Finding way back to fit!

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Re: Finding way back to fit!

Post by fat-to-fit »

Hope you get is figured out as to what it is jocelyn... I have no idea what causes passing out except low blood pressure for me sometimes i feel dizzy and like i could pass out but it passes and i don't pass out. Would those oils have anything to do with it you mentioned to me? I know you said you started them recently not sure if you are ingesting them. It just came to mind because i know you said you started them recently..It's probably not it though. hopefully nothing serious! I'm sure it is scary to drive especially... Keep us updated jocelyn... Best wishes and prayers are with you.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

If we knew each other better i honestly would volunteer to go out there and help you. I can work from anywhere in the USA.. But we haven't even met. Do keep us informed. :sunshine: :sunshine:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

another thought too is Jocelyn maybe you could get involved in a local church of your denomination. There might be someone willing to help you while all your coworkers are out of town for an emergency, etc.... :D
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Passing out sounds freaky. It could be low blood pressure or low blood sugar but there could be many other things that I'm not aware of, but I hope that everything sorts itself out as soon as possible and I'm sending you a BIG HUG and letting you know I am here if you ever need to talk.

Chin up, stay strong, head high and let your head and heart be your greatest sources of strength hand power at this time and please do let us know how things pan out, because the more you touch base with us, the more we can say and do for you, if only to be a source of strength and comfort :).
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

hope the passing out is becoming less now Jocelyn or you have figured out what the cause is.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Jocelyn where are you? Let us know how you are doing missy. :wave: hope everything is okay. :)

Anyways pop in and tell us how you are doing. :)
Last edited by fat-to-fit on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Hey everyone - it's been a while, I know! Lots of changes in life lately. I've had some pretty serious medical issues, but am trying to work through them. I am also back in the Midwest, I moved before thanksgiving. I'm not sure it was the right decision, and I am definitely wishing I was back in California.

I am currently 10 pounds heavier than last heaviest weight. Life has been a roller coaster as of late. depression has kicked into high gear since I moved back, and I am focused on getting that back under control. I gained about 25 pounds in 2015 due to some other health issues, combined with depression. I am determined to get it back off, and get myself to a healthy weight again.

I hope everyone else here is doing well! I will try to catch up.

Becky, I am also taking classes now to try to get out of what I am doing...
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I'm sorry you are having your concerns Jocelyn I really am, but one thing to remember is that however serious the depression is, it does not have to define you so much as you can define it, by that I mean you can either try to limit its impact on you or let it take control and you can try to fight it by having something like professional help, or trying new pursuits, or using self help tapes, or trying to stay attached to things like music, films and TV and people that make you feel positive and also by monitoring your eating and training regularly, as weight issues can be negative triggers and an improved diet can bolster positivity as can training regularly.

You're a wonderful person and just like with many people on here, if you ever need to talk message me.

GOOD LUCK and remember that you ARE worth it.
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

As much as I appreciate the suggestions, and I do know that everyone is trying to be helpful, I have to point out that there is a big difference between sadness and depression. I have been diagnosed with chronic depression, and possibly a mild case of bipolar. These are chemical imbalances in the brain, and when this takes over I am not physically capable of having positive thoughts. It's extremely difficult to explain to people who don't deal with it. Imagine going through your day and every single thought that goes through your head is how you can end your life. I'm not suicidal, I have no intention of doing anything like that (although I made a valiant attempt when I was 16, luckily I was found in time). But it doesn't make the thoughts go away, even though I know I won't.

As much as I wish thinking positively and saying what I am grateful for would help, when you have a severe case of depression, those things actually bring you down even more because you feel so guilty knowing how much you have to be grateful for, but you just can't feel it. Most of life I have been ok, but there are triggers that cause these for me, and it will go on for weeks or months at a time. I am currently on medication to help me and I am in therapy again.

Normally when I disappear from this site it is because one of episodes had started. I don't usually talk about it but I am now realizing that I shouldn't be embarrassed - this is a physical illness and I have no control over it. And ithers with this illness shouldn't be ashamed or embarrassed either. Unfortunately there is a stigma attached to it and it is hard to open up about it.

I fight every day of life to get through this. When I am in good phases, I am a normal, happy (or at least try to be on the outside) person. And that is most of the time. But when it is triggered, getting out of bed is sometimes more than I can manage. But I know I'll get through it.

