Need Help with losing weight and toning body

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

dvlh93
STARTING OUT

Need Help with losing weight and toning body

Post by dvlh93 »

Hi i am a 18 year old girl...i am new to all this and i don't know who really to talk to, but i guess if you can give me some advice that would be nice...

I am 165 and hoping to be 130....i run on the treadmill and bike (gym) for about 20-40 min a day for five days a week... i do yoga at night for average 15-20 min 7 days a week...i kinda want some advice on what i should be doing to lose more weight/tone... i am a student so i don't get much time... any advice?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Need Help with losing weight and toning body

Post by Boss Man »

Weights can help, but using the bike and/ or treadmill is fine, but I suggest you use an interval setting if you're not already, as a basic steady state setting can become adaptable and may cause you to lose efficacy, when it becomes less challenging to the body.

I'd settle for a basic 30 minutes, rather than 20-40 minutes a time, to keep the duration uniform, as differing the timeframes means a differing effect exerted on the body, so sometimes you might possibly be doing a little too much and sometimes not enough, so a happy medium approach would work well and would probably be better for planning.

However the main crux of your goals is down to diet, so what meals do you eat and what times do you eat, as with you being a student, I suspect the possibility of a slightly haphazard eating regime, with either higgledy piggledy meal timings, or below average monitoring of intake :wink:

That's not meant to be derogatory, just educated guesswork.
paclarsheltex
STARTING OUT

Post by paclarsheltex »

Quickly calculate how to lose weight fast and how long that weight loss will take with our friendly weight loss calculator.
http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/h ... eight-fast" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
paclarsheltex
STARTING OUT

Post by paclarsheltex »

Good day .. Just reduce your disease risk and improve your quality life, you can benefit from toning up your body and dropping some pounds.This is one of the tips on toning your body.