Challenge 2016: A More Toned, Filled Out, Yet Still Lean Workout Machine in 2016 - AUGUST

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Challenge 2016: A More Toned, Filled Out, Yet Still Lean Workout Machine in 2016 - AUGUST

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

This is Food & Exercise Journal for AUGUST 2016

Feel free to join me in posting your daily food intake and/or exercise. I met weight loss goals March 20th, 2005 and then over the next year lost 10 more pounds and since that time have held steady in a 3 to 4 pound range. I did Pilates, weight workouts and walking to meet initial weight loss and have continued to use them and other workouts over the next 9 years. It's all about moderation, eating sensibly and having variety. We cook our own 'frozen meals' yet still eat what we like and also have ice cream, cake and other yummy treats but again in moderation. This is a life long journey, not a diet that once you reach a goal you go back to what you were doing before and guess what get the same result....gain weight and start the process all over again. It's not easy but it also shouldn't be that hard that you don't want to do it. Most people don't cause they want their pizza, ice cream, cake, brownies....(fill in the blank). We get to have all we want and like but again the key is "in moderation". We have an ice cream scoop and limit ourselves to 1, 2, or 3 scoops. We eat a serving size, not a mega size and get to eat what we like, when we like. Remember no one but you can do this....so our motto for not only staying healthy but many things in our life is "WHO MAKES IT HAPPEN, YOU DO".

So join me in making things happen for you. Sue
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Re: Challenge 2016: A More Toned, Filled Out, Yet Still Lean Workout Machine in 2016 - AUGUST

JULY REPORT....

July went pretty good, had a couple "no sleep nights and stomach issues, etc. and was a relatively good month workout department. Did do some RLW's in place of workouts with end of month cleaning but that is a workout in and of itself for me. Lots of time on feet with bending etc.

July as June adding pounds was up and down and now back down again GRRRR so hoping to do better in August.

Start date for August will be August 1st, will repeat July's workouts again for August with weeks 1 through 4 on MWF Men's Mag weight workout (calves, triceps, shoulders, back, tights, abs, forearms, chest) 3 sets of 12 reps and for T-Th weeks 1-4 (Men's Mag Abdominal weight workout....Pull Ins, obliques, stiff legged reaches, side bends, opposite extensions, power crunches, and straddle crunches) 2 sets of 15 reps

Weighs Ins for Month:

7/3/16 118 Sunday weigh in
7/10/16 118 Sunday weigh in
7/17/16 119 Sunday weigh in
7/24/16 118 Sunday weigh in
7/31/16 119 Sunday weigh in

Food goals: Food goals remain the same...continue to take vitamin D, and keep up the increase in the fruits and veggies in diet, and try some different type of veggies, which we have been doing well with. Also continue to try out some different recipes, which we still need to get back on track with. Plus continue with the getting in chocolate several times a week which has been going well. We no longer are eating ice cream. Now just need to get on the stick and make up some fruit based desserts to go with the ones we are having now. Our soups mixed with egg noodles are working out great giving us lots of veggies and the sauce is already included; in addition to getting 2 dinners out of a can. Plus tummy likes it too LOL We are going to start to have them over rice, and other types of noodles, like little farfalle and ditalini pasta too.

In addition we have a number of ideas for different bases to go over pasta, making casseroles, etc. Plus making calzones, and pastry filled with vegetables and other filling to add to our diet for even more variety.

Trying to continue a variety of foods in our diet. Doing very well getting fish into diet having it on most Friday's and have also been getting it in during the week also. In addition adding diced peppers, potatoes, corn, spinach and other veggies to go with the fish has worked out well too. Still have had to be careful on portions as stomach still rebels on occasion so have NOT been able to gain the added weight; though some weeks it decides to go up a bit and stay for a while then back to same ole, same ole. I will continue efforts.. As I said hoping 2016 will be the year.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Re: Challenge 2016: A More Toned, Filled Out, Yet Still Lean Workout Machine in 2016 - AUGUST

Men's Mag weight workout (calves, triceps, shoulders, back, tights, abs, forearms, chest) 2 sets of 12 reps in the morning and another set in the evening

