Where do you work out?

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Where do you work out?

Home
50%
24 Hour Fitness
8%
Bally's
No votes
Gold's Gym
8%
YMCA
8%
Other (Please List)
25%

Total votes: 12

FireRed
STARTING OUT

Where do you work out?

Post by FireRed »

Where do you mostly work out at and why? I am curious to see what is most popular and why. Let see who is the winner. :D
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

i have heavuer wts at home than work although i'd rather train at work as there's too mnay distractions at home sometimes
Christopheel
REGULAR

Post by Christopheel »

home here
HOUSTON TEXAN
REGULAR

Post by HOUSTON TEXAN »

I train at the YMCA because its the cheapest gym in town.
Chipper
STARTING OUT

Post by Chipper »

A localized fitness center. It has a discount due to place of employment.
FireRed
STARTING OUT

Post by FireRed »

What is cheap? I pay $29 a month at 24 Hour Fitness a month which I think is a good deal. They always have different offers on their site tho. I love that they offer a variety under membership, not just treadmills and weights. They have a pool, spas, and free group classes I can choose to work into routine.

I think variety is important, help from getting bored. Don't you think?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

variety is important buit you do need some structure because if your doing different things each session, where do you see improvement? your not gonna lose wt every week but you can get stronger etc but how would you know if you can't remeber what you did from one week to the next?
FireRed
STARTING OUT

Post by FireRed »

swanso5 wrote:variety is important buit you do need some structure because if your doing different things each session, where do you see improvement? your not gonna lose wt every week but you can get stronger etc but how would you know if you can't remeber what you did from one week to the next?
O yes, structure is important. I'm not saying I roam the gym and have a 5 minute taste of everything...haha..But if you are spending 45 on cardio and 15 on weights, its nice to relax in the sauna or dip in the pool at times. I love that 24 hour fitness allows me to have those choices.

Plus, classes are a good way for structure since you have to follow a time schedule and follow directions. Also, logging you routines and progress can help too with seeing improvements. :)
cshapland
STARTING OUT

Post by cshapland »

I train at lifetime fitness it may only be in the midwest and west but it is the stuff its huge and has a rock climbing wall which is a blast