help and advice

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

julia-alminde
STARTING OUT

help and advice

Post by julia-alminde »

Hello, I really Hope that someone can help me :) I have been trying too find out fitness routine and calories. plan is: Strengt and fitness 2-3 times a week for an hour, spinning 2-3 times a week for an hour. goal is to get leaner and get stronger muscles, and perhabs also a litlle bigger. But I DON'T want to get bulky (well, im a girl haha). So I want to gain muscle and loose fat. Is this possible? About calories, i think i have come to the conclusion that i am going to eat maintaince calories (2000-2200, the number i should eat without excersise) on all days, training and non training. I want to kind og maintain weight, but just build som muscles and loose the fat, you know, get leaner.

worries is if this is an okay plan? Are the calorie goal okay, or should i doe some changes? I am also worried that i will not get stronger muscles on those calories? Pleaase help me!

I am 17 years old in a month, 167 cm and 58 kg. Peter active daily.

And on a side note: What is the difference between maKing bigger muscles and making them stronger? How do you do each, and do both weight more and need more calories? Thanks
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: help and advice

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Julia, good to speak with you.

Firstly I want to say you should be proud of the way you are looking at your life, as many people your age are getting into bad habits and potentially screwing their lives up in the long-term.

Your goals are admirable and I would never criticise or chastise any female who wants to get stronger, as female strength can often be beautiful and is also perfectly normal, acceptable and healthy, providing you do it right and I'm proud of you for how you have chosen to live :thumb: .

Yes you can burn fat and build muscle, as muscle can help to burn an extra 45-50 calories per day.

Your calories should be fine for now, as you only need 1,800 a day as an adult female who is sedentary, so you'd probably need around 1,600 - 1,700 at your age, which means your stated calorie expectations should give you some extra calories to help get your on your way.

I would say strength training 3 times a week, spinning 2 times a week, which could work like this.

Day 1. Weights

Day 2. Spinning

Day 3. Weights

Day 4. Day off

Day 5. Spinning

Day 6. Weights

Day 7. Day off

How does that all sound?

Most of all though, be proud of your choice and remember it takes time and you must be patient.

GOOD LUCK and when you get a chance, please do keep us updated from time to time as to how you're progressing, as we always like to know how people do :)