B: Small bowl of Kellogg's Corn flakes with 12 blueberries with a little milk, with a cup of tea; and OJ. AB: Glass of ice coffee with a vanilla creamer; 1 glass of water; 1 butterscotch candy, 1 lozenge Lunch: Slice of mild cheddar cheese with a little Gulden's mustard on a slice of wheat bread) with a portion of a 15 oz can of Delmonte Northwest Pear Halves (Bartlett pears in extra light syrup,) all diced up, glass of ice tea; AL: 1 glass of water, 2 butterscotch candies; Dinner: (4) Gorton's Fish Sticks (Alaskan Pollock) with (2 each) green, red, orange and yellow pepper strips diced, 2 teaspoons of diced potatoes, and 12 small Lindsay black olive halves topped with a sprinkle of Mexican blend shredded cheese and a sprinkle of mozzarella with home made spicy sauce (2 tablespoons Heinz ketchup/1 teaspoon of Tapatio sauce) in a tortilla with a small tortilla on the side with some hot sauce, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with a little sugar and milk; 1 glass of ice tea, 2 butterscotch candies; D: 1 serving (2) Pepperidge Farms Milano chocolate cookies; BT - 1 glass of water
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

I decided to commit to just doing this month with you Sue. HOpefully Mo joins us but i know i need the accountability. :)

today:

Shakeology for breakfast/handful of raspberries, peanuts and pineapple
cup of skim milk and 5 ritz crackers to take with med.
lunch was a slice of pizza I made some more yeast dough and roll it real thin. Thanks for the veggie ideas sue i want to replace some cheese on the pizza with more veggies. i do eat some veggies but really not a lot. Do you think spinach on the pizza would work?
snack was carrots and light ranch dip dressing.
dinner is shakeology and water and roasted vegetables. The roasted vegetables are pretty starchy though. mom makes it. carrots, potatoes, corn green beans, and zuchinni and olive oil.

106 ounces of water today.

I want to add protein powder to shakeology. i forgot too today.

43/24/34
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Okay, I'll give this a shot! purpose in keeping a food log is to see if I can figure out if something I'm eating is causing migraines.

August 1

Coffee with 1 t turmeric, pinch black pepper, 1 t chai spices, 2 T collagen, 1/4 t vanilla powder, 1 T cacao, 1 T coconut oil and 1 T Kerrygold butter (this is normal breakfast, which from now on I will just call "coffee"); 3 Brazil nuts

2 pieces toasted plantain bread with peanut butter and homemade strawberry jam

Potatoes and onions fried with ghee and avocado oil; 2 fried eggs
Granny Smith apple with date caramel

98 oz water

Not a stellar day as far as getting greens in. :tongue:

I like spinach on pizza, Becky. If it's frozen, you can just thaw and squeeze out well. If it's fresh, I saute it a bit or else it gets kinda crispy. :tonguepoke:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

food journals sound so boring. But with you guys i'm interested in what your eating. :lol: Sue has had such great success with moderation and losing weight and Mo is such a healthy eater and vegetarian.

I'm just posting this morning what i've ate. will edit or add later in another post what i ate in the afternoon.

b. shakeology/1/2 scoop protein powder/greek flavored yogurt/raspberries
s. had the rest of the roasted vegetables that i had left from yesterday.
l. i sauteed some spinach and onions in olive oil and put it on the pizza and going to eat the mini pizza now.

36 ounces so far today. i'm a little behind on the water but i can catch up.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning Becky and Molasses...nice to see you....reminds me when I was on BHG and a number of the ladies would post what they ate on FJ.

Well I was up till 5 a.m. again GRRR but as for eats today....and workouts....RLW of dusting and then......

NO WORKOUT FOR THE EVENING AND NO SLEEP AGAIN EITHER

B: 1 slice of split top white bread toasted with a little Smucker's grape jelly, along with a cup of tea and OJ; AB: Glass of ice coffee with a little vanilla creamer; 1 glass of water; 1 butterscotch candy, 1 lozenge Lunch: Slice of mild cheddar cheese with a little Gulden's mustard on a slice of wheat bread) with a portion of a 15 oz can of Delmonte Northwest Pear Halves (Bartlett pears in extra light syrup,) all diced up, glass of ice tea; AL: 1 glass of water, 2 butterscotch candies; Dinner: 1/2 can (10 3/4 oz) of Campbell's Tomato soup with 1/8 cup of Ditalini pasta with a pinch of basil and a slice of French bread toasted with a little margarine, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with a little sugar and milk; 1 glass of ice tea, 2 butterscotch candies; D: (1) Pepperidge Farm Montauk Soft Baked Milk chocolate cookie; BT - 1 glass of water
Last edited by whenlifewassimpler on Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

whenlifewassimpler wrote:Morning Becky and Molasses...nice to see you....reminds me when I was on BHG and a number of the ladies would post what they ate on FJ.
I'm hoping i can make it through the month. Will see. :) It's nice to do this together! Good job on the workout.

i mulitplied wrong. i'm at 64 ounces and just will have 16 more ounces so that puts me at 80 for today so far. :clap:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

continued.

snack: peanut butter cup (healthy home made version)
dinner: Greek yogurt/Shakeology/protein powder/ and I'm having another pizza with spinach on it. I loved it. limits the amount of cheese too.

