Skinny on Eggs.
1. Cooking then kills the Bacteria that can cause Salmonella.
2. Omega Eggs, come from Chickens who have been fed some Flax in their diet.
3. Egg Cholesterol levels are approximately 60% LDL, 40% HDL.
4. There is speculation or comment from certain quarters, of the medical and scientific community, that dietary Cholesterol has no real impact on Blood Cholesterol levels.
If you are concerned stick to one Yolk a day, as the Yolks are quite Fatty at around 45 calories per Yolk.
The Yolks do however contain Protein, Lutein, (helps prevent degeneration of the Macula, the part of the Retina responsible for Central vision), and Fat Soluable Vitamins, (A, D, E and K).
5. Scrambling, Poaching or Omelette Eggs are better ways to cook than Fried.
Last edited by Boss Man
on Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.