speed and endurance

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

enamorado_sergio
STARTING OUT

speed and endurance

Post by enamorado_sergio »

yeah im 14 and im 6' tall and a lil overweight football coach needs me as a wide receiver, tight end, defensive end, or linebacker so i need more speed and when i do push self to go fast i dont last too long so i need more endurance should i jus run alot or should i workout legs alot to what should i do?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I would possibly do some sort of combination work involving sprints and endurance work, like jogging or something, to try and find a good balance between Slow Twitch and Fast Twitch muscle fibre use.
enamorado_sergio
STARTING OUT

yeah i was told to do 10-15 sets of 50 yd sprints wit 1 min rests btw sets but i dont have anywhere to go that i kno for sure thatt is 50 yds all that is around here is a park wit a track that is 1/4 mile long
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

you won't need endurance work for wide reciever...i don't even watch gridiron here in australia but you only sprint about 50 - 80m at a time than get a 1 - 3min rest so no endurance required there...lose wt and you'll be faster right away, simple as that...do those sprints too they'll hepl with wt and speed...just estimate 50yds doesn't have to be perfect
enamorado_sergio
STARTING OUT

yeah ive been losin wt and gainin it back in muscle so im good and yeah i got the 50 yd problem solved wit some help around here