Any advice please ....

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: Boss Man, cassiegose

DUSTYJO
STARTING OUT

Any advice please ....

Post by DUSTYJO »

Right. :roll: I was very over weight at almost 20 stone :S since October 2010 i have lost almost 4 stone. This has been through a combination of eating well and exercising every day. But i have hit a plateau. I havent lost any weight for about 6 weeks. I keep losing a pound , putting 2 pound on , losing 2 pound, putting a pound on etc , just about staying the same :(
I think i may not be eating enough, does this really make weight loss less likely ? When i have put in what i have eaten on here , i am struggling to get to 1500 calories really. I have it in my mind that to lose weight i need to starve, so i find it really hard to eat .
On the exercise front, i go to the gym 5 times a week at least. I do 20 mins on the stair machine, 10 mins on the rower, 10 mins on the bike and 10 mins or so on the cross trainer. I work really hard . Then i will do some weights too.
I am really downhearted at the moment and i just dont know what to do any more :( Can anyone help? there is so much conflicting advice around it is hard to know what to do for the best. :?
DUSTYJO
STARTING OUT

Re: Any advice please ....

Post by DUSTYJO »

Thanks for taking the time to reply ! I really appreciate it x Well done on your weight loss too :)
AZFitnessGuy
STARTING OUT

Post by AZFitnessGuy »

dusty i'm gonna echo what the other poster said, you have to change it up! our bodies thrive on change, doing the same thing will always plateau, how about next time doing just 40 minutes straight on one machine, then the next time something else? Change your reps/exercises. Are you eating breakfast? Are you eating between meals? Are you drinking water? you've come a long way don't give up!

-Joe
Personal Trainer
http://www.fitnessfromgroundzero.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DUSTYJO
STARTING OUT

Post by DUSTYJO »

Joe - Thanks so much for the reply !!

I am still a bit fed up but i cannot give up, i know i have come too far and besides i am so fit compared to what i was, i cannot go back to being so inactive. I am trying to look at 'the bigger picture '. I have started to increase the intensity of my exercising, really pushing myself for two minutes and then going a bit easier for a few minutes - sort of interval training maybe ? I wonder if i shouldnt do any weight training as people keep saying that i am not going to get lighter while i am building muscle, but i know i am getting 'smaller' because of my clothes but i am so heavy !! it is all so confusing as i get conflicting advice all the time.

I do eat breakfast, lunch and tea. If i snack it is on fat free yoghurts, fruit etc . i am really careful with what i eat, but i do have a tendency to starve myself .... which cant be a good thing.

Thanks again :O)

x Jo x