Challenge 2015: The Year of Being A More Toned, Filled Out, Yet Still Lean Workout Machine in 2015 - JULY

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Challenge 2015: The Year of Being A More Toned, Filled Out, Yet Still Lean Workout Machine in 2015 - JULY

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

This is Food & Exercise Journal for JULY 2015

Feel free to join me in posting your daily food intake and/or exercise. I met weight loss goals March 20th, 2005 and then over the next year lost 10 more pounds and since that time have held steady in a 3 to 4 pound range. I did Pilates, weight workouts and walking to meet initial weight loss and have continued to use them and other workouts over the next 9 years. It's all about moderation, eating sensibly and having variety. We cook our own 'frozen meals' yet still eat what we like and also have ice cream, cake and other yummy treats but again in moderation. This is a life long journey, not a diet that once you reach a goal you go back to what you were doing before and guess what get the same result....gain weight and start the process all over again. It's not easy but it also shouldn't be that hard that you don't want to do it. Most people don't cause they want their pizza, ice cream, cake, brownies....(fill in the blank). We get to have all we want and like but again the key is "in moderation". We have an ice cream scoop and limit ourselves to 1, 2, or 3 scoops. We eat a serving size, not a mega size and get to eat what we like, when we like. Remember no one but you can do this....so our motto for not only staying healthy but many things in our life is "WHO MAKES IT HAPPEN, YOU DO".

So join me in making things happen for you. Sue
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Re: Challenge 2015: The Year of Being A More Toned, Filled Out, Yet Still Lean Workout Machine in 2015 - JULY

WEDNESDAY JULY 1ST

No workout today, hurt right knee over night and will get RLW in with dusting and cleaning today

B: Small bowl of Rice Crispies with 10 blueberries and very little milk, with a cup of tea; and OJ. AB: glass of iced coffee with a little vanilla creamer; 2 glasses of water; 1 butterscotch candy, 1 lozenge; Lunch: (1) slice of Tillamook Pepper Jack cheese (thick slice) on a slice of wheat bread with a portion of a 15 oz can of DelMonte Lite Pear Halves (Bartlett pears in extra light syrup), glass of ice tea; AL - 3 glasses of water, 2 butterscotch candies; Dinner: Michelina's Cheese manicotti (ricotta, cheddar, parmesan & Romano cheeses with marinara sauce topped crushed red pepper and 3 teaspoons of Parmesan/Romano cheese with a thin slice of Italian bread with a little Country Crock margarine, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with a little sugar and milk; 1 glass of ice tea and 1 glass of water, 2 butterscotch candies; D: 1 scoop of Very Berry Mixed Berry (refreshing mixed berry ice cream with a decadent mixed berry swirl) and 1 scoop of Speedy Tracks; BT - 2 glasses of water

THURSDAY JULY 2ND

Shopping so got a lot of walking in. Knee was hurting pretty bad at end of day

B: 1 slice of Bayview bread toasted with a little Country Crock margarine, along with a cup of tea and OJ; AB: 1 glass of water and 1 12 oz bottle of water shared w/DH; 1 butterscotch candy, 1 lozenge; L: (1) slice of Tillamook Pepper Jack cheese (thick slice) on a slice of wheat bread with a portion of a 15 oz can of DelMonte Lite Pear Halves (Bartlett pears in extra light syrup), glass of ice tea; AL - 2 glasses of water, 2 butterscotch candies; Dinner: (HH with VEGETABLES: HH Mexican Cheesy Enchilada Rice and Cheesy sauce mix and topping mix with 1/2 cup of diced fresh red pepper, green, orange and yellow peppers, 1/2 cup of frozen yellow corn mixed in, a can of S& W chili beans added (1/8 of mixture) in a flour tortilla topped with a little Salsa picante, 1/4 cup mixture of Kraft Finely Shredded/Colby Monterey Jack/Mozzarella cheese with a pinch of parmesan, topped with a little Salsa picante on top of tortilla, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with a little sugar and milk; 1 glass of ice tea and 1 glass of water, 2 butterscotch candies; D: (1/12) slice of Betty Crocker Super Moist French Vanilla cake; BT - 2 glasses of water

FRIDAY, JULY 3

RLW with vacuum, cleaning windows, cooking and cleaning kitchen

B: Small bowl of Rice Crispies with 10 blueberries and very little milk, with a cup of tea; AB: glass of ice coffee w/a little creamer; 2 glasses of water; 1 butterscotch candy, 1 lozenge; L: (1) slice of Tillamook Pepper Jack cheese (thick slice) on a slice of wheat bread with a portion of a 15 oz can of DelMonte Lite Pear Halves (Bartlett pears in extra light syrup), glass of ice tea; AL - 2 glasses of water, 2 butterscotch candies; Dinner: Dinner: HOLIDAY DINNER: Little pizza's (an English muffin each half topped with half of a mix of (1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella 1/4 cup cheddar/jack cheese with a pinch of parmesan) with a little sauce on the bottom and some on the top (1 8 ounce can between 2 people with rest put in pot with one 8 oz can also cooking) to top pizza's with sauce, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with a little sugar and milk; 1 glass of ice tea and 1 glass of water, 2 butterscotch candies; D: HOLIDAY DESSERT: (1 of 14) Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownie topped with a spoonful of SS vanilla ice cream; BT - 2 glasses of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Re: Challenge 2015: The Year of Being A More Toned, Filled Out, Yet Still Lean Workout Machine in 2015 - JULY

For B: 2 slices of Bayview white bread toasted with a little Country Crock margarine, 1 cup tea and 1 glass of OJ; AB: glass of iced coffee with a little vanilla creamer; 2 glasses of water and 1 butterscotch candy, 1 lozenge; Don't do a regular lunch on Saturday but a snack lunch; so 1/2 cup of popcorn, (1 serving) Lay's Cheddar and Sour Cream potato chips (12 chips) and 12 Doritos Nacho cheese flavor, and a slice of Kraft Thin Swiss cheese, glass of ice tea; AL: - 3 glasses of water this afternoon, 2 butterscotch candies; Dinner: Egg sandwich on 2 slices of Bayview bread toasted with a slice of Kraft Thin sliced Swiss cheese (1.5 hard boiled eggs diced and mixed with a scallion and ketchup), glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with a little sugar and milk; 1 glass of ice tea and 1 glass of water, 2 butterscotch candies; D: No dessert; 2 butterscotch candies, Bedtime: 2 glasses of water
Last edited by whenlifewassimpler on Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Weigh in today down .5 lb to 116.5

B - 2 slices of Bayview bread one slice with Smucker's strawberry jelly and the other slice with Philadelphia whipped original cream cheese, 1 cup of tea, and 2 glasses of OJ, glass of milk; AB - 2 glasses of water and 1 butterscotch candy, 1 lozenge; S- 12 Potato chips and 12 Doritos Nacho cheese flavor with a slice of Kraft Thin Sliced Swiss cheese and a slice of Tillamook Pepper Jack cheese (thick slice); 2 glasses of home made iced tea; 1 glass of water; D - Michelina's Cheese manicotti (ricotta, cheddar, Parmesan & Romano cheeses with marinara sauce topped pepper and 3 teaspoons of Parmesan/Romano cheese with a small slice of Italian bread and a heel with a little Country Crock margarine, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee; 1 glass of ice tea and 1 glass of water, 2 butterscotch candies; D: 2 scoops of Speedy Tracks Limited Edition ice cream (rich and creamy vanilla ice cream with swirls of tangy raspberry ribbons loaded with solid milk chocolate race cars); Bedtime - 2 glasses of water
Last edited by whenlifewassimpler on Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Report for June

June was great month, till the last week which really was July but it was still the end of June week and workout week for June. So from July 1 through 3 (the last 3 days of the monthly routine was a NO WORKOUT zone....bummer but can't exercise with a bad knee that's in excruciating pain.