40/31/30 only thing not added in there is the roasted vegetables earlier too hard to calculate what the calories and macros are on them because it's mixed veggies.

104 ounces of water today. :)
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Coffee with all enhancements, 2 brazil nuts

3 bean patty/fritters with a generous splash of organic ketchup
about 2 c. of broccoli florets with EVOO

big salad with a smallish head of romaine, Granny Smith apple, almonds and dried cranberries
banana brownie with frosting (recipe links below--I used the fudge as frosting because mine always comes out soft)
http://thebigmansworld.com/2015/10/28/f ... -brownies/
http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2014/0 ... ter-fudge/

1/2 c. peanuts

89 oz. of water
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

RLW today of lots and lots of walking for shopping. No workout last night as tired and achy and another night of no sleep, well an 90 minutes....

B: Slice of French bread toasted with a little Country Crock margarine, with a cup of tea; and OJ AB: 1 glass of water shared with DH; 1 bottle 12 oz shared with DH; 1 butterscotch candy, 1 lozenge; Lunch: Slice of mild cheddar cheese with a little Gulden's mustard on a slice of wheat bread) with a portion of a 15 oz can of Delmonte Northwest Pear Halves (Bartlett pears in extra light syrup,) all diced up, glass of ice tea; AL: 1 glass of water, 2 butterscotch candies; Dinner: Michelina's Fettucine Alfredo topped with a little pepper and 2 teaspoons of Parmesan/Romano cheese, and a small slice of Italian bread with a little Country crock margarine, glass of ice; AD - cup of coffee with a little sugar and milk; 1 glass of ice tea and 1 glass of water, 2 butterscotch candies; D: (1) Little Debbie Cinnamon Streusel cake; BT - 1 glass of water
Last edited by whenlifewassimpler on Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

i have like 3 minutes to type. haha

b. i had a headache and i didn't want to work with one so i have 16 oz pepsi. I hope i won't need another after this and it did take headache away. embarrassing but that's it.
later i had shakeology/greek yogurt/protein powder
lunch is spinach pizza with a little sauce and onions and light cheese and the protein brownies mo gave the recipe for yesterday. i made them last night. they are pretty good.

walked this morning too.

macros is is high from the pepsi. 56/29/15 i forgot to add in the olive oil and 1/8 cheese so it's 48/26/26

at 48 ounces so far so i have a bit of catching up to do.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

continued.

snack: roasted vegetables/protein brownies (made with banana, cocoa, peanut butter and protein powder.)

this is what's planned for dinner: should be it i don't see why not. shakeology/protein powder/peanuts.

total macros for the day (roasted vegetables aren't in the macros): 39/28/33 It's about 2,000 calories today. the pepsi brought me up 200 calories.

walked 2 miles this morning and plan on walking 2 miles this evening. It's really warm out.

water so far today is at 80 ounces. I want to do boss's weight routine today too.
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Coffee and 3 brazil nuts

Plantain bread, toasted, with coconut butter on one, pb on the other, strawberry jam on both
Brownie

Thai curry made with a med. size sweet potato, 1/2 c. broccoli, 2 c. cauliflower, 1/4 peanuts, red Thai curry paste (~2 T), 1/4 c. coconut milk

I wanted to eat a Granny Smith with date caramel for dessert but I was too full, so I just had a spoonful of the caramel :tongue:

I've had 64 oz of water so far, but will get it up to 82 oz before I go to bed--I will finish water bottle before 8 p.m. :sunshine:
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Wow you guys are doing great .

I love Pepsi too and I completely gave it up for at least 6 months or more and then one day I was at Walmart and on the way out I saw a pepsi machine and it was so hot so I put 2 quarters in and got a can . Ever since that day each time I go to Walmart I have to get one. and yes they do help with the headaches.

I'm testing the waters here . Maybe I will join you .

So far today I have had 1 16 oz of water and I protein drink which has 30 grams of protein . I am trying for 64 oz. of water and two of the smoothies

Lunch will be a slice of toasted wheat bread (35 calores ) with I laughing cow wedge of swiss cheese and water.
Afternoon snack will be a Greek yogurt

DH wanted a pizza tonite but I talked him into Hamburgers and I will have one without the bun plus corn on the cob and tomatoes out of a friends garden . second protein drink will be tonight .