New Journal for Me, Hello Everyone!

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

AuraSpeciosa
STARTING OUT

Re: New Journal for Me, Hello Everyone!

Post by AuraSpeciosa »

This morning I did a 20-minute workout with yoga and walking a bit. I did the boat pose, which I can feel pretty strongly in abs, and I've noticed that I can hold the pose much longer and with more ease, can crunch in tighter than I used to, so that is nice. I will do some squats and push-ups today too.

This morning's weigh-in was 157.6; so that's 3.2 pounds lost in about 2 weeks. And 1.5 inches from the waist. Not too shabby! I was also able to get on a size 10 Victoria Secret pair of pants yesterday and I have not been able to get them even over thighs before. Granted, the pants were super tight and not actually wearable yet, but I WAS able to get them on. There is also a striped shirt that I bought about six months ago that I could not wear before because it was clingy and showed too much flab/rolls before, but now I can wear it and it looks nice, so that was also pretty cool.

I am so proud as well that I stayed on plan for 2 whole weeks. I know that doesn't seem like much, but honestly, prior to starting this, I had gotten to the point where I couldn't stick to anything for more than 1 day. This has really made me see that it is possible for me to make a plan and stick to it. I look forward to being on this plan for two more weeks and then months and then just having it be part of natural habit and reap the benefits of it. Already I have noticed a significant improvment in body, mood, and energy levels. I can't wait to continue!
AuraSpeciosa
STARTING OUT

Post by AuraSpeciosa »

Wow, it's been a while since I posted! Sunday and Monday of this week I did not stick with plan! I did not get in 30 minutes of exercise on both days and on Sunday didn't do evening meditation! Sunday I went to Disneyland and just went off track and didn't get in a workout and failed to meditate and Monday I had a long day at work and just went off track. But, I am back on track today and feeling good. Weight this morning was 160.8, which is higher than I would like, BUT pair of grey size 10 slacks fit today--and I haven't been able to wear them for months now, so that was a good feeling.

I walked for about 6 miles today and did some yoga and push-ups. I am happy to be back with program and hopefully I can shed some more fat this week before the weekend comes.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

If you went to Disneyland… I think it’s a workout just for walking around the park! :)
AuraSpeciosa
STARTING OUT

Post by AuraSpeciosa »

Well, I have been absent for a bit and must confess I have not been sticking to program daily! I noticed that when I stopped doing the Turkish get ups, that's when I became unfaithful. So, I'm back doing the TGUs, I am at 8 now with 6# weights. I need to do them daily, it makes such a difference!

Luckily, although I weigh 163, aforementioned size 10 grey slacks still fit and tummy still visually looks fairly flat, But I am sure I have regained some of the fat I lost .

I stayed on track yesterday and I look forward to another on track day today!
AuraSpeciosa
STARTING OUT

Post by AuraSpeciosa »

Nokie, I wore a pedometer when we visited Disneyland, and we only walked 2 miles. Better than nothing of course, But I like to walk at least 4 miles a day.
AuraSpeciosa
STARTING OUT

Post by AuraSpeciosa »

Also, had some good non-scale victories this past week since I've posted. boyfriend noticed that back looked stronger and that legs were more toned; he complimented me on improved physique.

I also had a man approach me while I was out shopping to compliment looks and ask me if I was single. That felt nice.

I also had another man sit and stare as if he had not seen a female in many years when I went out to lunch the other day in the nice, new dress that I wore to the art show a couple weeks ago. The staring actually got out of hand, and boyfriend and I left the restaurant, as he had plunked himself down right beside us and just drilled his eyes into me for, literally, five minues. So, while that was inappropriate for sure, it was nice that I had evoked that strong of a response from somebody, ha!

So far today, I've walked two miles, did TGUs, and did some stretching. It's a gorgeous day out today and it felt like a dream to walk in the warm sunshine. I'm sure I will do more exercise today. It was a nice spooky foggy night last night and neighbor and I went for a long walk and absorbed the bewitching atmosphere. It might be the same tonight; if it is, I will definitely be out for another evening walk.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I wouldn't have left. I'd have either continued to ignore the person staring, or politely ask them to stop, then if they didn't report them to a staff member.

I'm sorry you had to put up with a butthead like that.
AuraSpeciosa
STARTING OUT

Post by AuraSpeciosa »

The man was older, probably in his 70s. If he had been younger, myself or man would have said something. But for some reason, I feel like people who are that age have more license, in mind. If he had touched me, that would be a horse of a different color. I did not want to get into it with the old dude.
AuraSpeciosa
STARTING OUT

Post by AuraSpeciosa »

163 again today. Feeling strong. And last night I figured out how to make a photo fit. Before they were to big to upload. I did morning meditation with the dawn. Did Turkish Get Ups. Good Sunday so far. :)
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Nice pic Aura! :)
AuraSpeciosa
STARTING OUT

Post by AuraSpeciosa »

Thank you! friend took it at the art show we went to!

Stuck to the program today. Ready for a great, productive, invigorating workweek!
AuraSpeciosa
STARTING OUT

Post by AuraSpeciosa »

Woke up early, ready for the day. Still holding steady at 163. Did a little morning workout, evacuated bowels (love that in the morning!) And I'm feeling pretty good!
AuraSpeciosa
STARTING OUT

Post by AuraSpeciosa »

160.4 today! Doing good with getting back into strength training, up to 14 now: )
AuraSpeciosa
STARTING OUT

Post by AuraSpeciosa »

158.3 today, and I've stayed on track for a week! Back in the game, feeling great!
AuraSpeciosa
STARTING OUT

Post by AuraSpeciosa »

158.2 today. And I was able to wear a sweater yesterday that is very form fitting that I could not wear before due to unsightly bulges/rolls. Got several compliments on outfit, which was nice.

In other news, I also was able to secure a work schedule change with boss at current assignment, as she was not sure if she could provide me with 40 hours a week of work and therefore might have to end the assignment. I ran the numbers and figured out that I can be financially OK working 32 hours a week, so I proposed having Mondays off and she said yes!

It will be wonderful to have a three day weekend every weekend, and one of the best parts is that I will be able to spend more time with man, as he has Sundays and Mondays off. I feel so happy and lucky. :D