Kettlebell work out for beginners

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

LMK
STARTING OUT

Kettlebell work out for beginners

Post by LMK »

I was wondering if anybody has some tips for somebody who is just starting out with kettlebells? I was told to start out with one around 10 pounds, so I was wondering what exercises would be best to perform and for how long? Or is there some videos on youtube that could be recommended?
Thank you
LMK
STARTING OUT

Re: Kettlebell work out for beginners

Post by LMK »

I have found one video on youtube that offers 24 different moves!! I have completed 8 exercises each,3 sets of 10, for each one and barely broke a sweat, am I even doing anything???
chunkfit
STARTING OUT

Re: Kettlebell work out for beginners

Post by chunkfit »

What exactly are you doing for the workout? Does the video provide you with isolation exercises (focusing on a single muscle group) or compound exercises (focusing on many muscle groups)? The good thing with kettlebell is that you can get some really good full body movement while using it. For example, try doing the arm raises while coming up from a squat.

Also, instead of doing 3 sets of 10, go for 4 sets of 12-15. See if that gets the sweat flowing :)

----------------------------------
Too many people focus on biceps for good looking arms, little do they know that tricep exercises are the key. Variety and diversity are key to getting the results you want.