Starting Fresh :3

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Starting Fresh :3

Post by Boss Man »

MissJenaKay wrote:I had a really early day at work today, so I had a better time with spacing out eating for the day and I think I did a pretty good job
I agree with your summation :).
MissJenaKay
REGULAR

Post by MissJenaKay »

Breakfast:
A croissant

Dinner:
2 baked cod fillets (they were little baby ones) with malt vinegar
a handful of baked fries
a little tartar sauce (for the fries actually)
Two homemade sugar-free sugar cookies

Evening:
Another 2 cookies
a glass of milk

WORKOUT:
Walked dogs for about a half hour today because it was our first nice day in ages and burned about 120cal

TOTALS:
Calories: 1241
Fat: 78g
Carbs: 177g
Sugar: 78g
Fiber: 4g
Protein: 47g

Still on the low side today, but I'm just not interested in eating anything more today :x
MissJenaKay
REGULAR

Post by MissJenaKay »

I ate INCREDIBLY badly today, to the point that I don't even want to admit what I had to eat today, so I'm just gonna post totals. I'm so mad at myself... :c

TOTALS:
Calories: 2394
Fat: 123g
Carbs: 216g
Sugar: 43g
Fiber: 10g
Protein: 102g
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Don't be mad at yourself Jena, that is not a terrible total by any means, in fact many active people eat more than that, so there is no reason to be mad at yourself, unless that caloric amount included too much sugar and bad fats relative to intake.

You might even find that if you ate around that amount or 10% lower on a consistent basis it could help your cause :).
MissJenaKay
REGULAR

Post by MissJenaKay »

Breakfast:
A cup of coffee with creamer and truvia

Lunch?:
A caprisun pouch

Dinner:
Homemade Cheeseburger (no bun, I don't like burgers with anything lol)
A handful of baked fries
a gatorade

Evening:
No-egg cookie dough, just wanted something sweet :P

TOTALS:
Calories: 1443
Fat: 56g
Carbs: 196g
Sugar: 112g
Fiber: 5g
Protein: 30g
MissJenaKay
REGULAR

Post by MissJenaKay »

Low again today. :x

Breakfast:
Raspberry whipped greek yogurt
2 slices of raisin bread

Lunch:
a couple slices of roast beef

Dinner:
grilled chicken breast
a baked potato with butter, sour cream, and a little cheese
corn

evening:
A diced peaches fruit cup
a gatorade

TOTALS
Calories: 1101
Fat: 33g
Carbs: 140g
Sugar: 79g
Fiber: 6g
Protein: 61g
MissJenaKay
REGULAR

Post by MissJenaKay »

So, today, I was at a training class thing for work out of town all day today, and thinking that they would provide food, I didn't take a lunch. So all I had to eat was dinner or potstickers and crab rangoon, which I ate a lot of because I was starving :Hahabonk:

TOTALS
Calories: 1245
Fat: 48g
Carbs: 70g
Sugar: 17g
Fiber: 3g
Protein: 48g
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Oops, maybe should have checked first :tongue:.
MissJenaKay
REGULAR

Post by MissJenaKay »

Okay, I've been dealing with some crises in life recently along with being sick, so I haven't been keeping track of eating and stuff. I've also gained about two pounds I think, in any case, I'm up to 221.1 pounds and that's really upsetting to me, I mean, it's not a HUGE difference from lowest weight at 210, but still, I haven't made any progress towards goals in about a year and a half, even if I am on feet more than ever now, I just haven't been making and good strides, and it's frustrating. In any case, I thought I'd let you guys know that I haven't disappeared, I'm just busy at the moment. I'm planning on going for a jog a little later, and I'm hoping to eat well today. I'm gonna start day here and hopefully I'll remember to update it later.

Breakfast:

WORKOUT:
Jogged for 25 minutes, burned 279 calories

Lunch:
A banana

Afternoon:
Cup of coffee with creamer and truvia
Tortilla chips

Dinner:
Homemade Turkey Burgers
Homemade macaroni salad

TOTALS
Calories: 1270
Fat: 58g
Carbs: 109g
Sugar: 52g
Fiber: 7g
Protein: 73g
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I feel your frustrations Jena and as always I'm 10,000,000% behind you sweetheart you know, but let me tell you, that you CAN do it, but it does require not just exercise and a lot of walking about in work, it does require the right eating and if sometimes your calories get into the 800-1,200 a day range, it can be a counterproductive thing.

So you may find you need to be getting around 1,800 or so per day consistently, so your body has a better fighting chance of getting there.

Don't despair and try not to worry too much okay. I appreciate it's hard and sometimes it will feel a bit deflating and you'll question yourself and doubt yourself, but trust in your own heart and your own ability and potential, because I believe you've got what it takes to succeed and you just need to keep believing in yourself too.

