Planche progression

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

adrian
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Planche progression

Post by adrian »

can any of you out teher do the planche. If yes, could you teach me the progression techniques to be ablee to do teh planche?

i wnat to planche because i wnat to learn how to flare
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I don't follow, what do you mean by flare?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

put "planche progression coach sommers" in google
adrian
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by adrian »

Boss Man wrote:I don't follow, what do you mean by flare?
flare, a power move in breakdancing

swanso5 wrote:put "planche progression coach sommers" in google
ive seen this before, i tried it. i could do the frog stand for 1 minute but when it comes to the tuck planche...=.= nearly impossible to even lift body up
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

there's really no other way...it's easily a 6 month progression depending on your starting point...break it down into small sets for a total of 1min then make each set gradually longer untill your there
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Right Breakdancing.
adrian
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by adrian »

for the advanced tuck planche...whats the first thing that i am supposed to do? am i suppose to do a normal tuck planche and then slwoly extend leg out till back is flat. Or am i suupose to just flatten back 1st and then put hands down and do it?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

that would be easiest way, not sure i didn't get that far...
adrian
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by adrian »

u mean u r still in tuck planche? and 1 more thing everytimg i train for it shoulder hurts...not the fornt part, but the back part of shoulder and it only occurs on left arm. im not sure wether its muscle pain or joints. it hurts =(
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

did it for a month and got to second stage and moved on...i have no working nerves in one of hands so i can't bend wrist all the way back..should still try though shouldn;t i?
adrian
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by adrian »

seriously i need help man, everytime i put lock arms and put it on teh floor just as im about to shift weight onto hands, left shoulder hurts! and yes its gone bad,,,it hurts like around the back of shoulder, the rotator cuff area..it only hurts hen i put tension onto it
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

well there's not much i can do...i'd say go to the pysio for a better diagnosis but give away all bench press, shoulder press, chin ups etc anything that pouts your elbows back behind you

do scapula push ups, dumbell protractions, push up plus, sleeper stretch, myofascial release with a golf ball around the rotator cuff area, prone trap raises etc..there's a heap...actually go to youtube and pop in "jimmy smith shoulder warm up" and i think you should get a whole heap of demo's...maybe "diesel shoulder warm up" id that doesn't work

that beiong said go to the physio as you can;t something if you don;t know what's broken
adrian
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by adrian »

well yeah, i recovered fully. i just wanna ask. when i do teh tuck planche height of feet from teh floor is like only 2 inches....while when i look at teh kid in coach sommer's picture..his feet is liek sooo far apart from teh ground...hwo does he do that?!...isit he has longer arms?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

the kid in the picture just has ridiculous bodyweight to strength ratio...that's the problem with taking up gymnastics when you're not an child, the progressions anre long and hard...squeeze the hell out of your arse, low back and hamstrings when you're in the top position