Jump roping for obese

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

markaquino_
STARTING OUT

Jump roping for obese

Post by markaquino_ »

Hi! I'm jump roping for almost a week now, morning and afternoon for 20 mins each. Everytime that I exercise legs will hurt really bad that I end up taking medicine for pain. I stretch before and after exercising. What do you think can I do to reduce or prevent this from happening? And is this enough for me to lose weight?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Jump roping for obese

Post by Boss Man »

Weight loss is best served with a good diet and regular exercise.

Skipping can help as an exercise, but I wouldn't be reliant on it as a serious aid to weight loss.

If you want to try and avoid the pain issues, though I can't guarantee this will work, then try to make sure you land on the balls of your feet. If you're getting pain you could be getting things like Shin splints or Plantar Fasciitis and P F can be caused be weight and a tight achillies too and excessive running, but you cna rule out that last factor.

What foods do you eat and what times do you eat. Maybe your diet could be looked into to ascertain its current standard :).
markaquino_
STARTING OUT

Post by markaquino_ »

Well, i tried your suggestion landing on the balls of feet, but turned out it's hard to balance. LOL. So instead, I tried landing with feet almost parallel to the floor. Guess what? It worked! I really don't have specific diet. I live with family. That's why whatever they cook that's what I eat, but just small amount of it. I eat fruits in between meals to prevent starving. But I noticed, one day, we had chicken and I had the breast. The next day I noticed that the pain became less, I think that I just need a good amount of protein in body. I usually skip any kind of meat whenever I eat.
markaquino_
STARTING OUT

Post by markaquino_ »

Well, i tried your suggestion landing on the balls of feet, but turned out it's hard to balance. LOL. So instead, I tried landing with feet almost parallel to the floor. Guess what? It worked! I really don't have specific diet. I live with family. That's why whatever they cook that's what I eat, but just small amount of it. I eat fruits in between meals to prevent starving. But I noticed, one day, we had chicken and I had the breast. The next day I noticed that the pain became less, I think that I just need a good amount of protein in body. I usually skip any kind of meat whenever I eat.