Exercises for 9 to 9 job, female.

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

DArt
STARTING OUT

Exercises for 9 to 9 job, female.

Post by DArt »

girlfriend works in finance industry and has a 9 to 9 job. I was looking for a short(20 - 30 mins) daily routine mostly to be followed in the morning for general fitness. Other than that she has put on some weight around her thighs/calves and arms and she wants to lose that. Any special diet? Suggestions would be highly appreciated? She is 5'5" and and around 50-55 kgs.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Exercises for 9 to 9 job, female.

Post by Boss Man »

She could try doing this. It only requires bodyweight and it is something I've posted before.

Squats, 2 sets, 10 reps

Lunges, 2 sets, 10 reps

Good Mornings, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bent over Rows, 2 sets, 10 reps

Pull-ups, 2 sets, 10 reps

Shrugs, 2 sets, 10 reps

Planks 30 seconds.

As for the diet we'd really need to know what her eating habits are like, I.E. which foods she has at which times, because if it was listed in a daily plan / schedule format, we could see what may or may not need to be changed.

I don't want to just give out a meal plan if there's no need for it and the diet might only require tweaks, because then someone is doing mostly the right things and being forced to get used to wholesale adaptations they don't need.

Hopefully all this stuff makes sense :).
ChariceT
STARTING OUT

Post by ChariceT »

Hi DArt,
That's quite a tough work schedule for your girlfriend. I would agree with Boss Man's bodyweight workouts which will give a great workout. I would also suggest to look into fitness dvds simply because the program and schedule are already planned.
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

Good suggestions, she could also add in stairs of they are available in her office.
StepanG
STARTING OUT

Post by StepanG »

If it's safe, tell her go for a quick jog before or after work. If she can only spare 10-15 minutes, that's OK. Doing that every day helps.
tell her to Walk wherever she can, whenever she can, instead of driving or taking public transportation. Even if it's just a few blocks here and there, do it. It adds up. I calculated one day and figured I walk 3-4 miles a day just with daily commute and errands.