Challenge 2016: A More Toned, Filled Out, Yet Still Lean Workout Machine in 2016 - OCTOBER

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Challenge 2016: A More Toned, Filled Out, Yet Still Lean Workout Machine in 2016 - OCTOBER

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

This is Food & Exercise Journal for OCTOBER 2016

Feel free to join me in posting your daily food intake and/or exercise. I met weight loss goals March 20th, 2005 and then over the next year lost 10 more pounds and since that time have held steady in a 3 to 4 pound range. I did Pilates, weight workouts and walking to meet initial weight loss and have continued to use them and other workouts over the next 9 years. It's all about moderation, eating sensibly and having variety. We cook our own 'frozen meals' yet still eat what we like and also have ice cream, cake and other yummy treats but again in moderation. This is a life long journey, not a diet that once you reach a goal you go back to what you were doing before and guess what get the same result....gain weight and start the process all over again. It's not easy but it also shouldn't be that hard that you don't want to do it. Most people don't cause they want their pizza, ice cream, cake, brownies....(fill in the blank). We get to have all we want and like but again the key is "in moderation". We have an ice cream scoop and limit ourselves to 1, 2, or 3 scoops. We eat a serving size, not a mega size and get to eat what we like, when we like. Remember no one but you can do this....so our motto for not only staying healthy but many things in our life is "WHO MAKES IT HAPPEN, YOU DO".

So join me in making things happen for you. Sue
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Re: Challenge 2016: A More Toned, Filled Out, Yet Still Lean Workout Machine in 2016 - OCTOBER

SEPTEMBER REPORT:

September was a good month other than the start of the month I didn't sleep and hurt back and legs so skipped second day of the month; but did get a good walk in that day. Missed the morning workout on a grocery trip day along with evening one but with it being a start of the month shopping all that walking was quite the workout LOL Also missed the next night but was on feet all day cleaning so a RLW replaced it. Missed workouts on the day I had to go to the doctor also. Mid month I missed two days in a row as was up all night and hubby let me sleep very very late the first night and the second night was the night before shopping...so all the walking with shopping made up for it. The rest of the month got them all in.

Will continue quest to add some pounds.

Start date for September will be October will be October 3rd. MWF morning: Mari Winsor Pilate Bun & Thigh Sculpting, Sculpt Your Body Slim; MWF evening - For weeks 1 & 2: Firm Offer(triceps/press/knee tuck, Wide-Stance Deadlift, Shoulder/abs, butt and leg movement, Plie-Curl Combo, and Singe Leg Row and T-Th evening WHM Total Body Tightening; Weeks 3 & 4 WHM 15 Minute Sculpt Arm workout; Tuesday and Thursday walking

Weigh Ins For The Month

9/4/16 118 Sunday weigh in
9/11/16 117.5 Sunday weigh in
9/18/16 118 Sunday weigh in
9/25/16 118.5 Sunday weigh in

Food goals: Food goals remain the same...continue to take vitamin D, and keep up the increase in the fruits and veggies in diet, and try some different type of veggies, which we have been doing well with. Also continue to try out some different recipes, which we still need to get back on track with. Plus continue with the getting in chocolate several times a week which has been going well. We no longer are eating ice cream. Now just need to get on the stick and make up some fruit based desserts to go with the ones we are having now. Our soups mixed with egg noodles are working out great giving us lots of veggies and the sauce is already included; in addition to getting 2 dinners out of a can. Plus tummy likes it too LOL We are going to start to have them over rice, and other types of noodles, like little farfalle and ditalini pasta too.

In addition we have a number of ideas for different bases to go over pasta, making casseroles, etc. Plus making calzones, and pastry filled with vegetables and other filling to add to our diet for even more variety.

Trying to continue a variety of foods in our diet. Doing very well getting fish into diet having it on most Friday's and have also been getting it in during the week also. In addition adding diced peppers, potatoes, corn, spinach and other veggies to go with the fish has worked out well too. Still have had to be careful on portions as stomach still rebels on occasion so have NOT been able to gain the added weight; though some weeks it decides to go up a bit and stay for a while then back to same ole, same ole. I will continue efforts.. As I said hoping 2016 will be the year.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Re: Challenge 2016: A More Toned, Filled Out, Yet Still Lean Workout Machine in 2016 - OCTOBER

B: 1.5 slices of Bayview bread toasted with a little Smucker's strawberry jelly , 1 cup tea and 1 glass of OJ; AB: Glass of ice coffee with a little vanilla creamer; glass of water and 1 butterscotch candy, 1 lozenge; Don't do a regular lunch on Saturday but a handful of popcorn, 25 Pretzel sticks for sodium intake, Slice of pepperjack cheese on a slice of wheat bread, glass of ice tea; AL: - 1 glass of water, 2 butterscotch candies; Dinner: 1.5 eggs scrambled with some salt, pepper and California onion powder on two slice of split top white bread toasted topped with a slice of Swiss cheese melted and heated in microwave, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with a little sugar and milk; 1 glass of ice tea, 2 butterscotch candies; D: (1) Pepperidge Farm Montauk Soft Baked Milk chocolate cookie; 2 butterscotch candies, Bedtime: 1 glass of water
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Congrats on a good Sept., Sue! Looks like a good plan for October, too. :thumb:

