what supplements is best to build your body

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: Boss Man, cassiegose

Mabel
STARTING OUT

what supplements is best to build your body

Post by Mabel »

Hi all,
do anybody have any idea about supplements that helps to build our body in a good shape. i came across some and i dont know which is the best. but now i am having nitric oxide supplement, which really helps to build by body. and it also keep my body healthy.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: what supplements is best to build your body

Post by Boss Man »

Nitric Oxide dilates Blood Vessels. It would permit more oxygen transportation to muscles and the Heart and Brain, which would assist in the reduction of Lactic Acid buildup during exercise, as you would have more Oxygen to potentially use in conjunction Glycogen usage, so more of both together, reduces L A production as L A production occurs when GLycogen and Glucose are broken down with sufficient Oxygen.

Nicric Oxide would also speed up muscle replenishment to muscles, but in itself it's hardly that anabolic.

You'd be better with a cheap carb based Protein powder after workouts, or things like BCAA's for building up muscle and then have something like Powerade wiht the BCAA's to help with how they get used.
Jentry07
STARTING OUT

Post by Jentry07 »

Sorry BossMan hope you don't mine me cutting in here, just curious? What after workout protein powders would you recommend?
If someone was strictly looking to tone up and not so much weight loss and especially not to gain?
I have heard so many different kinds and am just confused?!?
Thanks for the help!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

The Protein powders after workouts include

A: Whey Concentrate. Approximately 70% Whey, 30% Casein

B: Whey Isoalte. More pure and approximately 85% Whey, 15% Casein.

C: Whey Hydrolysate. More pure again and approximately 0% Casein I believe.

There's also Soy ones, or vegetarian ones like Nutrisport Protein 90+ Vegan

You can get protein powder on sites like Myprotein or Trueprotein which are customised protein blends and could include Protein sources like Egg.

Ones with Carbs are always good for helping to improve protein synthesis and also improve Glycogen recovery to the muscles.

Typical good Carbs in these include Maltodextrin and Waxy Maize Starch, but you can get simple / complex carb hybrids, like Glucomannan and Palatinose, where the Carbs are interlocked, so it's like having a simple Carb that digests at the same rate as a complex one, but rather than shoot your bloodsugar back up quickly, like simple Carbs normally do, such sugar hybrids work kind of like a time release air freshener, so you should get little short bursts of blood sugar elevation, over a long period of time, instead of a slow and steady elevation rate, that complex carbs could give you.

If you want to go Carb free, then powders could 9ncluide something like a small portion of Crushed Oats for example, so you can customise your own Carb levels.