How many times a week?

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

kingjj25
STARTING OUT

How many times a week?

Post by kingjj25 »

I am just wondering to how many times I should workout each area of body? for ex: arms, legs, back, lower back, shoulders and chest. I heard it was 2 times a week or 3 times a week and I just do not have the time to be doing it more than once a week. I have limited time, when I do go to the gym I go H.A.M. at it, I work out hard but safe. So does anyone know or is that amount of time just a myth?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: How many times a week?

Post by Boss Man »

Minimum is 3x a week preferably, otherwise you'll get very limited to no progress.

If you do all the bodyparts together in one workout, you could do that an alternate days, which still leaves you with 4 free days if you want them.

A total body system doesn't require more than 3 days a week anyway, otherwise you'd run the risk of overtraining.
kingjj25
STARTING OUT

Post by kingjj25 »

I would if I could, the thing is, I get in the morning and I can go to the gym for about an hr or hr and half and that usually takes up most of time working out with one area. After the gym I have class for about 2 hrs and then work and then off to work again. So what is the best solution for me?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You could do it though in the timeframe suggested, as you're not being expected to do a massive workout involving tonnes of hours.

The idea is you'd only need to hit each muscle group with a couple of sets in each workout, which would mainly be compound exercises, so to hit all the muscles in one fell swoop 3 times week, wouldn't be hard with an hour plus to do it.