Hollie's Fitness Journal

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

HollieCodling
STARTING OUT

Hollie's Fitness Journal

Post by HollieCodling »

I will be documenting Herbalife journey as I lose weight and build muscle, mainly due to crossfitting background.

Today:
Breakfast: none, not up
Lunch: Pineapple Shake :D :D
- 3 scoops F1 vanilla
- 250ml non fat milk
- 250ml water
- large chunks of pineapple

Snacks:
- Diet Coke :wowzer:

Tea:
- Vegetarian Schnitzel :D
- Brown rice

Snack:
Herbalife 24 Orange Hydrate (after workout WOD)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Hollie's Fitness Journal

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Hollie good to talk to you.

Please don't take any of this as a criticism of you it's not intended to be :).

Yes those snacks definitely need addressing, but that wouldn't be a major issue for you in doing that. However I'd be very wary of Herbalife. Even looking at a UK site of theirs in relation to the Hydrate product you're using, I have to say that product looks poorly promoted.

Firstly, it says this about the product

"With an osmolality of less than 270 mOsmol/kg"

That is not explained and doesn't mean much to me either and I am a bit more savvy about supplements than many and it still meant nothing to me, so baffling potential customers isn't a great sales / marketing tactic I feel :huh:.

It does not tell you about any amounts of the ingredients stated.

"Provides 100% of your RDA for Vitamin C which helps reduce tiredness and fatigue"

RDA for Vit C differs for men and women by about 15mg per day, 90mg versus 75mg, but the product does not state it is meant for one gender only like some supplements are I.E Vitabiotics Well Man and Well Woman, so therefore one gender will either get more than 100% RDA requirement which is fine, or less than 100% RDA requirement, which is not so great and which is also not clarified, because no amounts of Vit C are stated.

"Provides B vitamins (B1, B2, pantothenic acid and B12) and calcium and magnesium, all contributing to normal energy-yielding metabolism"

No stated amounts again.

Why should the consumer have to contact anybody related to the company, at possible cost to themselves if they phone, to ascertain this stuff, or visit the nearest shop, which could be miles away, just to read a box, assuming when you got there they are not temporarily out of stock?

This stuff should be on the website, or downloadable on a DOC or PDF file. This poor quality transparency from companies irks me and looks fishy. I discovered such behaviour from another company called Celebrity Slim a few years back on their website too.

Then Herbalife proudly display motifs for associations they are proudly members or affiliates of, but I wonder how many of those organisations don't mind you not giving full product disclosure, based on this one product, on your website and would not remove your association with them, until such time as full disclosure had been implemented and verified by they, said association?

The product you're using might work quite well, but as I could not verify it's quality, then unless you could actually post the entire ingredient list, including amounts and any that might be stated in proprietary blends, so basically the ingredient list on the box or sachet word for word verbatim, which I'm not saying you should or have to, then I'm stumped as to whether to express considered words of acceptance or rebuttal of the product.

The rest of your regime seems good though, so stick with that, but definitely sort those snacks out and here are some options you can use, like microwave soups, baked beans and rice dishes, oat granola's, ham, turkey, beef, pork and chicken from a packet, low fat cheese, nuts, peanuts, fruits including tomatoes and cucumber, vegetables including pineapple, raw carrot and celery sticks, pre-boiled eggs, pre-cooked chicken breast and low fat yoghurt, nuts and peanuts, bread, sandwiches.

GOOD LUCK