Specific Exercises

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: Boss Man, cassiegose

Nicki2
STARTING OUT

Specific Exercises

Post by Nicki2 »

Hi,

I would like to know if you have any suggestions for specific exercises which would assist me in regaining the shape of a muscle. I am a nurse and while visiting a patient in their home I fell down a flight of wooden stairs and injured my right buttock resulting in a significant dent in the gluteal muscle. Is there any exercise which would return the gluteal muscle to its pre-injured state. Any advice would be appreciate. Thank you in advance.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Specific Exercises

Post by Boss Man »

Squats could help, deadlifts could help, as could Glute raises, (I think that's the name), the isolation exercise using a cable.

It's Possible Good mornings could too. Bearing in mind of course you may experience a slight change in some surrounding muscle groups too, not just Glutes.
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

Everything Boss said is great - and if you have limited access to equipment, SQUAT!
Here's a tutorial video with some corrections so you can practice it correctly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IewlDXTfbjU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Trx_fitness
STARTING OUT

Post by Trx_fitness »

I am also agree with boss, Squat is really affective. I did it myself and got training on it. i can guide you how it can be. Stand with the Squat handles at mid chest, arms are tight to your sides and elbows are bent. Keep your feet approximately shoulder width apart. Abridge your abs and keep them tight as you bend the knees and slowly squat. Then try to sit back and down and perform the gesture resembling like you're sitting into an imaginary chair, in the due course keep your back straight and knees channelized in the same direction and in line with your toes. Go down until your thighs are parallel to the floor and your knees are over your ankles. Keep your body tight and push through your heels to bring yourself back to the starting position. Crunch is also affective. Thanks. :)
mayanatsume
STARTING OUT

Post by mayanatsume »

Hi Nick,

You can do cardio and strenth training, then try to do weight lifts between cardio and strength training.