the gut-wrenchingly slow process of losing fat

Post your photos and show everyone the progress you have made with your physique!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

SkinnyFatGirl13
STARTING OUT

the gut-wrenchingly slow process of losing fat

Post by SkinnyFatGirl13 »

Hi there,

I've been very skinny entire life, then came babies and years and next thing I know I went from a size 0-2 to a size 4-6. I know that this is still considered small but I'm just trying to get back in shape. But when you are relatively small the weight loss process is painfully slow
I run 3 miles three to four times a week and lift weight 3 times a week. I eat between 1000 to 1200 calories per day

This pic was taken 2 months ago I was 137 pounds (i'm 5'5) sorry huge pic !

This is me today at 132 pounds and 23%body fat

Alinshop
REGULAR

Re: the gut-wrenchingly slow process of losing fat

Post by Alinshop »

Hello!

You have a nice shape and I see drastic changes in your before and after pics. Keep up the good work!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Hi SFG, good to talk to you.

I want to say that there is sincerely no need to apologise for the size of the picture, so I'll politely decline what I see as an unnecessary apology from a Lady if it is alright with you :).

I would however heed caution on those calories, as you may be getting inadequate nutrients especially in relation to bone health and if you get bones that thin too much and you also exercise, you could elevate the risk of minor fractures.

You have made what on the outside appear positive changes and I want you to feel proud of yourself for caring about your body that much, because you should be proud of yourself and I'm proud of you too, so please don't see concerns as critisising you because it's not, but if I would feel a bit negligent not to raise concerns, because although we don't know each other, you're one of our members and I care how you achieve your results.

If you do exercise, then I feel you should definitely eat more calories. Sedentary adult females need around 1,800 a day and you could add another 200-300 on exercise days.

Your changes are beautiful and I want you to be able to feel more beautiful about yourself, because the start point is not the really important thing, but why you want to change and why you want to improve yourself for yourself.

Keep persevering, but I would urge you to potentially look at the way you are doing things and perhaps contemplate on not that you are getting towards the end goal(s), but how you are getting there, as people often sometimes don't realise that cosmetic change from better living, can sometimes be achieved at some detriment to their inner health, because what you can't see you can't realise :).

You seem like a wonderful Lady and I hope you get what you will deserve from all this, because I am sure you will become an even greater role model to your children, than I think you may already be and if you let us, we will do what we think we can in the best way(s), we think we can to help you progress to the end goal and beyond :).

GOOD LUCK
SkinnyFatGirl13
STARTING OUT

Post by SkinnyFatGirl13 »

Thanks guys for your encouragements ! Boss man, what a gentleman you are !

Lately I've slightly increased calorie intake to 1300 cal/day. since I haven't lost a single ounce for the past 2 weeks I figured I should switch things up a little bit. ideal weight is 120-125 (for 5'5).

It's going to be a long and painful journey but I won't give up

Thanks for this forum ;)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Do you do any form of exercise at present?
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

SkinnyFatGirl13 wrote:Thanks guys for your encouragements ! Boss man, what a gentleman you are !

Lately I've slightly increased calorie intake to 1300 cal/day. since I haven't lost a single ounce for the past 2 weeks I figured I should switch things up a little bit. ideal weight is 120-125 (for 5'5).

It's going to be a long and painful journey but I won't give up

Thanks for this forum ;)
I am curious to know WHAT you are eating on a daily basis? :)
markalem
STARTING OUT

Post by markalem »

Great progress. Bravo. Keep it up.