Nokie's Food Journal

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Re: Nokie's Food Journal

Post by fat-to-fit »

How did your week go nokie? I'm going to weigh in tomorrow but i don't think this week will be that great. I just got home now after being gone since 5:30 this morning.. i've been busy a lot and not in normal routine this week.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Hopefully, next week will be less busy for me. I've been having snacks here and there. Salad and steam veggies when I can. Still workout with PT. But meals are not stable. I eat when I can... I have meetings and events. I'll post meals next week when there's more time. :)

Good luck on your weight in... Mine is not until the end of the month.. But don't think to much about it, just make sure to watch what you eat. :thumb:
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

I had birthdays and events after events last week and boy it was hard with the food!!! Monday, trainer worked me hard. He wanted me to be accountable of actions. I need to step it up and work on meals better. I will also include running on days off from PT .. we'll see.

Yesterday, he gave me a sample diet menu. He wants me to try and learn how to cut out sugar... I did it before and it's pretty hard because EVERYTHING have sugar of some sort! :(

One of his list was Greek yogurt full fat... I dunno about that. I've always got non-fat or low-fat...
Any suggestion on this? I'm actually going to stock up food tonight :)

Other than that.. For the most part...I think I can handle it... Below is today's sample menu...

Wednesday:

Meal 1
Omelet made with 3 whole eggs, 1/4 cup chopped broccoli, 2 tablespoons each, diced onion, diced mushrooms, peppers and salsa
1/2 cup diced blueberries, raspberries or strawberries

Snack
1/2 cup full fat Greek yogurt (add stevia for sweetness)
And 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts

Meal 2
Salad made with 2 cups chopped Romaine, 4-6 ounces grilled chicken, 1/2 cup chopped celery, 1/2 cup diced mushrooms, 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar, and 1 tablespoon Caesar dressing
1 cup Almond milk

Snack
1-2 mozzarella string cheese stick

Meal 3
6-8 ounces shrimp, chicken, or fish, grilled or sautéed with 1 teaspoon coconut oil and 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1 medium artichoke, steamed
2-3 cups mixed green salad w/ 2-3 TBS olive oil based dressing
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I presume the trainer meant processed or refined sugars, as yoghurt contains sugar because lactose is a disaccharide and they are simple sugars, but in themselves simple sugars do help to prove some energy and mediate blood sugar levels and by stimulating insulin responses they an be useful in help the body convert glucose and some of your protein intake into muscle glycogen
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

You've cut back on your meals i think. I remember you having 6 meals a day... They look really good nokie.. :) I would love a trainer. Glad you showed that video it was nice to see. :)
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Yes, Bossman... I think trainer is telling me to cut down on processed or refined sugars. I'm trying and it's NOT easy!

Meal:
7:00AM - Large mocha with almond milk
9:30AM - 3 over easy eggs
12:00PM - Baby spinach, mushrooms and grilled chicken breast. Side Peanut vinaigrette dressing
3:00PM - Almonds
4:00PM - Jogging
6:00PM - Grilled pork chops and steam broccoli

I don't always have a large mocha but I wasn't hungry until after 9AM.

Last week, I went jogging and realized I'm REALLY slow and have to stop every 5mins!!! No wonder why I only do intervals! But even with intervals... I'm slow when it comes to sprinting! So, there's 2 things I want to work on... Work on endurance and speed!!!

Expressing time:
I know I should be happy with own body... Which I'm working on. I'm trying to be positive and have self love. But there are times when I look in the mirror and criticize myself. Example, I found this really cute black dress and I actually fit it (I was happy) .... but it's short and it shows too much of legs (Made me sad). I've always dislike legs/ tights. I always avoid short dresses or wearing shorts because I hated legs so much. I'm trying to like it but it's really hard when I see it and it's disgusting looking to me (Thunder tights?) ... That's why I want to do more cardio, intervals, squats, lunges, etc. I don't care about those tight gaps or whatever, I just want to have legs that I'm proud of... I don't care if it's muscular... Actually, that's sexy to me! So, I'm jogging on days off from PT. I guess if I want something really bad, I will just have to push myself harder!
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Don't be so hard on yourself Nokie. :) Do you like your legs and feel comfortable wearing shorts at a lower weight?

