180+ lbs to 127 lbs

Post your photos and show everyone the progress you have made with your physique!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

aarie
STARTING OUT

Post by aarie »

OK, guys!

I took a really TOUGH trail yesterday (lots of hills and turns) and ran 7 MILES in about 75 minutes!

I had to walk up some of the steep hills, but made up for it by running hard on the flats!

race is THIS SATURDAY and I'm SO excited!

weight dropped down to 120 lbs... it's been holding steady between 120-122 lbs the past couple weeks. Not trying to lose any more - want to be STRONG!
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

Best of luck at your meet. I know you will do well!

Cheers
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You'll be fine. Just keep believing in yourself, and don't worry about other people. It's their priority to do as well as they can, not necessarily better than you, because almost all of them don't know you.

If you've put a lot of work into this, you CAN an no doubt WILL make it work out for you, and you should be proud of yourself.
aarie
STARTING OUT

Post by aarie »

HOLY CRAP! That race was MUCH more difficult than I'd thought it would be!

Getting started was REALLY slow - about the first 5-10 minutes was people all herded together and trying run but not being able to. We all moved at a slow crawl for the first little bit. Then got going good, but there was a tunnel and everyone had to sort of bottle neck into the tunnel. Same thing happened: everyone slowed WAY down.

There were 4 creeks we had to cross and there were lines to cross them where the rocks and logs were to get across without getting too wet. On the second creek I just plowed through the water though (along with alot of other crazy runners) and I was up to WAIST in ICY water! Then the rocks gave out some underneath me and hands and forearms were in the water as well. When I got out of the water, gloves were literally CRUNCHY because of the ice!

There were also big hills to hike up (holding onto branches and roots, getting on your hands and knees and crawling up the hill in the mud)

So now for the bad part. When we got to the last mile or so we were going up a steep hill and the outside of right knee started killing me! I pushed through it though and to the finish line. But broke down crying at the end. It was hurting worse than any other pains I've had from running. I was FREEZING to boot. It was starting to snow.

It was all totally worth it though and I'm totally proud of myself :) I can honestly say I did the BEST that I possibly could - most of the problem was not knowing what to expect. Had I known there would be so many breaks (to wait in line) I would have pushed harder through the rest of it. But I started out trying to keep usual pace so I didn't get burned out.

RESULTS:

2404/3236 all women
560/738 women age 20-29

http://fitnesssports.com/November_races ... erall.html

P.S. knee is feeling much better now after getting warmed up and resting.

(I'm on the left in the Aeropostale shirt, sister is on the right in the Iowa Hawkeyes shirt - don't you love our hats?)
Boopster
REGULAR

Post by Boopster »

You Rock Girl!!! Congratulations on a job well done. You should be so proud of yourself. LOVE YOUR HAT :D
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

aarie, love the hat :lol:

congradulations to you and your sister to a job well done! I'm proud of you for doing your best, for setting your goals and following through and keeping your nerve. I hope your knee is ok. You may want to get it checked to be on the safe side. You should know the next time you run if there is a problem for sure.

You did great! And look like you had fun doing it!

cheers
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You SHOULD be really proud of yourself. It doesn't matter too much to me where you finished. To me you're a winner for finishing the course.

WELL DONE, you're pretty amazing.
DeeDee24
STARTING OUT

Post by DeeDee24 »

Wow amazing. Good job. You look great.
FreeWeight19
STARTING OUT

Post by FreeWeight19 »

wow.... you look awesome... great Job!!!!!!!!!
clare_1
HIGH FLYER

Post by clare_1 »

You look great and must be really proud of your achievements. Good going. :)
Gillsflower
STARTING OUT

Post by Gillsflower »

Thanks so much for putting these pictures up. You look absolutely AMAZING and you must be so proud of what you have achieved.
Just looking at this has made me realise that I need to be patient with weight loss rather than starving and overdoing the exercise! 50 pounds in a year is an amazing loss, and you obviously are maintaining that weight.
Thanks for being such an inspiration!! :D
Gecko79
STARTING OUT

Post by Gecko79 »

What a great achievement, you should be very proud of yourself keep up the hard work as its definitely paid off
aarie
STARTING OUT

Post by aarie »

Still maintaining at 124-126 lbs

Haven't been able to run much outside this winter because of the snow, ice and below freezing temperatures, but have gotten to the gym several times. Looking forward to spring so I can start training for half marathon at the end of May!

Boopster
REGULAR

Post by Boopster »

Keep up the great work Aarie :wink: I'm proud of you girl!
RK19
REGULAR

Post by RK19 »

looking hot girl! :D