Trying to eat unprocessed in a processed world

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Alinshop
REGULAR

Re: Trying to eat unprocessed in a processed world

Post by Alinshop »

fitoverforty wrote:Workout completed!
Ran/walked 2.5 miles, then rode road bike just under 11 miles. Felt good, strong.
Loved doing the 2 sports together. But I have to say, heart is on the bike. It just feels like home when I clip in the pedals and take off down the road. I actually love the sound of the clips when they snap in. Magic. :mrgreen:

Made grilled veggies tonight (squash, zucchini, portabella mushrooms, yellow and red bell peppers) and grilled a salmon fillet (first time ever to try this).
Loved it. I bought Wild Alaskan caught Sockeye Salmon. Sprinkled a little sea salt and olive oil on it and grilled it - awesomeness!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Grilled veggies and fresh Salmon sound delecious!
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Great job Lynne. :)
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

You're doing great Lynne!!! And grilled salmon and veggies (especially asparagus) are one of favorites :) I try to grill the salmon so it doesn't stink up house :mrgreen:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

feelin-great wrote:try to grill the salmon so it doesn't stink up house :mrgreen:
Do you succeed?
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

keep us updated on that 5k Lynne! if you don't mind. :wink: :)
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

the 5k is this coming weekend! Can't wait! Will definitely give an post race update. :mrgreen:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

good luck if you have your 5k tomorrow. :sunshine:
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Yes I did run the 5k yesterday! Ran/walked and finished in 42:30 which is a little over a 13:00 min mile. Not too bad! I actually finished 6th out of 21 women in age group!
legs are so sore today I can barely walk!! :funny:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

That's great Lynne congrats! :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

WELL DONE Lynne. What with everything you have been going through, you deserve to be proud of yourself and I am proud of you too.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

That's awesome Lynne!! It's proof that life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react :clap:
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Thanks guys! It was an awesome experience. Very empowering. Just being out there putting one foot in front of the other, and feeling the energy of fellow runners/walkers was so moving. This race was to raise awareness for children with Autism and other developmental delays. There were some children there participating in wheelchairs and other specially built tri-cycles. It was so moving to see these kids (being pushed by their parent or older brother or sister) participating and having the time of their lives! Puts things in perspective.

This weekend, if all goes well, I will be riding in an bike race! I plan to do a 26 mile route and am BEYOND excited to do this. This race raises money for a local learning center for at-risk youth.

Fighting back with all I have. Don't know how else to live. Can't give up, can't give in. Living EACH day to it's fullest. :D
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

fitoverforty wrote:Puts things in perspective.
That really does.. :)
fitoverforty wrote:This weekend, if all goes well, I will be riding in an bike race! I plan to do a 26 mile route and am BEYOND excited to do this. This race raises money for a local learning center for at-risk youth.
Awesome Lynne
fitoverforty wrote:ighting back with all I have. Don't know how else to live. Can't give up, can't give in. Living EACH day to it's fullest. :D
!

Love you Lynne. fight and live life to it's fullest. :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

GOOD LUCK Lynne. You're an amazing Lady and I hope things work out for you.

What's the significance of that rise above avatar you're using, that looks like a purple dog or some sort of squiggle?
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

I created the avatar using a term I feel is an important reminder for life right now. It's based on a scripture "With God I can scale any wall." Just something personally meaningful to me. :)
I used a hand-drawn tool to make the "it" to make it more personal and give it a human touch.
I think the "it" looks a bit like a runner with arms wide open about to grab the prize (the dot of the i)
I didn't draw it with any intent to look that way, and I leave it to the viewer to find their own picture in it. :mrgreen: