Just starting

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

EdgarHF
HIGH FLYER

Re: Just starting

Post by EdgarHF »

fitoverforty wrote:Good luck to ya Edgar in your move. How far is Palatine from Chicago? Will you have a long commute to work? I'm sure if there is no organized running club there, you'll find others who run without a problem (we are everywhere.... :wink: ) 8)
Palatine is a Northwest Suburb of Chicago. I will be much closer to work and as a bonus auto insurance price is going down by a third. :D
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

EdgarHF wrote:as a bonus auto insurance price is going down by a third
Sweet!! :D
EdgarHF
HIGH FLYER

Post by EdgarHF »

I ended the year last night with a 5 mile run. Tomorrow morning I plan an eight miler. I know Bossman hates New Years resolutions, but I am going to make one anyhow. I am going to learn how to cook. :lol: :lol: If anyone can recommend a learn to cook book I would appreciate it. A learn to cook healthy book would be even better. :D
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Awesome resolution !
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I don't hate resolutions, I just think personally there's no point in case. I never feel the need to make any, plus I feel people making them, often procrastinate, by waiting until a specific point in time, to start committing to something, which often leads to failure, because the decisive person will take the bull by the horns and go for it soon as possible.
EdgarHF
HIGH FLYER

Post by EdgarHF »

Rest day today. I got in an 8 miler yesterday morning. I am going to push it out to 9 miles for next Sunday's long run. I lost another pound on weigh in putting me at 196. Weird thing is I never thought I would have the disipline to make it down to under 200. I am within 6 pounds of the goal I set when I first registered onto shapefit. I still feel fat because I still have a . I'm not sure how much of that is loose skin. I don't know what will happen with that loose skin over time. When I reach goal of 190 I am going to raise the bar (or should that be lower the bar) and choose another goal weight.

I am going to break computer down for move to the burbs tomorrow night so I may not be posting for a week or two. I will still be able to read the forum at work and on phone.

Time: 01:49:06
Distance: 8.00 mi
Elevation Gain: 33 ft
Calories: 936 C
Timing
Time: 01:49:06
Moving Time: 01:47:20
Elapsed Time: 01:49:06
Avg Speed: 4.4 mph
Avg Moving Speed: 4.5 mph
Max Speed: 12.0 mph
Avg Pace: 13:38 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace: 13:24 min/mi
Best Pace: 04:59 min/mi
Speed
Pace
Elevation
Elevation Gain: 33 ft
Elevation Loss: 31 ft
Min Elevation: 579 ft
Max Elevation: 596 ft
Laps 8
View Splits
SplitSplit

Hour:Minute:SecondTime

MilesDistance

Minutes per MileAvg Pace
1 00:12:00 1.00 12:00
2 00:12:17 1.00 12:17
3 00:13:42 1.00 13:42
4 00:13:55 1.00 13:55
5 00:14:03 1.00 14:03
6 00:14:17 1.00 14:17
7 00:14:15 1.00 14:15
8 00:14:33 1.00 14:35

Summary 01:49:06 8.00 13:38
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

EdgarHF wrote:I got in an 8 miler yesterday morning. I am going to push it out to 9 miles for next Sunday's long run. I lost another pound on weigh in putting me at 196
Awesome, Awesome and Awesome! :mrgreen:
(did I mention you are doing awesome? :wink: :mrgreen: )
Good luck on your move to the burbs. Have you scoped out any running areas yet?
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

That is some seriously long runs.Good luck on the move to the burbs.As for the loose skin, the only thing I found that lessened mine was making body fat % low & building up the muscle to take up some of the slack.I still have some, though after 32 yrs of smoking, tanning etc, what can one expect eh.Keep up the dedication seems to be working well for you :)
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Now that's the way to end a year and begin a new one :D Great job!
EdgarHF
HIGH FLYER

Post by EdgarHF »

I am finally moved and back online. I am now across the street from a forest preserve with a running path. I still need to go into the city one more time so I will do running on the lakefront path tomorrow. Wednesday I will give the forest preserve a shot. I went shopping at the Whole Foods down the street. It was the first time I was ever in one. The first thing I noticed is how nice the place smells. I forgot that stores used to smell good. :lol:
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Glad to see your getting settled, yes whole foods smells kind of earthy.
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Bonnie wrote:I am now across the street from a forest preserve with a running path.
Hey Edgar, did you get lost running down the forest preserve paths?
This is your official "knock, knock!" :D
EdgarHF
HIGH FLYER

Post by EdgarHF »

Things are pretty hectic lately. I will be back posting regularly soon!! :D
EdgarHF
HIGH FLYER

Post by EdgarHF »

I stil am not able to post regularly. i am dealing with a personal crisis I do not want to talk about in a public forum. The running conditions in the place are not good in winter months. In the city the running paths where cleared after a snow, but not here. Conditions will improve as the weather gets better. At 3 degrees outside I had to shorten a run for the first time this morning. Even with gloves fingertips could not take it. I had to end run after a little over 2 miles. It took awhile after coming indoors for the pain to subside in fingers from the cold. I hope I can start posting regularly again soon. I am sorry I have been helping to support others in this forum lately.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Its okay Edgar, hope everything clears up for you hugs.