Project Athene - 15 Weeks of Work

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Athene
REGULAR

Project Athene - 15 Weeks of Work

Post by Athene »

Project Athene is attempt at a lifestyle change for the remaining 15 weeks of 2012. I want to give myself a chance to develop a routine that is balanced between nutrition, training, school, and work, and is thereby sustainable longterm. Diet is where I drop the ball and derail from other goals, so this is going to track routine by focusing on fuel, and how it effects other aspects of life (energy level, time spent working vs. training, sleeping, etc.)

The sustained effort in this Diet Journal reflects the sustained effort other pursuits, I'm working on a thesis project, doing full time wage work, and always working to improve fitness. I can't choose between them, they're all priorities.

Dates: Monday, September 18 - Monday, December 31
Nutrition Goal: No cheating on Nutrition Plan for 15 weeks*
Training Goal: Train as much possible, but don't make it the top priority.

*Nutrition Plan:
Paleo + Dairy and Whey Protein Powder.

That means no grains, legumes, or processed food allowed (other than the Whey Powder). No sugar, is the really important thing, and Whey is not a cheat for me, even though it is processed. I'm setting these boundaries based on own research, information, and training, because I know they work well for me. I will monitor weight, body composition, and energy levels, but this is not a weight loss journey exactly, it's more like a lifestyle change which will likely lead to a different body composition... if that's not too annoying to say ; )

Week #1 starts tomorrow, and I need to go to work, do some schoolwork, and do some cooking.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Re: Project Athene - 15 Weeks of Work

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Good Luck Karrie! i'm sure you can manage all your goals! and do it well too. :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

If there is a type of person you can bank on to get what is aimed for done, then it is someone like you.

I've never doubted you and I don't think I ever will.

I know you want this a lot and whatever happens along the way, I will be around in whatever capacities I can be to see how it all goes.

GOOD LUCK and most of all, keep remembering that you ARE worth it :).
Athene
REGULAR

Week#1, Day 1: September 17, 2012

Post by Athene »

Breakfast - 4 scrambled eggs, 2 tbsp shredded cheddar, 2 cups coffee with whole milk
Lunch - 2 pieces beef jerky, 10 almonds, water, doubleshot espresso
Dinner - 3 oz chicken breast, 3 cups green salad, 2 tbsp EVOO with Balsamic Vinegar, water
Snack - 1 apple, 4 tbsp almond butter, 1 cup black tea with milk

No Cheats? - Yes
Thesis worked? - Yes
Job search? - Yes
Fitness Training? - No
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

There seems to be a lot of caffeinated drinks entering into the fray, is that intentional or a temporary thing?

I presume this is sort of a work in progress, as it looks a bit low calorie in some respects :).
Athene
REGULAR

Wee#1, Day 2: Sept 18, 12

Post by Athene »

Thanks for your encouragement,Becky and Bossman! You're both really supportive.
Boss Man wrote:There seems to be a lot of caffeinated drinks entering into the fray, is that intentional or a temporary thing?

I presume this is sort of a work in progress, as it looks a bit low calorie in some respects :).
That's a little more coffee than I usually have, you're right. Usually I have 1-2 cups in the morning, but yesterday I just happened to have 3. I'm sick so I'm taking decongestants that make me really drowsy, and I didn't want to nap in the afternoon and wreck sleeping schedule.

Regarding the food, I'm pretty happy with it. I didn't train, so energy needs were lower, and I didn't cheat on plan. I am sick though, which explains why I'm not as hungry, I think.

Breakfast - 4 scrambled eggs, 2 tbsp shredded cheddar, 2 cups coffee with whole milk
Lunch - 1.5 cups extra lean ground beef with onion/peas/carrots, 1 apple with 4 tbsp almond butter, water
Dinner - 4 oz chicken breast, 4 cups green salad, 4 tbsp EVOO with Balsamic Vinegar, water
Snack - 1 cup whole milk with cocoa powder

No Cheats? - Yes
Thesis worked? - No
Job search? - Yes
Fitness Training? - No
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Fair enough :).

I can totally respect your answers, because it wasn't one of those err yeah the caffeine err, yeah, yah got me, kind of responses :wink:

So I hope you get better soon and try not ot let littie things spoil your mindset. Keep believing and keep looking forwards positively. You've got a lot of things going on right now, but I know you can do it, because you are someone I am confident I can always believe in.
Athene
REGULAR

Week #1, Day 3: Sept 19, 12

Post by Athene »

Boss Man wrote:You've got a lot of things going on right now, but I know you can do it, because you are someone I am confident I can always believe in.
You are so kind! Having lovely comments from you is like a daily affirmation. I hope I don't grow to require the validation, as opposed to just really appreciate it ;)

Lunch - 5-6 oz chicken breast, 4 cups green salad, 4 tbsp EVOO with Balsamic Vinegar, water
Dinner - 1.5 cups extra lean ground beef with onion/peas/carrots, 4 tbsp almond butter, water
Snack - 2 cups earl grey with whole milk

No Cheats? - Yes
Thesis worked? - No
Job search? - Yes
Fitness Training? - No
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

That's what I call the praise addiction, when people become dependant on good comments they weren't getting before, to help their self esteem and belief,

You won't be that person, because you don't need the emotional nourishment that much, but I have been a keen believer of yours because I know you have what it takes to succeed.

You're a tough nut emotionally and it's that emotional and mental strength that will make the physical strength come with time and I hope that soon enough you will become as strong as you want to be, because you're capable of that and I want to be someone that can support peoples goals and yours included.

If it ever feels a bit much, don't hesitate to talk to me about things and I'll see what I can do
to help.

You've been a superb part of this community and this community can repay those that add something :).

By the way, what does that headless grecian style statue represent?
Athene
REGULAR

Week#1, Day 4: Sept 20, 12

Post by Athene »

Thanks again Boss.
Boss Man wrote:By the way, what does that headless grecian style statue represent?
It's Nike, the goddess of victory associated with Athena/Athene. The statue is in the Louvre, I think.

Breakfast - 5 oz chicken breast, 2 cups coffee with whole milk
Lunch - 5 oz chicken breast, water
Dinner - 5 oz chicken breast, 4 cups green salad, 4 cherry tomatoes, 2 tbsp EVOO and Balsamic Vinegar,
Snack - 4 tbsp almond butter, 1 cup earl grey tea with whole milk

No Cheats? - Yes
Thesis worked? - No
Job search? - No
Fitness Training? - No

Today was a bit unbalanced, but I had a lot of other things to do in preparation for a weekend trip I'm going away for tomorrow. I'm going to stick to plan, even from the hotel and on the go. No cheat this weekend, that's a mini-goal.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Ahh right, that explains the statue :).
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

have fun on the weekend and good luck on the cheats karrie. did you take the pic yourself or did you get it from a website or something?

Now that we are on the subject where do people get their pics from? Like boss where did you get your photos that you use for your profile pic?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Sourced on google images. I found a site with a load of them and sleected a few appropriate ones with good art. They were all pictures of old bands or albums from by gone days.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

boss puting digital pics up on here. Do we have to worry about people tracing your digital pics back to yourself. not that it really matters but i'd rather they couldn't do that. but i have no idea how to make sure they can't. Do you know anything about that boss?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

What do you mean tracing difgital pictures, you mean people finding your content and using it, or people finding who uses theirs?