Jump Roping in old house...need help!

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: Boss Man, cassiegose

monkeybird8
STARTING OUT

Jump Roping in old house...need help!

Post by monkeybird8 »

Hi I'm living at an old house. I would really like to jump rope in the house but my roommate thinks its damaging the structure of the house. I'm a small woman (5'4", 120 lbs). Does anyone think this is actually damaging the house? Also is their something I can construct to jump rope on or buy to prevent damaging the house? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I also want to add that I can't jump rope outside because our yard is concrete and uneven. All the professional jump ropes I've been looking into getting are meant for indoor use only.

Thanks. :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Jump Roping in old house...need help!

Post by Boss Man »

How does the other person think you might be damaging the house?
monkeybird8
STARTING OUT

Post by monkeybird8 »

It's a house from 1913 with original wood. The whole house shakes when someone jumps. He's afraid of the joists possibly cracking even more then they already are.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You may be advised not to use the rope then.

Can you go to a gym or a local park and do it?
monkeybird8
STARTING OUT

Post by monkeybird8 »

I could go to the park but I don't really like having people watch me jump rope. I was wondering if I could put a certain mat down on the concrete n my backyard? Does anyone have recommendations on mats for jump roping?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

A difficult one. You could try something like this.

I don't know what this sort of thing costs, but it's pretty thick, a good size and looks durable, so it should be able to tolerate the unevne surface and it looks sizeable enough, that you won't have to worry about slipping of the side if you don't always stay in the position you started out at.
MAhmad
STARTING OUT

Post by MAhmad »

I think you go back to roommate and give the advise room is totaly dammegd so what are you think we change the room or restructure the room body . i think he is man jai ****