Project Athene - 15 Weeks of Work

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Re: Project Athene - 15 Weeks of Work

Post by musculArgirl2 »

i mean you can trace to where the picture was taking with a digital camera.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Not really no. Unless someone knew where the place was, having been there, or there was a description of where it was, then you can't do searches for random pictures and find the source of where it was taken.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

isn't their some kind of geo tracking or digital thing that can be traced back to where the shot was taken from your photos. I don't know much about it. I will ask brother he will know. :D
MissJenaKay
REGULAR

Post by MissJenaKay »

In a regular old digital camera, or even in a really nice fancy DSLR, there's not really any geo-tracking unless you take the photos with a mobile phone and you have to personally say yes to geo-tracking on your mobile, so there is very little chance for someone to track back to where the photo was taken unless you opt in to certain features on certai devices. The average information stored in a digital photo is the photo itself, the date and time it was taken, the shutter speed it was taken at, possibly the isometry and the model and brand of the camera used. You're safe taking your pictures wherever you want to. c:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

thanks that clears that up. i wonder if i have said yes to geotracking ever though on iphone. i get something that comes up every once in while that says allow or dont allow. i usually say don't allow but who knows ff i've said yes sometimes. :? not sure if that is geotracking or not. But thanks jena for the info. :)
MissJenaKay
REGULAR

Post by MissJenaKay »

If it's continuing to ask you to allow or not, then you've hit don't allow, it'll stop asking if you allow a program to do something. And you're welcome for the info. c:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

well i mostly have hit don't allow. i'm getting a new iphone pretty soon anyways the new one that came out just this week i believe! now i will know for this one. :) thanks again!
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

karrie where are you?? Your vacation maybe got extended. :wink:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

The new I-phone to understnading has messed up GPS software, since they ditched google maps and used their own.

They gave directions to Manchester United football club, that took people to a smaller club nearby.

They also missed off a few places and misspelt a few. Very poor.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

i didn't want to get the new iphone but brother insisted on it. he's kind of in charge of cell phone sense he chips is for me and mom genrously for ours. :P so i had to pay for a new iphone. i will remember that about the gps system.

i'm hoping i get it before triathlon becaue then mom can video tape the whole thing! but it's not going to become a you tube video anytime soon just for me to watch!! our iphones don't work for recording video right now.

hope to see you soon around Karrie! :D
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

I was using this thread as an excuse to procrastinate on the forums too much.... hence absence! I'm logging on paper, the good old fashioned way, and everything's going well! Thanks Becky!
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

i can understand that. Hope your thesis is going well or finished. just don't be a stranger. :D
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

I won't! I'm still checking in on you once in a while ;)

....there's me being creepy again!! lol
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

LOL :lol: I'm totally getting creeped out now. :wink:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Athene just wondering how you are doing. :) Miss you around here! are you still plugging away. It's been a while. Take care.