Nokie's Food Journal

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Re: Nokie's Food Journal

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Nokie you need to keep posting! would like to post daily goals again for sparkpeople. can you post daily with me?? Could really use the support and friendship. i know you are busy though and i understand if you don't want too. :sunshine: :sunshine:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

forget it Nokie. Maybe i will try it on own this time. I will still be around and posting though. :)
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Hey Becky,

I would love to do a daily post but it will be boring… since I eat the same damn thing ever day!!!! Well, except weekends… LOL :funny: I will try to post it including workouts as it’s important for health and fitness goals too. But ever since company mentioned about relocating to another states, they moved us around and I’m like in front of the VP office!!! So, it’s harder for me to post at work. Once, I’m home... it’ either parents’ house or gym and I come home about 9-10PM and bed time 10:30/11pm and back up at 5AM. But if you will do it, I will make myself do it too… I do have lunch and break time so I can try to post stuff more often! :thumb: There's always a way and time :wink:

7/14/14 – Monday
8:00AM – egg muffins x 4 with salsa
10:00AM – Turkey jerky
12:00PM – Grilled chicken & steam veggies
3:00PM – protein bar
6:00PM – Fish and green salad
8:00PM – Weights workout

Last night, I stir fried some lean ground beef and added some frozen spinach with salt and pepper. I was going to chop some onions and peppers in there but I decided to make salsa instead. So, I made beef spinach egg muffins with some shredded cheese. Top with fresh salsa (Onions, yellow bell peppers and red tomatoes with lime juice and salt/peppers) This will last me until Wednesday because hubby took the other 2 days (I try to make 5 days’ worth!) So, I will cook again Wednesday night! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I went to class last Friday and am still sore from it. But I told the instructor that I am interested in joining other classes too because I can’t always make it to the women’s training classes. Some days, I will be at parent’s house and others I have own appt. Since gym is a Boxing, MMA and Brazilian jiu jitsu training center… I can join any classes with membership! I am thinking of jiu jitsu. I am pretty intimidated in a way because I did martial arts back in college (over 10 years ago) and I was injured while sparring… I even inured head a couple of times and had to stop for a while. Ever since then, I’ve been doing cardio kick boxing and nothing intensive. But I guess I will push myself, actually I want to push myself… 1) to get over fears… 2) to challenge myself in training 3) for self-defense! :thumb:

I might start next week since this week is crazy hectic for me after work! So, all workouts this week will be at home or lunch time or even late night… (Depending how late... I don’t want to cut sleep just to workout. I’m aging! I need beauty sleep in order for me to function properly the next day!) :bugeyes:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Just go for it I say. You may have gotten injured 10 years ago, but that was a long time back and that doesn't mean you'll necessarily end up going the same way :).
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

I think you should go for it too Nokie.

Will start posting tomorrow too. If you can't post daily i understand. Just appreciate you popping in here and there. Wish we could get lynne and jocelyn to post more often too. :D Got second job intervew later this week. :clap:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

I think i will just post weekly nokie. I hope you can to. Maybe we can do it on the same day if you like?? that might be easier for you and me too. :) Just a check in on how our diet and exercise and lives are going??

Glad you are still around here though. :wave: :sunshine: :sunshine:
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

musculArgirl2 wrote:I think i will just post weekly nokie. I hope you can to. Maybe we can do it on the same day if you like?? that might be easier for you and me too. :) Just a check in on how our diet and exercise and lives are going??

Glad you are still around here though. :wave: :sunshine: :sunshine:
I'll try to post daily so I can share struggles and accomplishments :mrgreen:

So when I feel down or lack of motivations… I can always go back and see how far I’ve gotten and the challenges I went through. Also, if I don’t see results I want to be able look at diet and see if I can tweak it here and there and if I happen to mess up and confess…I will see the reason why and how will I handle it next time? Will I mess up again and keep repeating the same mistakes or learn how to handle things better so I don’t mess up the next time. The reason I’m able to have mind set on goals now because I went back and read all posts before I got married and how dedicated I was… I figured if I did it before I know I can do it again… :D

But this time around, I will learn and live with the changes I made & continue making instead of a quick weight lost to look good…. I’m learning what I can control and what I can’t. I know I can’t control natural disasters but health & diet is something I do have control over. It might take some time for weight loss but I know I can live with it. :wink:

However, if I can't do it daily I'll at least post weekly for updates. :thumb:

Tuesday: 7/15/14
8:00AM - Egg muffin x 2 & salsa
12:00PM - Mexican Tortilla Chicken Soup 12oz (tortilla on the side)
3:00PM - Quest protein bar
7:00PM - Chicken salad (dressing on the side) & frozen berries x1c ( new ice cream!!!!)
8:30PM - Yoga DVD

For some reason, I didn’t feel hungry today. Usually, when I wake up I’m starving so I eat when I get in to work around 7ish… That’s almost 1 ½-2 hours after I wake up (depending when I wake up… sometimes 5AM and snooze until 5:30AM :funny: ). I didn’t feel hungry but still force myself to eat a bit even though I didn’t finish it. I didn’t even snack and didn’t feel like eating protein and veggies for lunch so I went out and grab soup… even that I didn’t finish. body is hungry… I know it is! But I don’t feel like eating… hmmm…. Oh well, maybe tomorrow might be different! :D
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Thanks Nokie! I appreciate that. Maybe i will post too then if you are going too. :D :D

I am a member of spark people too. And the guy that started sparkpeople is kind of interesting. He had some kind of online auction business similar to ebay back in the 90's. and sold it to ebay for millions and then started sparkpeople. he lives actually in san francisco area.

