Full body movement exercises

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: Boss Man, cassiegose

juan92
HIGH FLYER

Full body movement exercises

Post by juan92 »

i am currently on a routine i made, and its been working great, and probably wont change for another month or 2. However i woould like to come up a new one for when the time comes, and was inspired by someone i saw at the gym who was doing some workouts that you dont usualy see people doing at the gym.

(edited)
He did this one where you put the dumbells on the floor, did a push up with them and then did one hand DB rows while parallel to the ground(core rows), he also dod burpees with weights.
THese are the kind of exercises i am looking for but those are about the only ones that i can thingk of.

So i would like any recommndations, that you guys know or have seen.
I know the olympic lifts are good too.
wleemitch
STARTING OUT

Re: Full body movement exercises

Post by wleemitch »

This one is fun.

http://youtu.be/mjCMq2zkbOo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
juan92
HIGH FLYER

Post by juan92 »

yeah stuff like that lol, definitely want to try that, maybe il keep it as something to do when i have nothing to do since it looks difficult. thanks
jamilah
STARTING OUT

Post by jamilah »

That is the wonderful exercise. A full body movement. it something likes a yoga exercise... :D
yogateachers
STARTING OUT

Post by yogateachers »

Have you ever tried Bikram yoga? Or Power yoga? This can drastically improve your workouts. Unfortunately many people only see yoga as some soft womans workout for moms and while it can be that, there are other styles that incorporate a more vigorous approach. I recently took a yoga teacher training program and now work with many athletes in supporting them with changing up their workouts and improving certain components. You would be amazed at what this can do for you. If you just find a few poses that you really like and do them, you will see a nice difference.
david4pointpt
STARTING OUT

Post by david4pointpt »

If you want to incorporate full body movements into your routine then functional training is where you look. Olympic lifts will put you in front of a physical therapist if you do not have the right flexibility or form. Use a cable system ( free motion, or cross over) and perform chest press with rotation ( parallel stance), then lateral hop tricep push down w/ rope, then single leg squat to row holding 1 cable ( hold handle in opposite hand of leg squating, as arm is forward the same leg is straight back, come up out of squat, hip flex the leg that was back, and row at the same time.) Dead lift are great also if you have good form.

More info on exercise and nutrition can be found at http://gymsinsanantonio.com/
sebastian643
STARTING OUT

Post by sebastian643 »

Well some of the best full-body movements are a hybrid of compound lifts/Olympic lifts with a little something added in. These types of total body exercises recruit major muscle groups together within one movement. Great for building functional strength, lean muscle and burning fat. I can suggest an exercise which uses these principles, is high intensity and may be of some use.

Dumbbell Overhead Press (OPTIONAL BURPEE)

• With a pair of dumbbells placed besides your feet.
• Squat down with a straight back and swing the dumbbells up towards the shoulder by pushing the hips forward and driving upwards through the back and legs.
• There is only the smallest of pauses as the dumbbells rest just above the shoulders before you press the dumbbells up past the head and shoulders.
• The dumbbells should be travelling laterally in line – not in front or behind the head or shoulders.
• Return the dumbbell to the shoulders and then squat down by unlocking the knees and keeping a neutral back to return the dumbbells to the floor.
• On executing repetitions, only momentarily let the dumbbells have contact with the floor before returning to the upright position with the dumbbells or you can perform a burpee between each repetition with the dumbbells in your hand!

Good Luck