Starting Fresh :3

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

MissJenaKay
REGULAR

Starting Fresh :3

Post by MissJenaKay »

So I haven't really been on the wagon lately, I have been eating poorly and infrequently because of a lot of factors, but I'm really hoping to get myself all sorted out. I'm going to start going to the gym again, and I'm going to do best to eat better. I'm going to write up a schedule of the classes that university offers, I think and I'm going to look at own schedule and see where I could, (without ruining grades) fit in workouts. I'll post it here a little later today, I think and you guys could possibly tell me if you think I'm scheduling in enough workout time and also, if I could get some recommendations on what to do in the workout times that I don't have classes I can go to, since I'm pretty unsure of what I should do as far as a routine in order to best lose fat and build lean muscle at the same time. I might actually decided make a new Journal thread in order to start fresh, I was thinking maybe I'd wait until May in order to start, but what's the point in waiting those couple random days?
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Re: Starting Fresh :3

Post by musculArgirl2 »

You will get there. Sometimes it's nice to start a new journal and fresh like you say. :D As you know i have a hard time myself staying on the band wagon. :P When do you go to Europe? What countries are you going too? So excited for you. :D Sounds like a lot of fun! summer trips this summer are to Michigan and maybe Utah we will see. NOt as exciting as europe. LOL

I get pretty confused on what is the best for fat burning too. Really confused actually. I think really the main thing is it's your diet anyways that is most important. So if you do that despite being busy and not having alot of time for eveyrthing you should be okay. But for exercise i'm no help in that matter.

By the way, you asked once last summer i think if you should go to an endocinologist or a doctor about your weight and at the time i said they didn't tell me anything. But i went to a different doctor and actually learned a lot. i also learned i had an endo disorder that could cause weight gain too. I didn't really realize how your endo system could effect your weight. So i told you at the time it diddn't help me but now i disagree with that and would encourage you to go if you think you want too. Just to rule your that out. Just thought i would let you kow that. NIce to see you posting Jena. Miss you around here!!
MissJenaKay
REGULAR

Current Schedule

Post by MissJenaKay »

Monday
7:30am Wake Up
7:30 - 7:45 Shower
8:00am Breakfast
9:40 - 11:10 Class
11:15 Snack
11:30-1:30 Homework
2:00 Lunch
2:15 - 5:00 Class (with 20min commute each way)
5:15 Dinner
5:30 - 8:00 Homework
8:00 Snack
8:30 - 10:00pm Homework or relaxing
10:00pm Bedtime

Tuesday
4:00am Wake up
4:00-4:15 Shower
4:30 Breakfast
5:30 - 10:30 ish (depends on shift can be as late as 12:30 some days) Work at Old Navy
(Whenever I get home) Lunch
1:00 - 2:30 Class
2:45 Dinner
3:00 - 4:00 homework
4:00 - 7:00 tutoring (I usually have some sort of snack whilst there)
7:00 - 8:00 (Depending on how I feel) Glee or Zumba
8:00 dinner
8:00 - 9:00 homework
9:00 - 10:00 Dems Meeting
10:00 - 12:00am Homework or relaxing
12:00am bedtime

Wednesday
11:15 Snack
11:30-1:30 Homework
2:00 Lunch
2:15 - 9:20 Class (with 20min commute each way)
9:20 - 10:00pm Relaxing

Thursday
4:00am Wake up
4:00-4:15 Shower
4:30 Breakfast
5:30 - 10:30 ish (depends on shift can be as late as 12:30 some days) Work at Old Navy
(Whenever I get home) Lunch
1:00 - 2:30 Class
2:45 Dinner
3:00 - 6:00 tutoring (I usually have some sort of snack whilst there)
7:15 - 8:15 Zumba (sometimes, depends on whether roommate goes with me or not.)
8:20 dinner
8:00 - 12:00am Homework or relaxing
12:00am bedtime

Friday
(after class is usually completely unscheduled, I usually do homework and relax)

Saturday and Sunday are usually completely open.

I'm thinking I could possibly fit in a workout on monday evenings, friday evening and sometime on Saturday and Sunday. I know there's a 7:00 Zumba class on Sundays.

What do y'all think??
MissJenaKay
REGULAR

Post by MissJenaKay »

musculArgirl2 wrote:You will get there. Sometimes it's nice to start a new journal and fresh like you say. :D As you know i have a hard time myself staying on the band wagon. :P When do you go to Europe? What countries are you going too? So excited for you. :D Sounds like a lot of fun! summer trips this summer are to Michigan and maybe Utah we will see. NOt as exciting as europe. LOL

I get pretty confused on what is the best for fat burning too. Really confused actually. I think really the main thing is it's your diet anyways that is most important. So if you do that despite being busy and not having alot of time for eveyrthing you should be okay. But for exercise i'm no help in that matter.

By the way, you asked once last summer i think if you should go to an endocinologist or a doctor about your weight and at the time i said they didn't tell me anything. But i went to a different doctor and actually learned a lot. i also learned i had an endo disorder that could cause weight gain too. I didn't really realize how your endo system could effect your weight. So i told you at the time it diddn't help me but now i disagree with that and would encourage you to go if you think you want too. Just to rule your that out. Just thought i would let you know that. NIce to see you posting Jena. Miss you around here!!
For Europe trip, I'll give you the general itinerary, cause it's a lot of moving around, haha.

