Six pac exercises?

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

stano123
STARTING OUT

Six pac exercises?

Post by stano123 »

Hey, I'm 16 years old and started stretching exercises in order for me to get a six pack. I play semi-professional football on Wednesday's, Friday's and Sunday's and I am quite slim. 

These are the exercises I have started today:

Day 1:

Scissor Kicks - 60 (30 each leg)
Twists - 100
Side Plank w/Lift - 80 (40 each side)
Crunches - 100

What do you guys think? Any other exercises I should be doing or could you advise me if i'm doing this right?

Please give me feedback. Thanks.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Six pac exercises?

Post by Boss Man »

Try that 3 times a week and see how you get on.

However be aware, that if you start feeling any discomfort in the lower back in the future, you will need to rethink what you are doing.
Tallgirll22T
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Tallgirll22T »

I think those are great. You may want to look into something called scissors crunches. It isn't like tucks to sprawls, but those are good too. I tried to do the scissors crunches about 3 days ago and almost died. I take that as a good sign haha. It sort of works your abs one side at a time, doing about 30 crunches each side. It is hard to explain, but you sort of raise your butt off the ground and bend your knees to one side, do 10 crunches, extend your top leg, then do 10 more, extend both legs, then 10 more. Then you switch sides. You will have to look at a picture or video, but they work great. You may also want to try doing a running V-sit for 30-60 seconds as a sort of ab-oriented cardio interval. It will really make you sore too.
ChipPaulson
STARTING OUT

Post by ChipPaulson »

Add a little weight or challange if you want to build muscle. Do you do hundreds of 10lb curls to grow your biceps?
phiallis
STARTING OUT

Post by phiallis »

So many reps! I assume you're just working for endurance rather than for strength, correct?
rohanjain
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by rohanjain »

Simple and easy tips-
1.Avoid refined oil
2.try to eat five times a day(eat little after three hours)
3.Eat protein
4.Drink more water
5.Oatmeal is good for breakfast
6.In lunch,brown rice is the best option
7.You can try vegetables
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

rohanjain wrote: 6.In lunch,brown rice is the best option
Why? I don't understand the intended logic in that comment.
CoachDJ
STARTING OUT

Post by CoachDJ »

stano123 wrote:Hey, I'm 16 years old and started stretching exercises in order for me to get a six pack. I play semi-professional football on Wednesday's, Friday's and Sunday's and I am quite slim. 

These are the exercises I have started today:

Day 1:

Scissor Kicks - 60 (30 each leg)
Twists - 100
Side Plank w/Lift - 80 (40 each side)
Crunches - 100

What do you guys think? Any other exercises I should be doing or could you advise me if i'm doing this right?

Please give me feedback. Thanks.
Hey,

If your looking to build muscle I would recommend using weighted abs exercises. Start training your abs with some weight so they can develop like your other muscle groups, and vary the rep ranges each time you train them. For instance, in one workout, perform all body weight exercises with a rep range of 15-30; during your next abdominal training day, lower the rep range to 8-12 and use a heavier resistance by adding a plate to your floor-based moves or knocking out some cable crunches. Increase the difficulty as you progress.

Don't forget your lower back as part of your core!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Everyone has a 6-pac, but the condition and strength of it is not purely just down to how you train, but also how you eat.

If he wants one he can actually see, then he could consider slight reducing his carbs per day and increasing his fats to stop the body getting enough carbs for energy, thereby forcing it to hopefully source secondary fat energy to make up the deficit.