Fygle's road to mass gain

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Fygle
REGULAR

Re: Fygle's road to mass gain

Post by Fygle »

Haha, I see your point. As perfect as we can get it this time of year for a cross country trip, then :wink:
Fygle
REGULAR

Post by Fygle »

Forgot to add yesterdays workout.

Weights day

Flat bench: 3x10 (63kg)

Upright rows: 3x10 (40kg)
+S.L. calve raise on edge: 3x10 (17,5kg backpack)

Deads: 3x10 (97kg)

Quad extentions: 3x10 (60kg)
+Standing triceps extensions: 3x10 (36kg)

Shrugs: 3x10 (67,5kg)
Fygle
REGULAR

Post by Fygle »

Cardio day:

1 hour cross country.
musculargirl
VETERAN

Post by musculargirl »

I'm jealous of your skiing Fygle. I like to ski but the place i like to go is a little far to go all the time. It could only be a weekend thing really right now. Do you have some trails close by for you that you can go? Do you go at night or during the day. We have some lighted trails but i go by myself so i don't really like to go alone at night.
Fygle
REGULAR

Post by Fygle »

I have lighted trails a 10 min drive away from house, and I usually go at afternoons/evenings :) Love it.
musculargirl
VETERAN

Post by musculargirl »

Nice! Very nice! The trails i like to go to are around 15 miles away so there not super close. We have some closer trails but they aren't groomed as much or lighted in the evening. So I really only can go on the weekends if i want to go. Nice that you have that! I'm sure you have some pretty views too!

Have you ever tried snow shoeing? A lot of people like that around here too. I've haven't tried it yet.
Fygle
REGULAR

Post by Fygle »

Well it's still pretty dark around here, I'd say we have about 6-7 hours of daylight. Although it's going in the right direction, there's not much to see at the times I go. A few weeks around June 20th the sun never sets, though 8)

Snow shoeing? Never tried, looks fun though.
musculargirl
VETERAN

Post by musculargirl »

I forgot about that. I can't imagine having the sun never set. I would like that, I think. So do you have times where its all dark too? 6 to 7 hours of daylight is manageable in the winter, but all dark would be a depressing few weeks. :)
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Fygle wrote: A few weeks around June 20th the sun never sets, though 8)
Wait... Are you serious? So you mean... you have daylight all day long? Beside using the time to tell... How do you sleep?
Even if you turn off your lights... outside is still bright and shinny... no?
Fygle
REGULAR

Post by Fygle »

@musculargirl: Yes, 1-2 weeks around December 20 the sun never rises above the horizon! There's a little bit of daylight, but we can't see the sun. It can be a bit depressing, and hard to get up in the morning...

@Nokie: Yep, daylight all day :) It can be hard to sleep indeed, messes with your head. It's pretty cool though, parties last a long time :D Imagine a beach party with the sun shining at 2-3am :D
musculargirl
VETERAN

Post by musculargirl »

Fygle wrote:@musculargirl: Yes, 1-2 weeks around December 20 the sun never rises above the horizon! There's a little bit of daylight, but we can't see the sun. It can be a bit depressing, and hard to get up in the morning...

@Nokie: Yep, daylight all day :) It can be hard to sleep indeed, messes with your head. It's pretty cool though, parties last a long time :D Imagine a beach party with the sun shining at 2-3am :D

That seems like something neat to experence.

Hey aren't you going to the Grand Canyon this spring sometime? I thought you mentioned it a while back but i don't remember when. Are you going to camp for a while down there? That sounds like a fun time too.
Fygle
REGULAR

Post by Fygle »

Yeah, we'll probably just make a short stop out of it. The plan was to drive from NY to LA in May, but we've most likely tweaked the route to Miami to LA instead. It's a little shorter, and we've heard driving from NY to to Washington is a nightmare and really boring. Miami, really looking forward to experiencing it!
musculargirl
VETERAN

Post by musculargirl »

I think Miami to LA is probably the better route. I've never been to New York but The northern states really are a little more boring i think to travel through. The southwest and south is a little more fun to drive thorugh. That is if you call road tripping fun. :wink: Some people do and some people don't.

Sounds like a fun time!
Last edited by musculargirl on Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

The downside however, is that when you have days of non-stop daylight, you also get some days of non-stop darkness.

Frankly I'm glad I live in a country, where you get some of both every day :).
Fygle
REGULAR

Post by Fygle »

Weights day:

Military press: 3x10 (45kg)

Squats: 3x10 (77,5kg)

Pushups: 22x narrow > 25x mid > 22 wide

Bent row normal grip: 10x3 (80kg)

Dips: 28+18

Hamstring curl: 3x10 (45kg)

That's 2nd backpack torn apart, had to do BW today.