Flying out the 15th
June 16th - 20th London, England
June 21st - 24th Edinburgh, Scotland
June 25th - 27th Glasgow, Scotland
June 28th - 30th Belfast, North Ireland
July 1st - 5th Dublin, Ireland
July 6th - 11th , France
July 12th - 13th Tramore, Ireland
July 14th - 18th Leslie, Scotland
July 19th - 21st East Preston, England
Flying home on the 21st.

I'm going to see what I can do about making sure I eat better, I'm just so exhausted and anxious usually that I can't handle standing around and cooking. Not to mention that the new roommate likes to sit out on the kitchen or livingroom a lot and she makes me extremely uncomfortable, so I try to avoid being out there when she is.

Haha, sorry I've kinda disappeared, but as you can see from schedule, I spend most of days at work or class or attempting to get homework and housework done. Haha. I'll talk to momma about seeing an endocrinologist when I get home from Europe. I would do it before I go, but I'm only going to be home for seven days and I have a whole bunch of other appointments in that week before I leave.
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

This is exciting :) Lots of fun things on the horizon!

I see a workout spot at 6AM, Mon, Wed, and Fri.... is that crazy? It's actually preferred workout time, and if you're in bed by 10PM you'll still get your (very important) 8 hours of sleep.

What kind of exercise do you like?
MissJenaKay
REGULAR

Post by MissJenaKay »

Athene wrote:This is exciting :) Lots of fun things on the horizon!

I see a workout spot at 6AM, Mon, Wed, and Fri.... is that crazy? It's actually preferred workout time, and if you're in bed by 10PM you'll still get your (very important) 8 hours of sleep.

What kind of exercise do you like?
Is it crazy? No, not particularly, but considering I usually am actually up till midnight doing homework on Tuesdays and Thursdays since I didn't get time all day, it would only be 6 hours, which I can handle, but I generally don't wake up to 6am alarm (I set one on the off chance that I might get up) hahaa. As for exercise I like... Uhm, define like. Lol. I enjoy dance classes, but that's because it doesn't feel like working out. I can tolerate most other things, though I don't actually enjoy them. Haha. Except running. Running makes ankles and chest hurt like crazy. Plus, I can't run for very long anyway so.. yeah.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

MissJenaKay wrote:Flying out the 15th
June 16th - 20th London, England
June 21st - 24th Edinburgh, Scotland
June 25th - 27th Glasgow, Scotland
June 28th - 30th Belfast, North Ireland
July 1st - 5th Dublin, Ireland
July 6th - 11th , France
July 12th - 13th Tramore, Ireland
July 14th - 18th Leslie, Scotland
July 19th - 21st East Preston, England
Flying home on the 21st.
Sounds nice!!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Yes, you could go with a Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, training system.

You could perhaps do this sort of thing.

Sunday. Zumba

Monday. Weights

Tuesday. Zumba

Thursday. Zumba

Friday. Weights

That would be workable for you, keeps the off days split and doesn't allow you to train too much.

If you keep all the classes and weights sessions in the evening, it gives you more structure, because you have a fairly fixed start time for them all, rather than doing some in the evening and some in the afternoon or morning, making your schedule a bit random.

This will also help with meal planning.

Keep the weights workouts simple, so something like this will do.

Leg Extensions, 2 sets 10 reps, (Quads)

Hamstring Curls, 2 sets 10 reps, (Hamstrings)

Good Mornings, 2 sets 10 reps, (Lower Back)

Bench Press, 2 sets 10 reps, (Chest)

Cable Rows, 2 sets 10 reps, (Back)

Shrugs, 2 sets 10 reps, (Shoulders)

Planks, supporting yourself on the hands and legs, not hands and feet, 30 seconds, (Abs)

The reason I didn't give you freeweight based exercises for the lower body, was out of concern for your current range of motion, though as you're not required to use any lower body range of motion, from a standing position with good mornings, just anterior tilt from the waist, you should be fine with those.

I'd go on the Machine exercises with 2 plates, Dumbells, smallest possible and Barbells, double what you use on Dumbells.

After a couple of weeks of sticking to this, you could go up a little bit on all exercises and trying the planks for another 15 seconds.

Does all this sound fesible?
MissJenaKay
REGULAR

Post by MissJenaKay »

Boss Man wrote:Yes, you could go with a Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, training system.

You could perhaps do this sort of thing.

Sunday. Zumba

Monday. Weights

Tuesday. Zumba

Thursday. Zumba

Friday. Weights

That would be workable for you, keeps the off days split and doesn't allow you to train too much.

If you keep all the classes and weights sessions in the evening, it gives you more structure, because you have a fairly fixed start time for them all, rather than doing some in the evening and some in the afternoon or morning, making your schedule a bit random.

This will also help with meal planning.

Keep the weights workouts simple, so something like this will do.

