Don't worry about what has been, just keep taking it a day at a time, and trying to do the best with what opportunities you have now.

This site has and will always be here for you :).
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Good news.

Well, I decided to measure myself since I haven't done that since July. I had to because I'm working out again and to be honest I thought I would of gained inches since I didn't work out for 3 months. To surprise I lost 3 1/2 inches! I can't believe it. So I thought I'd look back at starting measurements...I lost 8 1/2 inches! I had no idea I lost so much. The biggest areas were thighs and stomach, which is great because those are biggest problem areas. I'm just happy to even be in a size 14! I really hope that with these new classes I'm taking at the gym that I will drop to a 12 by december like I orginaly planned for. That would be the 1st time since...8 yrs ago! That discovery really gave me the boost I needed. Yey! Go me! :lol: