Soreness

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

billabong099
STARTING OUT

Soreness

Post by billabong099 »

When i started working out, the soreness i had in abs lasted much longer than now. After i do workout it only hurts in the moment and then i'm fine. Is that normal or the workout is not making effect anymore?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Soreness

Post by Boss Man »

There are differing schools on this I feel.

The DOMS, (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness), is quite a frequent effect amongst lifters and not having it does not mean a workout is poor, but thne again having it could indicate adequate or excessive training.

if it subsides it could be considered that the body is getting used to what you're doing and therefore the bodies reaction to the lifting, is to become more accepting of what it is going through.

This could indicate a workout becoming ineffective, but it could just mean the body is coping a little more with what it is going through.

A workout failing to deliver progress could be identified if you have had 3-4 weeks of stagnancy, but many times people have wrongly adjudged plateauing as being down to a workout stagnating in its physical effects, which leads to the individual changing the workout one or more times potentially within 3-4 weeks of adopting a new one, when in fact diet is the nub of the matter.

I always suggest diet be addressed when plateauing not the workout and if nothing comes of it, then address the workout.
billabong099
STARTING OUT

Post by billabong099 »

and btw, if i workout abs every other day with one rest day a week, in how much time do you think i'll get a visible six pack?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I can't tell you, as that happens with a combination of diet and exercise and the time frame might differ from person to person based on genetics and start point.
gapage
STARTING OUT

Post by gapage »

You probably have a great six-pack, the only question is what's on top of it. Sound nutritional habits are even more important than the training aspect. As for the soreness, it's hard to say if your workouts are as effective as they used to be. It's always a good idea to utilize assessments to determine if you are making gains and reaching goals.
billabong099
STARTING OUT

Post by billabong099 »

ok, thanks guys
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

Abs are made in the kitchen. :D