womens area?

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

grainsinwood

womens area?

Post by grainsinwood »

Just curious: Why is there a need for a Women's Area?I can understand if this was a gym where genders need a place to use the washrooms etc but being gender specific on this site is somewhat difficult to understand.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Simple answer is, Women have certain physical and biological issues, that should be addressed seperately.
Last edited by Boss Man on Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twitch
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Twitch »

I agree with Bossman, but to add a lot of people who post don't necessarily give their gender. Posting in this section helps us determine what you are.

Most female needs are different than needs and it helps to address them seperately. It doesn't at all mean that women can't post in all areas of the board though. :D
grainsinwood

Repy to anyone interested

Post by grainsinwood »

As I'm not exactly new to this planet,I realize all the above statements can ring true in some instances ,ie: We stand to pee etc. but an exercise is an exercise and it's not related to whether or not a mammory gland will get in the way of pullovers etc. I've never heard of women saying they can't perform an exercise because of their gender.And really why would anyone really care if your a of female in the first place unless of coarse your looking for a date. Still baffled.Perhaps it's better that way...lol.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

As I said, women have biological issues too, plus a woman who wants to gain a bit of bulk, will require a different strategy to a man.

A woman wouldn't do 9-10 sets on a Bicep in one session for example. More like 4-6.

Womens issues are often physiological., and it's not as simple as something like, they can do stuff like Hammer Curls or Dumbbell Rows or Freebar Squats like guys, or drink Protein Powders like guys, or have 30g Protein at meals like guys, it's a bit deeper than that.

Womens dietry needs are different to mens, depending on their goals. Their muscle development speed, and Stamina potential are slightly lower than guys, and with muscle I mean how quickly they gain, not how much they can gain.

Sure stuff to do with diet, basic training, supplements etc etc, is okay for both genders, it just sometimes requires a little tweaking of things like rest breaks, reps, sets, quantities or calories, etc etc

So there are certain things that might require seperation from the normal stuff.

If you need more clarification, check the Womens section out, see what gets asked. It's not exclusively female, just female issues. Guys can support and advise females there, but you'll get an idea of what's asked, and the need to encourage female activity.

It's also about giving female members a little extra respect, and support, and treating them properly, instead of like objects of desire or fun, so that's another reason to go that little extra for them, because we care and don't want the site to look too blokey, and intimidating.

We don't want a site that looks too , and a have some females not come on, because they're wworried they'll get seond class treatment. I've seen it before a site I used to go on. A female about 14, had a physical female issue, and a guy ripped on her like she was a 6 year old, that knew zilch, because his manners and attitude were toally crappy.

Some females are under 18, and for them it's good to know we can be there, when they ask stuff about their physical development, and growth issues, and it's good for us, to be able to help them, as a 14 year old female who gives us respect, is just as valued to me personally, (as a member), as a 35 year old amateur BB, who gives the same respect.

It's about giving a little more to females, so they know we are here for them too, and care about them too, and they matter as much as any guy in the context of this site, and that their physical and emotional issues matter to us too, so that's why we have such a section.

Hopefully I've clarified things fully :).
grainsinwood

Post by grainsinwood »

One more add-on to this "Womens Area" that a few think is necessary on this site.I also think that the phyisically and or mentally challenged have more issues to address than women. Why is there not a section devoted to this group if you going to talk about specific needs or requirements.Some of best workout partners are women and they can do some some exercises better than I.When i told them about a womens section on this site they asked WHY.
grainsinwood

Post by grainsinwood »

I totally disagree with you Boss Man but I'll drop this subject for good.Enough said
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

We could do that, but I've never seen enough evidence on messagebaorsds, for say a forum section maybe for people with a learning disability, or Downs Syndrome, (as examples), to warrent one.

Plus if such people believe their ability to workout isn't impeded by their condition, many probably wouldn't mention their condition, just incase it changed some peoples behaviour towards them.

I think a lot of people like that, like to be conversed with and treated as normally as possible, so unless there's a real issue with regular diet / training issues resulting from a physical condtion, why make people think they have to post in a disability section, and get special treatment they don't want, or special advise, they don't need?

If any indication of such a section being pheasible, and potentially half decent use was given, I'd tell Admin I thought it was a good to go concept, but until then, I think the sort of people you mentioned, who can workout and eat pretty much, with normal training / diet advise, would probably prefer to blend in, not stick out in opinion.
zerosktrkd
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by zerosktrkd »

i agree with boss man women have diffrent needs than men and should be adressed separetly if that is what they would like, they are not forced to post there but i think that some of the women on this forum feel more comfortable doing so.