C-tina's work out blog!

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Bonnie
VETERAN

Re: C-tina's work out blog!

Post by Bonnie »

Well though you CAN speed that metabolism up with frequent eating & workouts to some extent, not sure what kind I have or HAD.I know now its fast, however in the past without eating right & exercise, easily put on the fat.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Les your making me curious, to do some experimenting on people :) Yeah I do believe in the different body types obviously.No one in family has ever been slim & maintained it or done fitness I am a pioneer.Allison you are doing brilliantly :)
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

Post by rockchick_82808 »

thats like family. every one is pretty fat. and the people in extended family who were pretty much the thin ones all ballooned up. its strange. i dont want that to be me. i want to loose this weight and be healthy. its as though a lot of people in family have given up. its rather depressing.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Yes as sad as it is, some people are just not interested in their health.They see themselves as " normal " because they fit in with societies perception of normal.
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

some of it i think may also be depression. we had a very close cousin of ours pass away a couple yrs ago b4 xmas. his problem was weight. you would think that would be a wake up call and make his family change their ways for the better. i guess everyone deals with things differently. its like grandpa who passed a way yrs ago, he was healthy as a horse never was in the hospital until he got lung cancer from smoking. cousin and i took it really hard at first she wanted to quit bc of what we saw happening to him from the smoking but after he died she decided to hell with it. i dont get it. a lot of people look at their bad habits and say we're all gonna die someday mine as well enjoy it. i think its just and excuse and they know they are hurting themselves. i would rather leave this world knowing i tried v.s. find out that i was slowly killing myself. habit with food is just as hard to break as those with smoking. its all about will power. its hard to find it and stick with it but the reward is even harder to resist.

co-worker is only a few yrs older than me and bc of how heavy of a smoker he is he gets winded really easily. he can hardly even run. fat could out run him. lol. its a shame.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Yes its about a decision to find out what real health can offer.I smoked for 32 years, then finally decided I want to TRY the other side of life, after I could always restart if I wanted too.Which is exactly how I treated food also, I gradually cut foods out that i thought weren't really benefiting goals & after awhile I just didn't miss them, so never put them back in.I think there would be more successful lifestyle changes if people didn't feel they need to lock the door behind them & never turn back, because that option is always there.You are doing fantastically & those rewards will only become greater & motivate you further & further along :)
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

rockchick_82808 wrote:its all about will power. its hard to find it and stick with it but the reward is even harder to resist.
very profound statement. I love it. BRILLIANT! :D
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Losing 15lbs in a week is just wrong, so it seems the British version does not encourage safe weight loss, but weight loss by any means. That simply would not be a level of weight excusable as mostly water.

It could be passed off as that if it was 6-8lbs or so, but 15 is too much and too unhealthy, it simply has to be.

This annoys me, because you think lessons could be learned from the American one, where they make people do excessive exercise and lose excessive weight in a week, then some people say they left the show and put a lot back on.

Seemingly not so.
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

u think 15 is nuts the first episode of the American one a guy lost 41 pounds! its crazy! i couldnt imagine loosing that much weight thats almost all of what i need to get rid off. the stress to put ur body under for that in one week is really scary.

thank u fit over forty! the last two days i missed working out but i got out of the house! i worked in the morning both days and went out with a friend to the auto show. i wasnt back home until around 9 that nite. then yesterday i went to the science center with bf. yet again didnt get home until after 6pm. it was nice to have a break and get out. which is also important. let muscles relax a little and this morning started up again with the workout. feels great! it was hard to get going at first bc it was nice to take a break but once i started it was no biggie continuing. im now only 2days away from making month mark. i am so excited! im actually sticking to something and im so proud of it! bf likes to joke with me bc of how much muscle legs have gotten he says hes gonna be careful because of legs of death. lol!!!! we were horsing around and he tried to push me and when he couldnt the first thing he said was "you and ur damn lunges" lol! ha ha! i won. lol
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Hey, nice work on the changes. Be proud of yourself, you should be :).
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

thank u! i am very proud. im happy ive been keeping up with the pics too bc i really thought i wasnt making any improvement but today i found out i have been. it feels great! :D
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

i swear...ok u maybe wondering why i haven't made any posts. once again following the pattern of finally doing good i get slammed with more crap. this time at the end of jan. i went to doc. and found out i had a respiratory infection but wait thats not all. because of being put on the antibiotics i was on period for three weeks!!!!!!! this is not an exaggeration. i really was. it scared the living crap out of me. all i did was sleep, pop pills and seldom ate. today was first attempt back to working out since i finally stopped bleeding two days ago. i can not believe how hard it was today. i use to do 500 or more calories on game, today i was only able to do 240. i wasn't about to push self any harder i was already feeling light headed. i hope to god when i get cyst removed on head on the 7th they wont find another infection and put me on an antibiotic again. ive been so depressed and feeling like crap.

