I have a question

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

meaok77
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

I have a question

Post by meaok77 »

Concerning swollen legs after doing a lot of lunges, and squats.

2 Days ago, Monday, I did a workout that consisted of doing a lot of lunges and squats. I knew from the amount of squats/lunges I did I would be sore yesterday, and I was. What I was not expecting was when I woke up this morning, both legs were swollen where the muscles were sore. This area was about a fist size right above each knee. I didn't (nor do I have) knee pain when doing these exercises, but this is the first time I noticed the area swollen...ever. It's 9:30pm PST and the swelling along with the soreness is gone, but I was wondering, is it normal for that area to swell after it's been worked out as much as I had worked it?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: I have a question

Post by Boss Man »

Have you increased anything like water intake or Salt intake recently.

Excess water could lead to more water retention and excess salt could lead to water retention and Edema.

If you have done either, possibly in the case of Salt, unwittingly if you made one or two alterations to food intake, then be a little more limiting.

If the problem persists, re-evaluate things, but don't necesssarily assume something bad is going to happen, or the problem will persist. It might have been a one off thing. Time will tell.

Good luck and best wishes :).
meaok77
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by meaok77 »

Thanks for replying bossman, I was hoping you would have an answer for me! :)

I actually did realize today that I had increased salt intake...so maybe that was it. Tomorrow is a leg day, so I'll keep an eye on it and see if it does it again.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Good luck and please do let us know how you are progressing or if you have any other things in your life you'd like a few comforting words or supportive words for, please do come and talk to us anytime, or feel free to PM me if you want a discreet one to one about anything.

Take care and best wishes :).
jmvane15
STARTING OUT

Post by jmvane15 »

Great information. If that ever happened to me, I would be freaking out. Good to know what causes it.