Nokie's Food Journal

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Re: Nokie's Food Journal

Post by musculArgirl2 »

I'm glad that your fiance backed you and you got it off your chest Nokie that it was bothering you!! I think he's right, it's hard for me to judge because i don't know your mother in law but i think he's right to let it go. I'm glad you told him and it made you feel better. :D :D

Nokie you really do have your mind set! Wow!! you are REALLY BUSY with work, wedding plans, family things, exercise and did i say work and tax season!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: You are doing awesome!!!! :D

I HATE working with a headache. That sounded like a sucky day. Do you like being as busy as you are Nokie?? Or do you like or wish you had more down time too?? I was just wondering. Keep it up girl the end is in sight. 4/29 right?? :mrgreen:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Nokie173 wrote: Thanks Bossman for the motivation. I wasn’t going to workout at all but I read your comment while I was waiting for the doc. When I got home… BAM did whatever I had to do. :D
That's what I like to read. someone who sees the possible and permits it instead of dismissing it.

Good job the future groom backed you with your grievances. He clearly knows what side his bread is buttered :wink:
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Boss Man wrote:He clearly knows what side his bread is buttered :wink:
I like that.... I may have to use that sometimes! :mrgreen:

6:30AM – Black coffee, wheat bagel, egg whites, ham, low fat cheese ½
9:30AM – Wheat bagel, egg whites, ham, low fat cheese ½
12:00PM – Kick boxing (45mins) – Protein shake
1:30PM – Chicken rice wrap ½
3:00PM – Chicken rice wrap ½
6:30PM – Turkey breast, spinach salad
8:00PM – Weights (45mins) – Protein shake
musculArgirl2 wrote:Do you like being as busy as you are Nokie?? Or do you like or wish you had more down time too?? I was just wondering. Keep it up girl the end is in sight. 4/29 right?? :mrgreen:
Becky, no I do not like being this busy. Of course, I would LOVE to have more down time. So I can take some mini vacations and go to wine country and enjoy B&B, wine tasting and spa massage. Or stay home and read Japanese comic books and watch Japanese animations, like a marathon. :twisted: Or just have more me time and sleep in without worrying doing chores around the house, driving parents to their appointments, paying bills & budgeting (both parents, mine, and me and fiancé’s) or thinking about work and deadlines, or who else I have to contact for wedding stuff :? …… Yeah, it would be nice to relax more. Unfortunately, reality is…. I do not have much down time and I’m constantly on the go. I can’t complain because I have no time to (except when I’m venting in here… LOL :lol: ).

Even though I’m busy with everything and tired a lot of times… I keep head up high and always keep a positive attitude. :) I’m not always this busy or maybe I will when I start own family. At one time, I had 2 jobs and worked from 6AM-9:30PM almost every workdays and I still had the same responsibilities. I take it as a good practice and it helps me manage time wisely. :wink: And when I do have down time… I will totally take advantage of it. SLEEP! :P No matter what condition I am in, I’ll always remember I’m fortunate. I still have both of parents alive with me, I have a decent paying job with medical insurance (too bad it’s not free in America) I have a fiancé (who got back, now!) I have good friends and good health. Also, I have a good community here :mrgreen: . I always want to be thankful with what I have because it keeps me positive and moving forward. It’s not perfect, but I’m thankful. Yes, I’m overly stressed & extremely busy… but I’m glad I have support! :D

So Becky, no matter how busy I am... I’ll support you too with your goals… but in order for us, the community to help… you gotta push yourself too :wink:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Nokie173 wrote:Becky, no I do not like being this busy. Of course, I would LOVE to have more down time. So I can take some mini vacations and go to wine country and enjoy B&B, wine tasting and spa massage. Or stay home and read Japanese comic books and watch Japanese animations, like a marathon. Or just have more me time and sleep in without worrying doing chores around the house, driving parents to their appointments, paying bills & budgeting (both parents, mine, and me and fiancé’s) or thinking about work and deadlines, or who else I have to contact for wedding stuff …… Yeah, it would be nice to relax more. Unfortunately, reality is…. I do not have much down time and I’m constantly on the go. I can’t complain because I have no time to (except when I’m venting in here… LOL ).

Even though I’m busy with everything and tired a lot of times… I keep head up high and always keep a positive attitude. I’m not always this busy or maybe I will when I start own family. At one time, I had 2 jobs and worked from 6AM-9:30PM almost every workdays and I still had the same responsibilities. I take it as a good practice and it helps me manage time wisely. And when I do have down time… I will totally take advantage of it. SLEEP! No matter what condition I am in, I’ll always remember I’m fortunate. I still have both of parents alive with me, I have a decent paying job with medical insurance (too bad it’s not free in America) I have a fiancé (who got back, now!) I have good friends and good health. Also, I have a good community here . I always want to be thankful with what I have because it keeps me positive and moving forward. It’s not perfect, but I’m thankful. Yes, I’m overly stressed & extremely busy… but I’m glad I have support!

