First Thread! Need help with Deltoids..

Questions or concerns about specific exercises? Post them here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

dummy123
STARTING OUT

First Thread! Need help with Deltoids..

Post by dummy123 »

the title says it all..just wanna say this is first thread and post here and i asked a friend for some good workouts and he reffered me here. seems verrrry useful.

anyway, i dont have a picture ATM but i will be getting one. When it comes to working out, i have 2, maybe 3 hard gainer spots :calves, delts, and maybe chest.

anyway lateral deltoids are well built, but body doesnt respond well at all to anterior deltoids, leaving the top of shoulders really bony and square.

can anyone gimme some good excercises (i only have dumbells, but freeweight and machines would be nice because i hit the gym for P.E. at school) for the anterior's? shoulders are really square and bony and ive been wanting to wear that sleeveless shirt but couldnt..

thanks.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

shoulder thing is probably genetic

either way best exercises are heavy bench presses (stay off machines too), heavy shoulder presses, push presses, chin ups, rows and of course deadlifts and squats...singel arm shoulder presses too as heavy as you can go
dummy123
STARTING OUT

Post by dummy123 »

swanso5 wrote:shoulder thing is probably genetic

either way best exercises are heavy bench presses (stay off machines too), heavy shoulder presses, push presses, chin ups, rows and of course deadlifts and squats...singel arm shoulder presses too as heavy as you can go

why shouldnt i use the machines?
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

because there shit and you don''t use as many muscles as you do with free wts
DianaB
REGULAR

Post by DianaB »

swanso5 wrote:because there shit and you don''t use as many muscles as you do with free wts
Just to clarify...
If you have a Hammer Strength machine, it's great for shoulder presses.
Stay away from Nautilus type machines (the ones with a cam). Variable resistance machines offer no eccentric contraction of the muscle, so you miss out on half the lift basically.
swanso5
VETERAN

Post by swanso5 »

still don't compare to db's