How to this type of imbalance chest

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

kenronmax
STARTING OUT

How to this type of imbalance chest

Post by kenronmax »

Hi all masters in bodybuilding, I need some advice of yours about chest pecs.
After went to gym for few months, I noticed chest pecs getting weird like the pic below. Left pecs higher than right(between I am right handed).
So, I need some ideas how to balance it back. It looks serious as I didnt see anyone have something like this
Thanks in advanced and much appreciate.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: How to this type of imbalance chest

Post by Boss Man »

Two things you can do.

1. I you use a barbell or Smith machine to bench, use dumbbells, then one side cannot become reliant on the other, it must work just as much and you'll not get a potential skewing of the emphasis in favour of one side of the body, like you appear to have done before.

I would also use a slightly smaller dumbell on the bigger side. This won't make you top heavy and put you at risk, unless your body positioning is poor and you'd only be using about 10-20% less weight on the bigger side anyway, but you will then be using enough weight to maintain or slow the growth rate of the bigger pec, allowing the smaller one to catch up.

If you use the same weight on both sides, you'll stimulate the same growth rate on both sides maintaining the current issue.

2. Use a Chest Press and assuming you do 3 sets on each, use around half the weight and work it with each arm alternately. So you do 3 sets on the weak side and 2 on the strong one.

The 2 sets on the strong side should maintain it, but the 3 sets on the weaker side would allow for catch up, then when it catches up, double the weight and use the normal two handed variation.

Having one free arm, means if you encountered any issues, you could use it to stabilise the weight, for the purposes of stopping the set only, not assisting.

Alternatively do 3 sets with each arm, (6 in total), but reduce the weight slightly on the stronger side, a la the methodology described above, so the weaker side works with a bit more, os it's growth rate should be a little superior.

When it catches double that level of weight up and use the normal two handed method.

I would advise you to use 1 or 2 but not both methods, especially if you don't do both of those exercises in a workout, then there's no need to do then both in a workout unless you currently do do that, or wish to in the future.
kenronmax
STARTING OUT

Re: How to this type of imbalance chest

Post by kenronmax »

Thanks Boss for your reply. Thank you and much appreciated. Will give it a try.....cheers!