So Becky, no matter how busy I am... I’ll support you too with your goals… but in order for us, the community to help… you gotta push yourself too
6am to 9:30??!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: You so inspire me. I want to increase hours with working eventually too. I figure i'm single so why not?? Not right now though but in the future! I don't know about 6 to 9:30 though all the time. That would be a little tough. :shock:

You are blessed Nokie!! You have a career, a fiance, a great community of friends here and in the real world. Your health too! Thanks for the enouragement and i know your right. :) I too am blessed in own way and things could always be worse that's for sure. :)
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

I see you're strict with portions and eating times, nice work. Eating half a bagel and half a wrap at a time and spacing them out by 2-3 hours is so diligent. I have a tendency to get lazy sometimes and "just eat the whole thing", then go longer in between meals, and then overeat again. I'm going to try to copy you this weekend ; )
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Athene wrote:I see you're strict with portions and eating times, nice work. Eating half a bagel and half a wrap at a time and spacing them out by 2-3 hours is so diligent. I have a tendency to get lazy sometimes and "just eat the whole thing", then go longer in between meals, and then overeat again. I'm going to try to copy you this weekend ; )
Thanks... But I only ate half of bagel because I didn't have time to finish it... :lol:
I try to eat a nice big breakfast and lunch is when I try to split it so I can have the other half for snacks!
That way, I split the calories and I don't have to spend $$ for extra meal... hehehehe :mrgreen:

6:30AM – Black coffee
9:30AM – Black coffee, wheat bagel, egg whites, deli ham, low fat cheese x ½
12:00PM – Chicken katsu, curry, brown rice - 1/2, black coffee
2:30PM – Wheat bagel, egg whites, deli ham, low fat cheese x ½
6:00PM – Weights (45mins)/ Kick boxing (30mins) – Protein shake
8:00PM – Scramble egg whites with spinach

When I have more time I’ll go around and visit people’s journal… :mrgreen:
Last edited by Nokie173 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Sounds like a horrible weekend and beginning of the week Nokie. :( I'm glad you were able to be there for your family member and i hope they get the treatment that they need. :D

I also hope your fiance is feeling better. :)

You are doing so well under all your committments and stress!! I really don't know how you do it all! Hugs!! :D
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

6:30AM – Green tea decaf
9:00AM – Oatmeal, hard boiled eggs x 2, green tea decaf
12:00PM – Zumba – 45mins
1:30PM – Green salad, chicken breast, salt & pepper
3:00PM – Plan yogurt, blue berries, hard boiled egg white x 1
6:00PM – Turkey wrapm oolong tea decaf
9:00PM – Protein shake (if need it)

Thanks Becky, I’m better today. I’m not going to drink coffee for the next few days. I noticed I do drink a lot of coffee even though I also drink a lot of water but I don’t want body to depend much on it so I’m going to drink hot tea decaf for the next few days until I feel like I want some coffee again not because I need it. :)
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

7:00AM – Wheat bagel, Light cream cheese, green tea decaf
9:30AM – Brown rice, hicken katus & spicy curry ¼ (Finishing up leftovers)
12:00PM – Kick Boxing (45mins)
1:30PM – Wheat tuna sandwich & side of green salad
4:00PM – Hard boiled egg whites x 3
7:30PM – TBA

Not sure for dinner because I think we will be going out. Most likely, I’ll get side salad with no dressing and its either fish or chicken breast. body is really sore from Wednesday night workout. I think I over did it, now I feel the pain of aching back, legs, arms and shoulders.

I have bridal shower this weekend… I didn’t plan any of it. girls planned and organized it all. job was to relax, be there and enjoy having fun with them!

Have a good weekend all.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Nokie173 wrote:Not sure for dinner because I think we will be going out. Most likely, I’ll get side salad with no dressing and its either fish or chicken breast. body is really sore from Wednesday night workout. I think I over did it, now I feel the pain of aching back, legs, arms and shoulders.

I have bridal shower this weekend… I didn’t plan any of it. girls planned and organized it all. job was to relax, be there and enjoy having fun with them!