I am giving the food journal yet another go here. weight is up a few pounds to 116.6. (I've been hungry lately!) :tongue:

Coffee, 2 Brazil nuts, plantain bread with PB

Thai curry (onions, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, peas and peanuts in coconut milk and red curry paste) with rice
Banana

Popcorn
Banana ice cream with PB and chocolate sauce

Bootcamp yoga workout this morning (55 minutes)
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Welcome back, Molasses, and I see we both run in those teens....I am down to 117 today...crazy fluctuations. However, I did notice today on weight journal that it's been 11 years since I hit goal weight of 125 and then lost 10 more the following year....wow the years have really gone fast!

Sue

Weigh in today down 1.5 pounds to 117

B - English muffin toasted with a little Country Crock margarine, 1 cup of tea, and 2 glasses of OJ, glass of milk; AB - 1 glass of water and 1 butterscotch candy, 1 lozenge; S- 25 Pretzel sticks for sodium intake, handful of popcorn, slice of Swiss cheese, glass of ice tea; 1 glass of water; D - Little pizza's (an English muffin each half topped with 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella 1/4 cup Mild cheddar cheese with a pinch of parmesan with a sprinkle of onion powder, and pepper with a little sauce on the bottom and some on the top (1 8 ounce can between 2 people with rest put in pot with one 8 oz can also cooking with added pepper, onion powder and oregano) to top pizza's with sauce, glass of ice; AD - cup of coffee with a little sugar and milk; 1 glass of ice tea, 2 butterscotch candies; D: (2) Pepperidge Farms Milano Raspberry chocolate cookie; Bedtime - 1 glass of water
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

b. oatmeal with cinnamon and a little sugar/1 egg egg whites, spinach
s. shakeology, with protein powder, water 2 cups and a banana
l. egg and egg whites and spinach with an apple
s. greek yogurt and peanuts
d. this i am just eating what company and mom is having which is sloopy joes and corn.

try to drink water all day too.
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Coffee, 2 Brazil nuts

Big bowl of sweet potato-chickpea soup
Glass of kombucha

Plantain bread with egg salad (2 eggs, homemade mayo)
Small apple with PB

64 oz water

Time does fly, Sue! You and I have some weird similarities-- goal was 125, too. I got there 15 years ago, and then dropped past it to 118, where I was for a long time. I gained about 13# back going through menopause, but eventually managed to lose those, getting back to 118. Lately I've been exercising less, and consequently wasn't as hungry, and had lost a few pounds. With plan to work out more starting this month, I suspect 118 will be resting place once again.

Yay on the journal, and planning ahead, Becky!
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Mari Winsor Pilate Bun & Thigh Sculpting, Sculpt Your Body Slim and weeks 1 and 2: Firm Offer(triceps/press/knee tuck, Wide-Stance Deadlift, Shoulder/abs, butt and leg movement, Plie-Curl Combo, and Single Leg Row

***PLUS A WALK TO THE OFFICE AND BACK THIS A.M.

B: Small bowl of Kellogg's Special K Vanilla almond cereal with a little milk, with a cup of tea and OJ. AB: Glass of ice coffee with a vanilla creamer; 1 glass of water; 1 butterscotch candy, 1 lozenge Lunch: For this week Sunnyside Farms Pepperjack slices (1 slice) on a slice of wheat bread toasted; and a portion of Dole Mandarin oranges in light syrup (15 oz), all diced up, glass of ice tea; AL: 1 glass of water, 2 butterscotch candies; Dinner: (1) Gorton's Crunchy Breaded Fish Fillet (Alaska Pollock) on a bed of orzo (1/4 cup) with a 1 scallion diced, 2 each of red, green, orange and yellow pepper strips diced and mixed in with some Extra virgin olive oil and lemon and a sprinkle of shredded parmesan cheese, with a thin slice of French bread with a little Country Crock margarine on the side, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with a little sugar and milk; 1 glass of ice tea, 2 butterscotch candies; D:(1) Pepperidge Farm Chesapeake Dark Chocolate Pecan cookie; BT - 1 glass of water
Last edited by whenlifewassimpler on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Molasses, I'll say our stories are a like as part of the weight gain was them telling me to eat and get strength back and the other was menopause for me too. I had gained a LOT of weight with it, plus all the "other issues". What didn't help gyno said I had the highest hormonal level for menopause she had ever seen...it was unheard of. Which was why when I asked her how long it would last she said I am sorry to say in your case it might be for the rest of your life. I have been alright for a good number of years but have had periods of "not so good" and the symptoms.