Feels better, except for a twinge now and then and for walking for July I won't be doing any light jogging in place or high leg lifts in place either, just walking and a bit of dancing. So I am a very happy camper otherwise with the month of June. In addition, still doing great with the veggies in plus more fish and looking to try to get even more fish in too. In addition, still on track with chocolate for the month. Did not do well with the PB this month. Plus I need to buy some new PB. daily fruit was great with lunch, plus in breakfast too. Got Vitamin D for the month as always with fish and daily dosage too.

For July will go back to basics with weights and full body workouts On MWF mornings with Prevention's Upper and Lower Body workouts. 12 reps for each exercise (2 sets) - Modified push up, Single arm row, reverse fly, Seated leg lift, inner thigh lift, chair squat, outer thigh lift and abdominal crunch. For evening workouts I will do Men's Workouts abdominal workouts - pull ins, twisting reaches, stiffed legged reaches, side bends, opposite extensions, power crunches and straddle crunches

Tuesday and Thursday for the month I will do walking/dancing.

Weigh Ins for the Month:

6/7/15 116.5 Sunday weigh in
6/14/15 117 Sunday Weigh in
6/21/15 117 Sunday weigh in
6/28/15 117 Sunday weigh in
7/5/15 116.5

Food goals: Food goals remain the same...continue to take vitamin D, and keep up the increase in the fruits and veggies in diet, and try some different type of veggies, which we have been doing well with. Also continue to try out some different recipes, which had been going very well but slipped up a bit and have to get back on the stick. Plus continue with the getting in chocolate several times a week. Didn't do well with the PB this month and need to buy some so I can get back on the stick. Doing great on our cutting down on the ice cream. Now just need to get on the stick and make up some fruit based desserts. Our soups mixed with egg noodles are working out great giving up lots of veggies and the sauce is already included; in addition to getting 2 dinners out of a can. Plus tummy likes it too LOL We are going to start to have them over rice, and other types of noodles, like little farfalle and ditalini pasta too.

Trying to continue a variety of foods in our diet. In addition with the warmer weather some cold salads too. Doing very well getting fish into diet having it on most Friday's; along with some veggies too. I still have some left of salmon fillets, and fillets with Alaskan Pollock and will also be adding some crab and lobster for lunches and maybe even dinners for the Summer months.. In addition to the other frozen pasta dinners we will be making up for ourselves, and we are bound and determined over the next 2 months to get the pastry dinners made up we wanted to try. We are determined to get the pastry sheets next month and plus also want to make up some calzones too with our pizza dough. Plus off our duffs and make up our ravioli too! Seems like time just goes by too quickly LOL
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

WELL DONE Sue

On the stick? that's a new one on me.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Bossman it's a very very very old expression grandma used a LOT, plus parents and other relatives too. Even in later years we used it! You are probably too young for it.... Hope you had a nice holiday weekend.

Sue
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Prevention's Upper and Lower Body workouts for this morning and Evening workout was walking/dancing instead of Men's Workout abdominal routine due to stomach pain....will start Men's workout next week.

B: Small bowl of Rice Crispies with 10 blueberries and very little milk, with a cup of tea; and OJ. AB: glass of iced coffee with a little vanilla creamer; 2 glasses of water; 1 butterscotch candy, 1 lozenge; Lunch: (1) slice of Kraft Thin sliced Swiss cheese on a slice of wheat bread with a portion of a 15 oz can of Dole Mandarin oranges in Light Syrup, glass of ice tea; AL - 2 glasses of water, 2 butterscotch candies; D: Michelina's fettuccine alfredo with a little added milk topped with 2 teaspoons of Parmesan/Romano cheese with a slice of French bread toasted with a little Country Crock margarine, glass of ice tea;, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with a little sugar and milk; 1 glass of ice tea and 1 glass of water, 2 butterscotch candies; D: 1 of 14) Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownie; BT - 2 glasses of water
Last edited by whenlifewassimpler on Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

whenlifewassimpler wrote:You are probably too young for it
Well it may well be an American thing, rather than merely a generational thing.

In Britain some people have in the past have been referred to as "up the stick", but that is a reference to females who get pregnant.