Again, I know everyone is trying to be helpful, but I just wanted to point out that for a person without a mental illness, those things do work. With someone with a mental illness, it's much more complicated than that.

I can feel I am getting better again, and I hope its a long time before it hits again. So thanks for the support. Even if it doesn't seem like it, I do appreciate everyone on here!
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

fat-to-fit wrote:I was just trying to be helpful Jocelyn. I didn't know.
I know, I wasn't trying to attack you, you guys all have great hearts on here and I know you just want to help, so thank you for that :thumb:

Unfortunately dealing with family, when they say things like that, it's more of an attack. Most of them don't understand, and don't want to understand. They get angry and think I'm just feeling sorry for myself, when in fact it's the complete opposite. I really wish there was a better way to explain it to them. The best way I can explain it is that if you were talking to a cancer patient, you wouldn't tell them to think positive and it will just go away. It's the same with depression - as much as people don't understand, it is a physical illness, you just can't physically see it.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

feelin-great wrote:As much as I appreciate the suggestions, and I do know that everyone is trying to be helpful, I have to point out that there is a big difference between sadness and depression. I have been diagnosed with chronic depression, and possibly a mild case of bipolar. These are chemical imbalances in the brain, and when this takes over I am not physically capable of having positive thoughts. It's extremely difficult to explain to people who don't deal with it. Imagine going through your day and every single thought that goes through your head is how you can end your life. I'm not suicidal, I have no intention of doing anything like that (although I made a valiant attempt when I was 16, luckily I was found in time). But it doesn't make the thoughts go away, even though I know I won't.

As much as I wish thinking positively and saying what I am grateful for would help, when you have a severe case of depression, those things actually bring you down even more because you feel so guilty knowing how much you have to be grateful for, but you just can't feel it. Most of life I have been ok, but there are triggers that cause these for me, and it will go on for weeks or months at a time. I am currently on medication to help me and I am in therapy again.

Normally when I disappear from this site it is because one of episodes had started. I don't usually talk about it but I am now realizing that I shouldn't be embarrassed - this is a physical illness and I have no control over it. And ithers with this illness shouldn't be ashamed or embarrassed either. Unfortunately there is a stigma attached to it and it is hard to open up about it.

I fight every day of life to get through this. When I am in good phases, I am a normal, happy (or at least try to be on the outside) person. And that is most of the time. But when it is triggered, getting out of bed is sometimes more than I can manage. But I know I'll get through it.

Again, I know everyone is trying to be helpful, but I just wanted to point out that for a person without a mental illness, those things do work. With someone with a mental illness, it's much more complicated than that.

I can feel I am getting better again, and I hope its a long time before it hits again. So thanks for the support. Even if it doesn't seem like it, I do appreciate everyone on here!
Hey Joc,

Reading this made me teary. I completely understand your pain regarding this issue. First and foremost, thanks for sharing. I totally agree with you that chronic depression is a serious illness and it should be addressed. Chemical imbalance in the brain can make oneself be on autopilot without feeling anything because there’s a cloud on their head and they can’t see of feel. I’m glad you’re not in denial. With the right medication, support and time, it will heal. It’s like a broken leg; it will take time to heal with the right medication and proper care. If it’s left alone… it might get infected and can cause more problems.

I’ll just say this… When I also disappear on this site, I faced similar problems too. I’ll share if you ever want to listen (more like read). It’s not easy being positive but it’s a working progress to be mindful and keep pushing forward… fake it until you make it!

Wishing you the best and sending you a big hug!!!

Nokie
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I appreciate your honesty Jocelyn and of course I appreciate depression and sadness are different things, hence why I didn't want to come across as trying to look like I believed in some magic bullet modality, and I was not trying to second guess you at all, but trying to see if there was maybe a way you had not looked at things before.

You're a beautiful person and I AM PROUD OF YOU for feeling you could share your serious concerns with us.

We have only ever been here to help and you have done something great by recognising, that no matter what stigma some people attach to circumstances like yours, you should not be embarrassed or ashamed of the person you are inside, because it isn't your fault and you should never have to feel as if there is nowhere to turn, or no one to speak to about these things, if you have ever felt like that before, because your situation doesn't make you less of a person and when you, I assume, have better days and more of who you can be shines through, then there is someone inside of you quite amazing and when I've seen pictures of you smiling, you project that golden Lady onto the world and just like it is for Becky, nobody with a mental health problem, should have to feel ashamed or embarrassed to talk about themselves, because this is not the 16th century and most people don't use a crude monochrome / ignorant way of looking at people, by just assuming you're either normal or abnormal and even those with a defining physical condition like Downs Syndrome, or MS as examples, that display symptoms people can see, have the potential to be amazing. colourful and brilliant in their own way and they should never feel like they have to hide their problems away from people, because they are not to blame for their situation and it isn't wrong to be them.

