Trying to eat unprocessed in a processed world

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Re: Trying to eat unprocessed in a processed world

Post by musculArgirl2 »

How are you doing Lynne? You haven't updated us lately.. Hope all is well. :sunshine:
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Hi Becky thanks for checking on me :D I am doing good.
Today was a very special day for me. I ran a 5k race!!!! :D
First race I've ran in over a year. This was a big milestone for me with all I've been thru in the last 8 months and it meant SO much to me to cross that finish line. I ran/walked it in 42 minutes and felt so energized it was like whole body was in sync and for the first time in nearly a year I didn't feel "sick" and it felt like a very important step in recovery.
I have been so amped up all day, hahaha - legs are so sore but I love it - it's a good sore. :clap:
Still have a long way to go in recovering from surgery and illness but today - for 42 minutes life was GOOD!!! :bugeyes:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

fitoverforty wrote:oday was a very special day for me. I ran a 5k race!!!! :D
That is so awesome Lynne! :clap: :clap: :sunshine:
fitoverforty wrote:till have a long way to go in recovering from surgery and illness but today - for 42 minutes life was GOOD!!!

VERY HAPPY for you!! You deserve it!!! i bet it felt great! :D :D :clap:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

WELL DONE Lynne, I'm really proud of you. You're an amazing Lady and you deserve these moments of happiness, because you are worth them.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Hey Lynne i see you every once in a while looking at posts. How are you doing? anymore 5k's?? That is if you don't mind saying. :sunshine: :sunshine: :wave:
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Hey Becky. Yes I slink around quite often reading the posts... :funny: staying on the down low, lol

No, I haven't ran anymore races, but am still run/walking. Did 3 miles today.

Just trying to hang in there and do what I can each day. One day at a time. Sometimes it's one minute at a time. :)
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

fitoverforty wrote:ey Becky. Yes I slink around quite often reading the posts... :funny: staying on the down low, lol

No, I haven't ran anymore races, but am still run/walking. Did 3 miles today.

Just trying to hang in there and do what I can each day. One day at a time. Sometimes it's one minute at a time. :)
I hope all is well and you are doing well Lynne... 3 miles is great! actually it's awesome. :) :sunshine: :sunshine:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

fitoverforty wrote:Hey Becky. Yes I slink
It's a good job the L is quite a way away from the T on a keyboard, or that could have been an embarrassing admission :tongue: :tongue: .
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Haha Bossman yes it would have!

Aired up the tires on road bike yesterday. It had been about a year since I've ridden. Tires held air thank goodness and I took her out for a spin. Felt so good to clip in and ride. I felt strong and empowered! Rode 12 miles. Had to stop for water breaks and let heart rate go down a little a few times but overall it was a fantastic ride. :D
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

fitoverforty wrote: Aired up the tires on road bike yesterday. It had been about a year since I've ridden. Tires held air thank goodness and I took her out for a spin. Felt so good to clip in and ride. I felt strong and empowered! Rode 12 miles. Had to stop for water breaks and let heart rate go down a little a few times but overall it was a fantastic ride
awesome! keep it going missy! :wink:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Good job Lynne; I'm proud of you for not letting recent events hold you back :).
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Guess it's been awhile since I've posted.... :shock:

Been run/walking a few days a week and riding bike.

Did a 20 mile bike ride today! :sunshine: Felt really great and empowering.

Had a setback healthwise, and having to have more treatments, but pressing on as best I can.

Weight fluctuates between 145 - 150, so I'm happy to stay in that range.

motto for life these days is: BE DEFIANT!! No matter what your circumstance, no matter what crap life throws at you - don't let it control your outcome. Even if your circumstances, whether it be your health, or your weight are not in your control - be defiant in how your face it. When it pushes you down, you better push back up, stand up and keep moving forward. When you feel tired, run down, discouraged, realize that as long as you are taking a breath, waking up each day, then you got another shot at making a difference. DO IT! Don't wait for a better time, there is NO better time than right now.
Life can change in an instant, there are no guarantees, so embrace your light, your energy, your power and be happy enjoying the privilege of being able to do whatever you can personally each day to live your life to the fullest.

Peace y'all. :mrgreen:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

fitoverforty wrote:Did a 20 mile bike ride today! :sunshine: Felt really great and empowering.
Awesome!
fitoverforty wrote:Had a setback health wise, and having to have more treatments, but pressing on as best I can.
Truly sorry to hear that Lynne. :( I'm thinking of you and i very much wish you the best. :sunshine: :sunshine:
fitoverforty wrote: motto for life these days is: BE DEFIANT!! No matter what your circumstance, no matter what crap life throws at you - don't let it control your outcome. Even if your circumstances, whether it be your health, or your weight are not in your control - be defiant in how your face it. When it pushes you down, you better push back up, stand up and keep moving forward. When you feel tired, run down, discouraged, realize that as long as you are taking a breath, waking up each day, then you got another shot at making a difference. DO IT! Don't wait for a better time, there is NO better time than right now.
Life can change in an instant, there are no guarantees, so embrace your light, your energy, your power and be happy enjoying the privilege of being able to do whatever you can personally each day to live your life to the fullest.
Love that!!!
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

thank you Becky. :sunshine:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Keep going Lynne and GOOD LUCK, you're an amazing, amazing Lady and I'm so proud of you for just being you.

Keep shining your light and never forget you ARE worth it :)