why is it all the time i start to make an impact and then something comes up. then i gain more weight back then when i started. those size 14pants are gonna take a lot of work to get back into. because of so many ups and downs, im pushin a size 18 again and it makes me so sad. i work so hard only to fall again. i was so proud to be in that 14 finally and it only lasted a month. its getting harder and harder to think positive any more. on the 9th i will turn 23 and every year i tell myself, ur next birthday will be better. u will be at ur weight u always dreamed of. ive been saying that for the past 12 years. sure arms are getting leaner but stomach...just isnt fair. ive been seeing studies that those with larger waist lines are more prone to heart attacks and diabetics. just great because both already run in family especially diabetes. i am so scared i will never see that day. if i make it to a size 12 i will be happy. but this 18 again.... i dont know what to do anymore. i watch what i eat, i work out every chance i get...yet the same thing over and over again. i dont want to be like obese family. it scares the living hell out of me. this winter weather isn't helping any either. because of having an infection i dont want to risk walking so much outside. i cant take this anymore.
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

amatlack wrote:Have you been checked for endometriosis? It's very common and can sometimes cause that kind of bleeding.
i've never looked into it. i know when i was in early teens doc wanted to put me on birth control bc of the heavy bleeding and pains. it wasn't until three years ago when i decided to go on it and things were a lot better. the antibiotic i took said it would interfere with birth control and it most certainly did. periods were always really bad back then. id be on them for weeks then off for months at a time.
rockchick_82808
REGULAR

thank u for telling me about it. i would of never even known anything otherwise. i have to see doc again soon this coming month i can ask her when i see her.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You need to be strong and reliase that you ARE worth it :).

You're a fantastic individual with a stupendous smile and you deserve to smile a lot.

You have persevered a lot longer than some would. You went far beyond that 4-6 weeks of trying to make good then making excuses for never doing it again. You are unlucky and you need to tell yourself this. The things you've been through are not down to you making mistakes or letting yourself become slovenly or terrible with the eating habits, it's about you having the courage to stand up and be proud of how you tried and tried and no dobut will try again, because you're not a quitter you're a fighter and you're fighting to prove something to yourself and prove to the knockers and the doubters they were always talking through their butts.

You just need to remember the good things you were doing and the progress you were making. You WILL find that end point and you WILL succeed. You're a long, long way from being at the point where change becomes harder.

What you need to do is give yourself the best few days you can. Keep the eating good, and keep the training solid. Work in your limites but work well and make that 23rd on the 9th one to remember. Give yourself a positive outlook for the coming year. Even if it might only be 2-3 lbs lost by then, you're giving yourself a little present, which is the gift of positive thinking and a little bit of fat loss counting towards the end goal, which you WILL attain :).

Sometimes life kicks you in the teeth, but it's a question of do you lie on the ground, or spit out the blood back into lifes face? Sometimes life hurts and it's not pretty, but it's about what you gain from it. What do you learn, what positives are there, as believe me, most of the harshest of negative situations can have a positive or two, even when it looks like they don't.

I have thought and always will think a lot of you. You have such a wondeful attitude to others and you're often a real ray of sunshine and you just need to start shining again, smiling and remembering just what you are worth as a person and what the whole journey is worth, in terms of the rest of your life.

You will only fail when you give up and only fail when you can't see the point of it and give up permanently and just give into the aging process and the problems weight can cause.

You've had a setback, but some antibiotics for a few weeks is nothing, compared to being on things like pain meds and blood pressure and cholesterol meds for 30-40+ years of your life, when you're over 60 and you've either got issues relating to weight and inactivity, that may or may not be reversible if you act.

Act now and be happy later, but act now knowing you can and that you have people out there that think a lot of you and will support you every step of the way.

When you need us, we will continue to be here and when you have down days I will be here like I always have been and you can get in touch anytime and we'll work things through.

I'm sending you a BIG PAT ON THE BACK, because I believe in you and ant you to do well. You are the kind of person who brings sunshine into peoples lives and I want you to keep on shining, because that's when you're at your very best and when you are the most beautiful person you can be.

Don't give up on you, just give on feeling less than you deserve to feel. You have a right to feel special, so keep pushing for it and keep being proud of the fact you never gave in before now, when you had the chance so many times.

GOOD LUCK with everything right now and know that whatever you do, I will always be proud of people like you, that persist and care enough about themselves not to give up.

You are a real star Christina and you will always find a way to shine, so don't worry about that :).