We have and always will embrace you, because you are a sweetheart and in your own way a beautiful person, who deserves so much in life, just like every person who posts regularly on here does and I THANK YOU for telling us these things and of course anything I say on here about peoples circumstances, is always designed to try and consider them as much as I think I can.

You talk about guilt when you think of how much you have to be grateful for and I think that is a perfectly natural response, and I think it's possible that maybe in your past, you may have felt as if you were judging yourself at times, as if possibly you were asking yourself whether you had the right to any positivity and if you tried to compare yourself to people who appeared to have lesser lives, would that make you feel self pitying for example, if you sometimes compared yourself to people who had personal lives you might have thought more common, rather than being grateful that you were not one of those people with lives less common that yours for certain reasons.

I'm just musing there, not trying to look as if I somehow know your past, almost like you do.

life is not perfect, but I could easily look at people with more and start to judge life more negatively, when in reality I have more than many and I suppose I can include you there, because I have no recurrent medical issues like you do, so I try to view myself in a more balanced light, because having more in life than the homeless and the starving, makes me not better than them in terms of character, but in terms of the things I have in life and therefore wishing to have a little more in eyes is not selfish, because I have never craved tonnes of money and a playboy lifestyle, but I don't compare myself to those that have a bit more hardly at all, because I see that as a waste of time and energy and if fate gives me whatever I think I'm worth or not, I would have to live with that and try to do whatever I thought I could to make the best of it.

So I hope at any time you may forgive me if I ever write something that comes across as clumsy in any way, as you the individual have always been first priority whenever I communicate with you, as so it is with everyone I communicate with about their personal concerns, worries or lives :).

GOOD LUCK in all you do and when you need us just let us all know, because we won't stop being here unless this site stops being here okay :).
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

I’ll just say this… When I also disappear on this site, I faced similar problems too. I’ll share if you ever want to listen (more like read).
Nokie
I would love to "listen" sometime! And if you ever need to just vent you know how to find me :) It can be hard to find people who truly understand. Most of family either just ignores it (denial) or they believe it's me making things up, like just want attention. If they only knew, it was the exact opposite of that!

I want to thank all of you - Becky, Nokie, Boss Man - for being so understanding and supportive. It really does mean a lot to me!

This week mom is here visiting me in Minnesota (I don't live in Wisconsin). She does try her best to understand, but she is over feeding me :lol: I think it's her way of trying to be supportive. I'm doing best not to overdo it, without offending her. She really does mean it in the best way. But after she is gone on Sunday, I am going to make an attempt to get back to daily exercise.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

feelin-great wrote:I want to thank all of you - Becky, Nokie, Boss Man - for being so understanding and supportive. It really does mean a lot to me!
You have ALWAYS meant a lot to us too :).
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

I have been taking Stewie for long, very brisk walks every night after work this week. I figured it has been so long since I have worked out that I am going to start small. So far it has been 2 to 2.5 mile walks (in all honesty it is practically a jog since dog is in charge :lol: ). I am so ready for spring so it stays light later so I can go longer! We have amazing trails where I live - they are paved and nice and wide. And on the plus side, the trail is about 20 feet from door, so its extremely easy access. It will be perfect when I get back to running :thumb:

I really do need to get moving on weight loss. There is a possibility (very good possibility) that I will be taking a trip to South Africa in August, and I really want to be in shape when I go. I can't stand the thought of looking like I do in all of the pictures we will take. It's not the sort of memory I want in pictures! So I really need to focus.

diet has been good this week. A typical day looks something like this:

Breakfast - plain greek yogurt (yuck, but I am getting used to it) with lots of blueberries and raspberries and a 1/4 cup granola
Snack - banana/cheese
Lunch - Chicken/steamed veggies/brown rice
Snack - orange /cheese
Dinner - Chicken/steamed veggies/brown rice

I eat pretty much the same thing every day for a week since I live alone and it is much easier to make one big meal early in the week.