advice desperatly needed

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

lonegunman88240
STARTING OUT

advice desperatly needed

Post by lonegunman88240 »

hi guys, i need help bad i need to find a workout for someone in condition, in the last 5 or 6 years i was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, graves disease, and chronic widespread body pain, the diabetes and graves are under control, the pain is not, im on 3rd neurologist, the first said fibromyalgia, the second basically said nothing he could do for me and passed me off to another, i go to texas tech in lubbock tx in a couple of weeks for all kinds of test, ive gone from hiking, bow hunting, mountain biking, and working oilfield construction, to using a cane and barely being able to walk 30 yards, i cant stand very long, cant sit very long, been reduced to working very part time, about 20 hrs a week max, the only relief i get when the pain becomes unbearable is just to lay down for a hour or 2, anybody know of any workouts or exercises that may help,
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: advice desperatly needed

Post by Boss Man »

I would suggest bodyweighted stuff and that's all.

Squats, 2 sets 10 reps.

Lunges, 2 sets 10 reps.

Good Mornings, 2 sets 10 reps.

Vertical Flyes, 2 sets 10 reps.

Bent over Rows, 2 sets 10 reps.

Shrugs, 2 sets 10 reps.

Planks, 45-60 seconds.

Do this 3 times a week, every other day.

If you feel any excessive discomfort and / or pain, then discontinue anything in that schedule that causes problems.

I hope that helps, but if not there might have to be other avenues to explore.

Incidentally, have you ever had a physio or anyone of that ilk, prescribing any kind of exercises for you in the past or currently?
lonegunman88240
STARTING OUT

i was sent to physical therapy after a few sessions they said i was a mess and didnt want to mess with me until i got mri, the neurologist agreed but told me i needed to find another dr to order it, so i did, i go in a couple of weeks for mri's and radiculopathy, already done tons of lab work a couple of weeks ago, havent heard anything so i hopeing that was ok,
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I would potentially hold off what I said then, at least until those things happen, as you may get some kind of exercise structure given to you, that is nothing like mine, as mine is what I would consider general purpose safe practice, meaning for many differeing types of people, but based on a safety and pain monitoring watchword type approach, but it isn't what I deem something specific, to any one individuals circumstances and if you get anything prescribed to you, that might be.
lonegunman88240
STARTING OUT

well thanks for trying but i will definantly use your suggestions if dr says safe to do so
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Hopefully the doctor will approve of the sort of thing I suggested.

Good luck :).
lonegunman88240
STARTING OUT

hey guys, finally got a follow up with neurologist, he says im a good canidate for back surgury, problem is at l5 s1, he refered me to a neurosurgen, not sure whats gonna happen next, but i did buy a recumbent tricycle, i can ride a couple of miles w/o any problems so i guess thats exercise for the time being
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

That's better than nothing.

Obviously keep a check on the diet and perhaps consider incorporating anti-inflammatory type foods like omega 3's, onions, peas, apples, peppers, pineapple, etc or as well perhaps use anti-inflammatory style supplements like fish oil, quercetin and bromelain supplements and see if things like that work or not.