You're a terrific person and just persevering and trying to do the right thing(s), is something to be proud of and I'm proud of you okay, but try and find a solution to the concern of getting your eating more consistent, because that for me is the one hing you need to nail and if you need to, just message me sometime for a heart to heart, because I have been here for you in the past and I will be again okay :).

Stay strong Jena and keep believing, because you ARE worth it :).
MissJenaKay
REGULAR

Post by MissJenaKay »

Hey guys, I haven't been tracking what I eat lately, because I've been eating so little due to depression, but I'm going to attempt to get back into the swing of things today, sorry I've been kinda on and off.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I'll politely decline the apology as I would feel rude accepting an unnecessary apology from a Lady.

You've got your concerns to deal with and it's understandable.

Be strong and BIG HUGS :thumb: :thumb:
MissJenaKay
REGULAR

Post by MissJenaKay »

Breakfast:
2 cups of coffee with creamer and truvia
a couple pecan sandies

Lunch:
A cup of garbanzo beans with lite italian dressing

Afternoon:

Dinner:
Macaroni with cheese sauce and tuna

Evening:
an apple

TOTALS
Calories: 1235
Fat: 50g
Carbs: 205g
Sugar: 74g
Fiber: 20g
Protein: 36g
MissJenaKay
REGULAR

Post by MissJenaKay »

Today, I went shopping at work because I had some rewards cash to use and I need some new jeans because I only have like... three pair. Boy was that a mistake, nothing makes me feel as miserable about myself as shopping for clothing does. It's always the most terrible experience for me. I always feel misshapen and HUGE and it's really disheartening. I have n't been tracking food lately, because honestly, I don't really care about eating as of late, I know I should still care even with all the stuff going on in life, but I honestly just could not care less about making sure I'm measuring and weighing and keeping track of everything I eat. I don't have the energy or the motivation to do so. Oh well, I'll get back on track someday soon, I hope. It just that fitness takes up so much time that I just never seem to have.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I can understand that you may feel like the monitoring of your food intake is not something you feel like doing at the moment, but it is something that can be important for someone with your circumstances.

I know and I think deep down you know that you CAN do this and you DO have what it takes.

I appreciate that your life right now might feel hard in some ways and I wouldn't say hey that's the real world get used to it, as that mentality serves no purpose to you, but just try to remember, if you can, that the monitoring of your food and tracking it are all part of the bigger picture; the one where you discover more of your inner health and more your beautiful self, the things you will deserve to have, because you have always, always been worth it and when you reach your goal, which I'm confident you can, you will deserve every bit of happiness and self esteem that the new you will bring.

So remember that whilst the exercise is important, it is less tiring and less demanding to sort out some food every day, than it is pushing yourself for 45-75 minutes in a gym.

You're worth that time to get the food sorted and remember that if you prepare stuff like boiled eggs and chicken breasts, as examples, in bulk on a day like Sunday for instance, you can make a weeks worth in one go and then it will save you a bit of time during the week :).

The food is just as much of a challenge as the exercise and good exercise and insubstantial food intake will be worse for progression, than good food intake and poor exercise, but you DO have what it takes to get on top of these things, but I do appreciate that you've never had a lot of experience trying to get on top of food before and compared to the beginning of your study days, you have come some way by eating more and being a little more consistent and you deserve credit for that; you do and I'm always proud of the little steps you take to better yourself, because I know they add up to a long walk forwards, towards the end result(s).

You CAN and I believe you WILL get this all sorted and sussed out Jena, including the food monitoring and the consistency of calorie levels, because you're a smart Lady and this is the time in your life when you can really start to make a difference, to your own well being and find more of the person I know you can be, but if you need to talk about anything, I am here for you and one way or another there will be time for you to tell me whatever you need to okay :).

I'm proud of you for persevering and making small but positive steps forwards, because you ARE worth it and I want you to remember your own worth, because it isn't just about that dream job or the material things you want in another 20-30 years, it's about having the wellness and positive feelings it will give you too and that part of you will never stop meaning something for a single day, because it's your right to want to feel beautiful, be healthy and find more happiness in your life and you'll always be that person I sometimes butted heads with and sometimes took flack from, but ultimately always believed in and saw for who you really are and can be and it's that beautiful side of you Jena, that I want you to find more of, by being good to yourself and continuing to believe in your own self worth.

So try as much as is realistic to keep working on the food and getting it all sorted, for your own well being and your own benefit, because it's worth it and so are you :).

P.S. clothes shopping doesn't have to feel like a demoralising thing, it can feel like a positive thing, because you can look at the stuff you don't fit into right now and remind yourself that one day you will.

You could even buy one thing a few sizes too small at the minute, so that you have some motivation to wear it, but rather than make it a common or garden item like a pair of jeans, make it something a bit more unique, like a really cool dress, or a really cool denim or leather jacket for example, then you have some additional motivation to work towards and your clothes shopping experiences in the future could potentially be more positive, because you could believe that size X, will one day soon be your size for always :).