Down 50 pounds, 10 more to go

Post your photos and show everyone the progress you have made with your physique!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Fotogress
STARTING OUT

Down 50 pounds, 10 more to go

Post by Fotogress »

Hi everyone

I started losing weight a year ago now, and have lost 50 pounds thus far. I hear the last 10 or 20 is the hardest so I thought I would get some extra support. I am also representing Fotogress, which I use to post before and after photos and find other before and after photos.http://fotogress.com/fg/2e2b2a53-9c25-4 ... 9fd77950a9

I achieved transformation by running and doing Jillian Michaels workout videos, as well as counting calories. What is everyone's top tips for losing the last 20, 10, 5 pounds before their goal weight?
Alinshop
REGULAR

Re: Down 50 pounds, 10 more to go

Post by Alinshop »

WOW!! You look like a completely different person, congrats!!

As far as losing the last bit of weight, you might need to change your current workout routine, as your body might need something new to basically "shock" your system. You mentioned using the JM system but do you also belong to a gym?
Fotogress
STARTING OUT

Post by Fotogress »

Thanks! I have a gym in building that is great for getting in some cardio and doing any weight training I need to do. What I like about Jillian Michaels workouts is it gives varying levels of intensity. I haven't gotten to the highest level yet! Do you do any photo sharing? What kind of resources do you go to for motivation?
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

Awww...I think I mis-read your initial post as I thought your weight loss had stalled! I personally don't photo share, fb, or instagram believe it or not!

As far as motivation, I use BB-ing websites, magazines and forums :D
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

WELL DONE Chris, you look really healthy and beautiful and you should be so proud of yourself and I don't know you but I feel proud of you :).

The main thing is not get disheartened by anything. The hardest part is losing the last little bit, but suddenly making wholsale changes or knee-jerking to stalled progress, or suddenly getting the urge to use stupid, uselss pills and cleanses isn't the way forwards.

You could try this little trick, where you deduct 10g carbs from a meal and repalce teh calories with fat. The body can't then get its normal energy needs from carbs and sources added fat to compensate, as fat is a secondary aeneryg source.

Cayenne pepper is supposed to elevate thermogenisis and have fat promoting potential.

I don't know if you're using a good weight sprogramme at all, but muscle building has the potential to burn fat as 1lb of added muscle increases fat burning potential by 45-50 calories per day.

Whatever you do keep on believing and keep on pushing, because seem like a lovely Lady and if we ca ndo anything to help just let us know, because we're here to support peoples physical mental and emotional wellbeing :).