Am I doing enough?

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: Boss Man, cassiegose

breeann121
STARTING OUT

Am I doing enough?

Post by breeann121 »

I have just recently decided to get into shape, lose fat, and gain muscle. I'm still not exactly sure of myself despite all of my research. I'm running every other day 1.5 miles each day until I feel comfortable enough to increase the distance on days that it is raining I do a different cardio routine that takes about the same amount of time. Then I work on my abs every other day as well. After that I work on my legs and butt one day, my arms another day, and my chest, shoulders, and back the next day. Collectively my workouts generally last about an hour. I make sure to have one rest day and on this rest day I do yoga. Is this enough? To much? Keep in mind this I'd all done at home with dumbbells, body weight and a stability ball. I just wasn't to know that I'm doing enough to reach my goals.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Am I doing enough?

Post by Boss Man »

I give this to people now and then.

Squats, 2 sets 8-10 reps

Lunges, 2 sets 8-10 reps

Deadlifts, 2 sets 8-10 reps

Bench press, 2 sets 8-10 reps

Bent over rows, 2 sets 8-10 reps

Shrugs, 2 sets 8-10 reps

Planks, 30-45 seconds

This is done every other day mixed with cardio, so the weekly schedule could look like this.

Day 1. Weights

Day 2. Cardio

Day 3. Weights

Day 4. day off

Day 5. Cardio

Day 6. Weights

Day 7. Day off

This splits the off days so you don't have two back to back days, potentially eating into progress and it means you don't train for 5 days straight.

Hopefully this might be something that works for you :).