his whole philophy is about goal setting and doing small steps to create bigger results. He says that is what made him so successful in life. His mother was seriously ill this past spring and he said he would still have a streak going of at least 10 minutes daily of exericise even if it was just going to the hospital and his walks to her room and taking the stairs and stuff. He said it made him feel more in control of the situation.
Nokie173 wrote:ut this time around, I will learn and live with the changes I made & continue making instead of a quick weight lost to look good…. I’m learning what I can control and what I can’t. I know I can’t control natural disasters but health & diet is something I do have control over. It might take some time for weight loss but I know I can live with it.
this quote made me think of that. So i just added it. :wink:

I'm going to make some egg muffins too. i hate cooking daily much easier to heat it up in the microwave. Need to definitely do that. :)
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

By the way he was an accountant too i belivee. :wink:
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Wednesday: 7/16/14
7:00AM – Egg muffin x3 & salsa
10:00AM – Quest bar ½ & strawberries x1c
12:30PM – Salad with grilled chicken & avocado
2:30PM – Quest bar ½
5:00PM – Grilled pork chop and steam green beans
6:30PM – Women’s training class
8:30PM – Protein shake

Today is better, I ate more than yesterday! I kinda don’t want to go to class today but I will push myself. Sometimes it’s hard to make myself go to the gym but once I there and working butt off… it’s so worth it. Right now, it’s tough just pushing myself to go go go!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

The thing is regardless of how you feel sometimes about it, there's always that little something in the back of your mind that gets you through.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Nokie173 wrote:Today is better, I ate more than yesterday! I kinda don’t want to go to class today but I will push myself. Sometimes it’s hard to make myself go to the gym but once I there and working butt off… it’s so worth it. Right now, it’s tough just pushing myself to go go go!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
You can do it Nokie! :clap: :clap: I just finished reading this book about this lady who lost 75 pounds and she committed to losing by not giving up and quitting like she had in the past. even when she wanted too she would agonize over it but when she committed to something she would do it even if she didn't want too. i liked it.. I might try that for the next year too. :tonguepoke:
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Yes, I went to class last night and worked out!!! For some reason, it wasn't as bad... I was able to keep up! Actually, I wanted it to be more challenging! That's why next week... I will start training Jiu-Jitsu! :thumb:

Thursday: 7/17/14
7:30AM – Egg muffins x3 & salsa
9:30PM – Protein bar ½ & strawberries x1c
12:30PM – Mexican Tortilla Chicken Soup 12oz (tortilla on the side)
3:30PM – Protein bar ½
6:30PM – Dinner – DON’T REALLY KNOW YET!!!

It’s hubby’s birthday and he wants to have dinner in the beautiful, busy and expensive city of San Francisco. He also picked the restaurant and of course, not a surprise a fancy one! Maybe not Gordon Ramsey fancy but believe me, I would not pay the price for every night dinner!!!!! :shock:

Don’t get me wrong, I do love good food. When it’s a birthday or anniversary, we try to go to fine dining for experience and reward ourselves with our hard work and enjoy every once in awhile, like a date! :wink:

I am contemplating with which one I want to eat tonight... What you guys think? :bugeyes:

Starter:
Steak Tartare (Quail egg, greens, pistachio oil) or Truffled duck liver Mousse (Seasonal fruit chutney)
(Both comes with green leafy salad and toasted crispy bread – I’ll ditch the bread!!!)

Entrée :
Butter-Poached filet mignon 8oz (100% grass-fed)
(Of course, I'll only have 3oz!!! the rest, I'll just have it for lunch the next day.)
or
Fallon Hill Ranch Lamb -Pine scented red rice, blueberry agrodolce, summer squash, and yogurt
(I will most likely ask for side veggies or replace the rice with steam veggies!)

There are options for seafood but it’s mixed in with pasta like tortellini and risotto kind of stuff... So, I'll avoid seafood since there's a bunch of carbs with it! :tonguepoke:

This is how I plan things... If I can, I look at the place and menu in advance so I have a game plan of what I should consider eating in order for me to enjoy socializing same time keeping up weight loss/fitness goals... :wink:

If I go to a sport bar where there are only deep fried foods... I'll eat protein bar before dinner and just have a bite or 2 of chicken wings... something with more protein! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So far, it's working... I don't avoid friends and able to out. I just try to plan things ahead or make better choice of the meals! When I lost weight last time before wedding, I avoid going out eating and drinking of course… :cry: it wasn’t something I like because I couldn’t socialize with friends. :( Because, I didn’t socialized with them before but once I got married, I made up by going out and drink twice as much and not surprise… weight gain also twice as much!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Lesson learned! :thumb:

This time around… I’m going to do both socialized and watch out what I eat. Everything in moderation… So far so good!!! I’m enjoying myself and losing weight again… I can maintain this in the long run.... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Nokie173 wrote:es, I went to class last night and worked out!!! For some reason, it wasn't as bad... I was able to keep up! Actually, I wanted it to be more challenging! That's why next week... I will start training Jiu-Jitsu! :thumb:
Awesome!

i would try maybe the filet mignon. That sounds good. but totally your choice. :) You really seem to be happier i think in your posts and have a good mind set about really wanting to control your weight and have it manageable in your lifestyle and that is inspiring and nice to see because i know you deserve it so much! :sunshine: :sunshine:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

The main thing is you understand why you gained weight after the event and you are in a better position to control it more.

Basically the more you understand about what are the triggers, the more you can try and find ways to not let those things become a hindrance.