Like yourself it seems like the 118 to 118.5 is number for most of weigh ins.

Hey we both met our goals so we'll take it LOL

Have a good day.

Sue
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

dr never did test hormones, Sue, so I don't know what levels were, or are. All these years later, I do still have hot flashes, but I'm used to them and can't say they bother me too much anymore. I know you've suffered with mood swings and things that I have not. For me, it was mostly night sweats, hot flashes, weight gain.

Exercise today was Ashley Turner's Yoga for Flexibility.

Food:

Coffee, 2 Brazil nuts
Sweet potato-chickpea soup
Plantain bread with PB and jelly
Small Cripps Pink apple
Steamed broccoli sprinkled with cheese
2 bananas drizzled with dark chocolate and coconut butter, sprinkled with Maldon salt and coconut flakes

Water: 66 oz.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

DIDN'T DO Walking/dance; light jog in place VERY TIRED AND ACHY AND WITH SHOPPING AND VERY EARLY WAKE UP IT WAS FOR THE BEST

B: 1 slice of split top white bread toasted with a little Smucker's strawberry jelly, along with a cup of tea and OJ; AB: Glass of ice coffee with a little vanilla creamer; 1 glass of water; 1 butterscotch candy, 1 lozenge Lunch: For this week Sunnyside Farms Pepperjack slices (1 slice) on a slice of wheat bread toasted; and a portion of Dole Mandarin oranges in light syrup (15 oz), all diced up, glass of ice tea; AL: 1 glass of water, 1 lozenge; 2 butterscotch candies; Dinner: (2.5 ounces) of Egg noodles and 1/2 serving of 1 package Herbox Sodium Free Granulated Chicken Bouillon in 1 cup water topped with parsley, salt and pepper, a sprinkle of onion powder and topped with 2 teaspoons of Parmesan/Romano cheese, with a small slice of French bread toasted with a little Country Crock margarine, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with a little sugar and milk; 1 glass of ice tea, 2 butterscotch candies; D: (2) Pepperidge Farm Milano Chocolate Cookies; BT - 1 glass of water;
Last edited by whenlifewassimpler on Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Biggest Loser At Home Challenge (5 min. each warm up and cool down, 10 min. each Level 1 cardio and (bodyweight) strength training. Went by quickly.

Water: 64 oz.

Coffee, 2 Brazil nuts
Roasted asparagus
Lentil soup
Cauliflower crust pizza with artichokes and roasted peppers and a little cheese
Healthy "tootsie rolls" (made with cacao powder, lucuma, molasses, honey, coconut butter)
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Lots of walking shopping today and Sculpt Your Body Slim and weeks 1 and 2: Firm Offer(triceps/press/knee tuck, Wide-Stance Deadlift, Shoulder/abs, butt and leg movement, Plie-Curl Combo, and Single Leg Row for evening workout

B: Slice of French bread toasted with a little Country Crock margarine, with a cup of tea and OJ. AB: Glass of water(shared w/DH); 1 butterscotch candy, 1 lozenge Lunch: For this week Sunnyside Farms Pepperjack slices (1 slice) on a slice of wheat bread toasted; and a portion of Dole Mandarin oranges in light syrup (15 oz), all diced up, glass of ice tea; AL: 1 glass of water, 2 butterscotch candies; Dinner: Michelina's Stuff cheese rigatoni topped with a little pepper and 2 teaspoons of Parmesan/Romano cheese with a small slice of French bread with a little Country Crock margarine, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with a little sugar and milk; 1 glass of ice tea and 1 glass of water, 2 butterscotch candies; D: (1) Little Debbie Cocoa Cream; BT - 1 glass of water
Last edited by whenlifewassimpler on Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

This and some plank work was exercise for today: http://www.self.com/story/butt-workout- ... MwMDA0NgS2

Water: 70 oz.

Coffee, 2 Brazil nuts, Lentil soup, chicken drumstick, Greek yogurt with strawberry jam, chocolate drizzled banana, handful of walnuts
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Walking/dance; light jog in place this evening

B: Slice of split top white bread toasted with a little Smuckers grape jelly, along with a cup of tea and OJ; AB: Glass of iced coffee with a little vanilla creamer; 1 glass of water; 1 butterscotch candy, 1 lozenge; Lunch: For this week Sunnyside Farms Pepperjack slices (1 slice) on a slice of wheat bread toasted; and a portion of Dole Mandarin oranges in light syrup (15 oz), all diced up, glass of ice tea; AL: 1 glass of water, 2 butterscotch candies; Dinner: 1/2 can (10 3/4 oz) of Campbell's Tomato soup with 1/8 cup of Ditalini pasta with a pinch of basil and a slice of French bread toasted with a little margarine, glass of ice tea; AD - cup of coffee with a little sugar and milk; 1 glass of ice tea, 2 butterscotch candies; D: (1) Pepperidge Farm Montauk Soft Baked Milk chocolate cookie; BT - 1 glass of water