Leg Extensions, 2 sets 10 reps, (Quads)

Hamstring Curls, 2 sets 10 reps, (Hamstrings)

Good Mornings, 2 sets 10 reps, (Lower Back)

Bench Press, 2 sets 10 reps, (Chest)

Cable Rows, 2 sets 10 reps, (Back)

Shrugs, 2 sets 10 reps, (Shoulders)

Planks, supporting yourself on the hands and legs, not hands and feet, 30 seconds, (Abs)

The reason I didn't give you freeweight based exercises for the lower body, was out of concern for your current range of motion, though as you're not required to use any lower body range of motion, from a standing position with good mornings, just anterior tilt from the waist, you should be fine with those.

I'd go on the Machine exercises with 2 plates, Dumbells, smallest possible and Barbells, double what you use on Dumbells.

After a couple of weeks of sticking to this, you could go up a little bit on all exercises and trying the planks for another 15 seconds.

Does all this sound fesible?
Yeah, that sounds feasible. I'll give it best shot. Also what do you mean you're concerned for range of motion??
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

If it's possible, I would get someone at the gym to show you how to use all of the equipment before you pursue this - when I worked at a rec centre and didn't have any experience with machines, barbells, or dumb bells, I used to just go from machine to machine, looking at the diagram of how to use it, adjusting the weight to what I thought would be good - and I ended up really hurting myself on the seated calf press (I think that's what it's called?). I didn't feel anything strange happen or any pain, but then by that night I couldn't touch heels to the floor, then I couldn't walk by the next day. I had to miss 3 days of school and work, and pay for a tonne of physiotherapy to get back to normal, and it's all because I didn't adjust the f*cking seat properly for height! If you're familiar with all of that equipment, please ignore :P

Classic bodyweight exercises are really good for getting you in shape and minimizing the risk of injury by adding load: sit ups, push ups, pull ups, squats, are all good to work into your routine, especially because they're functional (ie. they are movements relevant to your everyday life)
MissJenaKay
REGULAR

Post by MissJenaKay »

Athene wrote:If it's possible, I would get someone at the gym to show you how to use all of the equipment before you pursue this - when I worked at a rec centre and didn't have any experience with machines, barbells, or dumb bells, I used to just go from machine to machine, looking at the diagram of how to use it, adjusting the weight to what I thought would be good - and I ended up really hurting myself on the seated calf press (I think that's what it's called?). I didn't feel anything strange happen or any pain, but then by that night I couldn't touch heels to the floor, then I couldn't walk by the next day. I had to miss 3 days of school and work, and pay for a tonne of physiotherapy to get back to normal, and it's all because I didn't adjust the f*cking seat properly for height! If you're familiar with all of that equipment, please ignore :P

Classic bodyweight exercises are really good for getting you in shape and minimizing the risk of injury by adding load: sit ups, push ups, pull ups, squats, are all good to work into your routine, especially because they're functional (ie. they are movements relevant to your everyday life)
In highschool, we were taught how to use machines like these and how to adjust them for your own body to avoid injury, so it's not a problem with machines. c:

As for the bodyweight exercisesI can't do push-ups or pull ups at all so... hahah. I don't really enjoy doing sit ups because I can only feel them working upper abs, and that just makes it really sore for me. As for squats, they tend to be a HUGE part of Zumba classes so I get lots of those. c: We'll see how things go though. Thanks for the recommendations. c:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I just said I was concerned about your range of motion, because I do not know how your body shape might affect lower body movement, because bending over might be okay, but things like Squat and lunge movements were things that made me hesitent to include them.

You have eluded to the ability to perform Squats with seemingly no issues, so you could do those instead of the Leg extensions if you want :)

I just didn't want to suggest anything, that I had concerns about you being able to perform properly, that's all.
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

MissJenaKay wrote: In highschool, we were taught how to use machines like these and how to adjust them for your own body to avoid injury, so it's not a problem with machines. c:
Sweet!
MissJenaKay
REGULAR

Post by MissJenaKay »

Dear lord, I've been even busier than normal this week some how... :/ I have had absolutely NO free time to exercise, and I'm rushing and panicking to get homework done.... Ugh. All this stress makes me eat less, and all this combined is surely not good for goals. I've got close to a 24 hour day tomorrow as I get up at 4 for work (it's 10:15 right now...), have work, then class, then work, then homework (maybe zumba too) and tthen I'm going to see the avengers at midnight, and so I won't likely be getting home until around 3... then I have class at 9:40 on friday morning.... I'm going to be dead on friday... And I can't skip class or anything like that because I have to take oral proficiency exam tomorrow. So much stress... It doesn't help that boss cut hours next week, so I'm stressing out about how pathetic paycheck will be, especially because they cut whole shift Tuesday. Gahhhh, I hate having money worries, planning worries, work worries, school worries, and social worries all rolled into one ball of crazy...

@Boss, I have a surprisingly splendid range of motion, I'm more flexible than most people I know even though I am so heavy. I think I'll do squats instead of extensions... if I ever have time in life to go to the gym.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Fair enough, if you think Squats are a viable option regardless of your current shape, then fine and hopefully you will find time to fit such things into your life right now :).

GOOD LUCK.