Diet Advice

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Phazz
STARTING OUT

Diet Advice

Post by Phazz »

This is first time posting on this website and would like some advice on current diet.

current diet is generally:
Breakfast (6:30am) - 4 x Scrambled eggs with mushroom (or fried eggs without mushroom) + bacon, 1000mg fish oil, multi vitamin, spirulina, fibre, probiotic and a glass of water.
Lunch (12:30pm) - Chicken or smoked salmon or tuna salad usually in olive oil with either mixed leaf or spinach, onion, olives, sun dried tomato, beetroot, eggplant, green beans, cucumber. Occasionally I have a quarter of bbq chicken (breast) and greek salad or veggies cooked in oil.
Afternoon (4pm) - 1 medium can of tuna in olive oil
Dinner (6:30pm) - Steak/Breast Chicken/Tuna with either salad in olive oil or steamed veggies (zucchini, green beans, cabbage, sweet potato, broccoli, cauliflower)

I generally drink 2 to 3 litres of water a day. Sometimes I have a banana mid morning. While I know that I can improve diet (particularly breakfast), i'm trying to gain muscle and lose fat. I'm 193cm (6ft 4) and 107kg (235lbs). I've lost about 50kgs (110lbs) over 5 years. I have some muscle already and am doing a weights progra at the gym, 3 days of weights, 1 day cardio. Any ideas on what I need to change/add.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Diet Advice

Post by Boss Man »

Phazz wrote:
Breakfast (6:30am) - 4 x Scrambled eggs with mushroom (or fried eggs without mushroom) + bacon, 1000mg fish oil, multi vitamin, spirulina, fibre, probiotic and a glass of water.

(Scrambled Egg is definitely better than Fried, but Scrambled Egg and Mushroom is fine, but grilling the Mushroom will be a little better as opposed to frying.)

Lunch (12:30pm) - Chicken or smoked salmon or tuna salad usually in olive oil with either mixed leaf or spinach, onion, olives, sun dried tomato, beetroot, eggplant, green beans, cucumber. Occasionally I have a quarter of bbq chicken (breast) and greek salad or veggies cooked in oil.

(Fine, but be careful of the metals in Fish, in particular Tuna. Tuna is now reccomended at 3 times a week and if you're eating it 3 times a week, you'd be sensible not to eat any other kinds of Fish during the week, so you consume a sensible weekly amount of Metal.

Otherwise stick to fairly frequent intakes of Salmon or lower mercury Fish, but again you only need about 100g a day, so no need to go nutso with Fish.)

Afternoon (4pm) - 1 medium can of tuna in olive oil

(Same Adivce here)

Dinner (6:30pm) - Steak/Breast Chicken/Tuna with either salad in olive oil or steamed veggies (zucchini, green beans, cabbage, sweet potato, broccoli, cauliflower)

(Fine)

I generally drink 2 to 3 litres of water a day. Sometimes I have a banana mid morning.

(Definitely leave the Banan in every day)
fitncer
STARTING OUT

Re: Diet Advice

Post by fitncer »

If you don't put anything in your mouth after 6:30 I think over time you should feel a great difference. You know those who lose slower, gain slower too.

Losing is generally easy, it's not gaining is the hard part.