Finding way back to fit!

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

feelin-great
VETERAN

Re: Finding way back to fit!

Post by feelin-great »

When I made those goals for myself I tried not to focus on new clothes because I figure as I start losing weight only choice will be to buy clothes that fit. If I set that as goal then I would probably just feel like I was cheating by getting clothes that fit so I would end up "unmotivating" myself! Also, after I set those goals I realized that I had really hit a mental milestone without even realizing it and I am proud of myself: several years ago I would have set motivators as food. For example, instead of a manicure I would have set that as getting takeout with dessert or something like that. This time those didn't even occur to me, so I know that mentally I have definitely made progress :D

I had decided to skip Crossfit and join a place just 3 minutes from place that is a gym, but not a traditional gym. at this one you can join any of the classes you want OR if you want to come in just to workout, you have access to a personal trainer at all times! It is expensive but worth it. I know I have never had success with a traditional gym because I am overwhelmed and I either keep doing the same things over and over or I just decide not to go. Having a personal trainer with me at all times would be a tremendous benefit! But the day after I checked the place out I found out that I may be traveling for the next three months :cry: So until I know for sure I can't join. I am getting very frustrating with job because of the travel - I was not aware when I accepted this position that it would be so much. And now I am here with Stewie and no support system, so if I do have to go for three months I will have to fly him home first so he can spend the summer with mom.

So I guess I will just have to do videos and run outside early in the morning during this heat.
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Most of traveling so far has been back to Wisconsin so I just take Stewie with me (the airlines really should offer frequent flier miles for dogs!!!). The couple of time I have traveled elsewhere were shorter trips so he went to a dog host's home - I found them on dogvacay.com. He loves it there, they have a German Shepard that he loves and he adores the couple. But they charge $35/day so an extended visit is out of pay grade! So it will be cheaper for me to fly him home for the summer - the thought of leaving him for so long makes me ill :(
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You have to try and work around this as best you can. It doesn't have to be a massive issue if you are smart enough. Finding the time for you is important and I'm sure you can do it :).

GOOD LUCK
clairelv
STARTING OUT

Post by clairelv »

good to hear ! good luck!!
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

How's everything going to far?
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Nokie173 wrote:How's everything going to far?
Not too bad - I lost just shy of a pound the first week. I had a weak Sunday though (ate too much) and I weighed Monday morning. Today I haven't been so good with food but I didn't really eat much Monday - Wednesday because of a major migraine, which kept me from work for 2 days. So today I am STARVING :shock: I'm not going to be too hard on myself though, I will always have weak moments, but I won't let it define me and get out of control again.
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Ok, bad news time...I stopped to pick stewie up from daycare after work and I tripped in a little dip in the ground and severely twisted ankle...thank goodness I was wearing flats or I probably would have broken it :shock: Sonetimes I am amazed at how graceful I am :mrgreen: Anyway, ankle is black and basically the size of calf. I think I might want to stay off of it for a bit :lol: I have to joke because it hurts so bad I want to cry and laughing at myself keeps the tears at bay :mrgreen:

I guess on the bright side, stewie is so exhausted from a full day of playing in 103 degree heat so I don't have to take him for a walk :sunshine:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

feelin-great wrote:Sonetimes I am amazed at how graceful I am :mrgreen:
:funny:

You do seem to be a bit accident prone. :funny: I'm injury prone and you are accident prone i guess. :Hahabonk:

Hope it heals soon for you. you must have really twisted it bad for it to be so swollen and black and blue.
feelin-great wrote: guess on the bright side, stewie is so exhausted from a full day of playing in 103 degree heat so I don't have to take him for a walk :sunshine:
It sounds like he likes daycare, i'm glad. :sunshine: That does suck about being in CA by yourself no one to help out when it would help.. Hopefully you heal quick and not to hard to still take stewie for his walks when he needs to go.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

fat-to-fit wrote: That does suck about being in CA by yourself no one to help out when it would help..
By the way that's not to say that i don't admire you for living far away because i do. I would do it in a heart beat if it would work out for me. :wink:
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

fat-to-fit wrote:
fat-to-fit wrote: That does suck about being in CA by yourself no one to help out when it would help..
By the way that's not to say that i don't admire you for living far away because i do. I would do it in a heart beat if it would work out for me. :wink:
No worries - I actually LOVE it here :) I do miss the kids something terrible but I get to see them quarterly (not counting when they get to come here) so I still get fill. And between phone calls and FaceTime, I keep up! As for stewie, this has probably been good for him. I don't really want to take him home for that long, but I really can't afford long term care for him. Although one of the couples that has watched him said they would work something out for longer term if I needed, so we will see :)

As for ankle, it's healing. It's not good, but I'm still doing a few things to stay active. It's annoying, though. Also, the day after I twisted it I noticed I must have hurt knee as well - I just didn't notice it because ankle hurt so bad. But I'm focusing on upper body and sit-ups and stuff. I'm not letting it keep me down.

Diet hasn't been good this week. But I stocked up on the healthy stuff to day so I'll be back on track now :D
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

feelin-great wrote:No worries - I actually LOVE it here :)
Glad to hear it. :) I love that you are independent and making it as a single person. It may not be easy sometimes but you are doing it. Maybe someday i will go down to florida but not anytime soon. :D
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

feelin-great wrote:But I'm focusing on upper body and sit-ups and stuff. I'm not letting it keep me down.
Good job, because that's the smart thing to do. You assess your injuries and if you can you work around them, giving up on your training completely when it isn't necessary.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Good that you stock up your food.. and keep up that positive attitude!
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Jocelyn are you working hard somewhere besides california now?? Hope it worked out with stewie and your injury. :)
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Just a quick update - this has definitely not been year. ankle is fine but I am not. I am on doctors orders to rest. I have been having some medical issues that so far they are unable to figure out. I have been randomly passing out. It has been a scary couple of weeks. I am focusing on diet and that's about all I can do right now. Until we can figure out what is happening I am basically just working and coming straight home and resting - it's a very helpless feeling, but I have faith that we will get to the bottom of it and I will be able to get health back under control.

The worst part of all of this is that I have no emergency contacts here. whole family is in Wisconsin and all of coworkers will be traveling for the next couple of months. Because of health issues traveling has been put on hold.