Have a good weekend all.
a side salad with no dressing and chicken breast for going out. :shock: That is dedication!! Your day is coming though not many weeks away at all!

have fun at the bridal shower hope you have a nice weekend!! after last weekend you deserve a REALLY nice weekend!! :)
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

musculArgirl2 wrote: a side salad with no dressing and chicken breast for going out. :shock: That is dedication!! Your day is coming though not many weeks away at all!
I didn't get salad & chicken. I actually had meatloaf & extra steam veggies.
I asked the waiter to replace mash potatoes for extra veggies. :mrgreen:

6:30PM – Black coffee, banana
9:30PM – Oatmeal, grilled chicken
12:00PM – Pork sandwich 1/2, Strawberries 1c
2:30PM– Pork sandwich 1/2
5:00PM – Weights 45mins/Kick Boxing 25mins – Protein shake
7:30PM – Thai beef, green salad

It was a tiring weekend especially with Day light saving... OMG, I couldn’t even get up for work! We had back to back errands and events but we accomplished all. I’m so excited braces will be off this FRIDAY!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

bridal shower went ok. Diet went well. I don’t know how but I got cuts somewhere on tongue & gums so it prevented me from eating much. It really stings when I'm eating or drinking something!! Lucky me, girlfriends did not force me to drink. I only sipped on dessert wine when we were toasting. Other than that… I did not mess up diet. Maybe I did had less veggies and little more rice and meat than usual… :mrgreen: ... Back on to being strict and working out hard. Will post Body frame pix for this month soon! :)
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Nokie173 wrote: asked the waiter to replace mash potatoes for extra veggies.
replace mashed potatoes with extra veggies!!! :shock: :shock: Something is very wrong with that statement. :P

Looking forward to seeing your body frame results. :D Glad you had a nice time at the party. HOpefully a little more relaxing weekend this time. :D
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

musculArgirl2 wrote:
Nokie173 wrote: asked the waiter to replace mash potatoes for extra veggies.
replace mashed potatoes with extra veggies!!! :shock: :shock: Something is very wrong with that statement. :P
I'm not fond of potatoes, but I do eat them once in awhile. I do like sweet potatoes and yam.
We all have our love.. Like, RICE. I love rice like you love your potatoes :P
musculArgirl2 wrote:Looking forward to seeing your body frame results. :D Glad you had a nice time at the party. HOpefully a little more relaxing weekend this time. :D
It was stressful... but not emotionally draining! :mrgreen:

6:30AM – Black coffee, fruit salad 1cup
(Mixed of strawberries, blue berries, kiwi, grapes & melons)
9:00 AM – Scramble egg whites & turkey deli, fruit salad 1cup
11:30AM – Clam Chowder 1c, pork sandwich ½
1:30PM – Clam Chowder 1c
4:00PM – Protein bar
6:30PM – Grilled fish & green salad (No dressing)
9:00PM – Zumba (35mins) – Protein shake

I have to leave work early for a doc’s appt and will have dinner with girlfriends since I’m still in the city. I get to pick where to eat so I picked the Mall’s food court. That way, we have variety and I’ll go grab salad:wink:
Ugh.. I’m glad we have rain because we need it but man, I just hate getting wet!
We will take our Engagement picture next Thursday and I really hope it’s not raining that day because it’s outside. :?
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

6:30AM – Black coffee, fruit salad ¼ c, crackers x 5
9:00AM – Oatmeal & eggs 1c
11:30AM – Chicken noodle soup, orange, tea
2:30PM – Ground pork & crackers x 5
6:00PM – Smoked salmon & spinach, tea

The weather is gloomy and it’s raining really hard. I was walking in the rain all cold and wet. I feel a bit sick so I won’t be going to the gym during lunch. I don’t want to get caught in the cold & wet weather. However, I will workout tonight at home doing both weights & cardio. I’m not in the mood to workout but I will force myself. At the moment, I’m a bit off or should I say down… I don’t have the motivation to work out and just want to pig out on junk food. I know I’m just a bit negative due to excessive stress and other people negativity. I know better NOT to sabotage diet & pig out. I just feel like it but I will NOT do it. Man, this whole week is nothing but rain & gloomy weather. SIGH ….. Bummer!
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Nokie173 wrote:this whole week is nothing but rain & gloomy weather. SIGH ….. Bummer!
It's the opposite here this whole week. It's 70's and let me tell you it's quite unusal for march weather!
Nokie173 wrote:I’m a bit off or should I say down… I don’t have the motivation to work out and just want to pig out on junk food. I know I’m just a bit negative due to excessive stress and other people negativity. I know better NOT to sabotage diet & pig out. I just feel like it but I will NOT do it. Man, this whole week is nothing but rain & gloomy weather. SIGH ….. Bummer!
Hope you feel better!! I know you got a lot of stuff going on. It's understandable! You are doing so awesome with your workouts and diet! You are 6 weeks away from your wedding! So stick with it girlfriend! :)