Any yoga routine reccomendations?

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

static_jacket
STARTING OUT

Any yoga routine reccomendations?

Post by static_jacket »

Hey folks. I just posted in the sports/athletes forum asking about Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, which I just joined a gym.

I'm seeing if anyone has some good full body yoga routines they could recommend. I really need to work on flexibility, and yoga would serve a double purpose, as to give me an excuse to just slow down and breath and some points during the day.
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Re: Any yoga routine reccomendations?

Post by Fitafter50 »

I have a set of Baron Baptiste's Power Yoga DVDs--they are labeled Level One, Level Two and Level Three, but they don't seem to me to be different in difficulty, they just emphasize different poses and are different lengths of time. Also the yoga DVD from P90X is really good, but it's 90 min. long.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You could also check out Yoga For Dummies on Youtube.
jgerard
STARTING OUT

Post by jgerard »

This routine focuses on beginners yoga so it will definitely teach you the proper way to do moves and ease you into flexibility- https://www.beachbody.com/product/fitne ... ginners.do It's all online and free in the beginning so you should get a lot out of it. Hopefully it helps you!
DecidedToday
STARTING OUT

Post by DecidedToday »

If you have a chance try out hot yoga. Truly life-changing. And honestly one of the better exercises i've ever done. (Bring a change of clothes :D )
marcellanb1990
STARTING OUT

Post by marcellanb1990 »

There are tons of routines on youtube. favorite channels are: Yoga With Adriene & SarahBethYoga. The most important is to choose a routine that you can practice every day, and suits your flexibility level. Avoid pushing yourself to the limit bc it can lead to an injury.
WilliamYoung
STARTING OUT

Post by WilliamYoung »

There's some great yoga videos on You Tube, but you could also try the hot yoga it's a real blast.