I'm presuming "back on the stick" just means back on the wagon, or the horse, or the right track or the straight and narrow.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Oh are you not in America, Bossman, I guess I just assumed you were...shame on me. Yes, it would have the meaning of back on track, etc. I'm old so I have a tendency to use "old expressions" LOl

Sue
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Don't worry about it and no need to feel shame for assuming I was American :).

About 99% of the time, I avoid using words or phrases I think are prevelant in Britain and not used in America, to avoid confusing people a bit, as there have and always will be more American's on here than British people.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Bossman, I was very lucky to have traveled in England but sorry to say never the Wales and Scotland area at all and I know I have missed out on a lot. I also visited Spain as grandfather was born in Gibraltar and mother is of German decent so got to see there, Sweden and all the wonderful sites.

Have a nice day,

Sue
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Evening workout walking/dancing

B: 1 slice of wheat bread toasted with a little Country Crock margarine, along with a cup of tea; and OJ. AB: glass of iced coffee with a little vanilla creamer; 2 glasses of water; 1 butterscotch candy, 1 lozenge; Lunch: Philadelphia whipped original cream cheese with a 1/2 teaspoon of Smucker's grape jelly on a slice of wheat bread with a portion of a 15 oz can of Dole Mandarin oranges in Light Syrup, glass of ice tea; AL - 3 glasses of water, 2 butterscotch candies; Dinner: 1/2 can of Campbell's Chunky Sausage & Pepper Rigatoni (18.8 oz) with a small slice of French bread toasted with a little Country Crock margarine, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with a little sugar and milk; 1 glass of ice tea and 1 glass of water, 2 butterscotch candies; D: (1 of 14) Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownie; BT - 2 glasses of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

RLW for this morning and walking/dancing for this evening

B: Small bowl of Rice Crispies with 10 blueberries and very little milk, with a cup of tea; and OJ. AB: glass of iced coffee with a little vanilla creamer; 2 glasses of water; 1 butterscotch candy, 1 lozenge; Lunch: (Philadelphia whipped original cream cheese with a 1/2 teaspoon of Smucker's grape jelly on a slice of wheat bread with a portion of a 15 oz can of Dole Mandarin oranges in Light Syrup, glass of ice tea; AL - 3 glasses of water, 2 butterscotch candies; Dinner: (2.5 ounces) of Egg noodles and 1/2 serving of 2 packages Herbox Sodium Free Granulated Chicken Bouillon in 2 cups water, topped with parsley, salt and pepper, a sprinkle of onion powder and topped with 3 teaspoons of Parmesan/Romano cheese, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with a little sugar and milk; 1 glass of ice tea and 1 glass of water, 2 butterscotch candies; D: 1 scoop of Speedy Tracks; BT - 2 glasses of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Evening workout walking/dancing....maybe since doctor's appointment and a very very long day. THE MAYBE TURNED TO A DEFINITE NO WALKING FELL ASLEEP INSTEAD

B: 1 slice of Bayview bread toasted with a little Country Crock margarine, along with a cup of tea and OJ; AB: glass of water (shared w/Chuck) (1.5) bottles of water (24 oz each) shared with Chuck; 2 butterscotch candies, 1 lozenge; L: (1) slice of Kraft Thin sliced Swiss cheese on a slice of wheat bread, glass of ice tea - 12 oz(from 24 oz bottle Chuck and I shared); 2 butterscotch candies; Dinner: (HH with VEGETABLES: HH Mexican Cheesy Enchilada Rice and Cheesy sauce mix and topping mix with 1/2 cup of diced fresh red pepper, green, orange and yellow peppers, 1/2 cup of frozen yellow corn mixed in, a can of S& W chili beans added (1/8 of mixture) in a flour tortilla topped with a little Salsa picante, 1/4 cup mixture of Kraft Finely Shredded/Colby Monterey Jack/Mozzarella cheese with a pinch of Parmesan, topped with a little Salsa picante on top of tortilla, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with a little sugar and milk; 1 glass of ice tea and 1 glass of water, 2 butterscotch candies; D: 1 scoop of raspberry mix sherbet; BT - 2 glasses of water
Last edited by whenlifewassimpler on Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.