I think if you do those exercises and stick to it your legs will change. :) I see people like Jen from biggest loser and even cassie on here and they just did workouts like that and had a healthy diet.

You know what really developed 'i think" legs when i was thin. Is rollerblading. i use to rollerblade A LOT!!! I hate legs now. They are all fat. I'm not posting for a little while Nokie. Just with the holiday and everything. :)
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

I know I'm hard on myself... I am own critic :tongue:
But today... It's not so bad... I do like arms... it's nice with muscles! :wink:

Today's meal:
7AM - scramble eggs, cheese, turkey bacon and a bowl of fruits
9:30AM - string cheese and almonds
12:00PM - Lobster soup and side of green salad
3:00PM - Almonds
6:00PM - Grilled chicken, leafy greens, cucumber and avocado
7:30PM - Cardio Kick Boxing
9:30PM - Oolong tea
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You might want to consider having something after the cardio kickboxing session other than just tea, as that won't be wholly adequate for helping you to recover.

Some form of protein and carbs would work, even if it was just something like a small portion of peanuts, low fat cheese, flax seeds. low fat yoghurt, baked beans, a few grilled mushrooms or quinoa as examples.
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Nokie173 wrote:But today... It's not so bad... I do like arms... it's nice with muscles! :wink:

Nice!! You need to post progress pics nokie! or at least take them and post them when you feel ready too. :)
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Thanks Bossman, I did had some protein drink & raw almonds :)
Becky, If result is to liking... I'll post something next month...

Today meals:
7:00AM - scramble egg whites, cheese, turkey bacon and a bowl of fruits
9:30AM - Seaweed bag (Very addicting!!!)
12:00PM - Green salad with grilled chicken, side peanut sauce
3:00PM - String cheese & almond snack bag
4:00PM - Jogging
6:30PM - Porkchops, leafy greens, cucumber and side of ginger vinaigrette
7:30PM - Cottage cheese x 1c and strawberries x 1/4c
9:30PM - Oolong tea
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

I've never tried seaweed i'm not even sure if store sells it.... :) Have a nice weekend Nokie!
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

You around Nokie? I'm so bored working right now! i've got 48 minutes left. :evil:
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

48mins left at work? Lucky you... I was trying to meet a deadline last 45mins at work... I rushed out of that door when it hits 3pm! Only because I work at 6AM :P Every Monday, I have to catch train to make it to the gym on time... and I surely don't want to stay behind if it's NOT tax season!

Today's Meal:
7:00AM - scramble egg whites, cheese, turkey bacon and a bowl of fruits. Small black coffee
9:30AM - Seaweed bag x 1/2 and Quest bar x 1/2
12:00PM - Baby spinach, grilled chicken breast with pecans.. Forgot dressing but for some reason... Eating salad without dressing is not so bad!
3:00PM - Quest bar x 1/2
4:00PM - Jogging/Intervals - Protein shake
6:30PM - Baked Porkchops & Baked Brussels sprouts with pecans
7:30PM - Oolong tea

Yesterday, I amazed myself. highest deadlift weights was 110lbs with barbells. Yesterday, coach was "lazy" to change the weights from the "guys" workout so he told me to do deadlifts with it... OMG, I couldn't believed I did deadlifts with 135lbs!!!.... now, I'm so SORE!

I have 2 months before the wedding and I have less than a month before vacation... I've been trying to workout more... For some reason, body doesn't like me anymore... It is harder to lose weight now than a few years ago. Before it wasn't so bad... OMG, I am aging! Anyways, I'm adding more intervals workout when working out alone and trying to wake up early for extra cardio BUT it's not happening. LOL, body just wants to sleep for another 30 plus minutes... Wake up at 5:25am is hard but trying to wake up at 4:45am is even harder!!!

So far, I'm feeling good and sore... :wink:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Honestly I trade places with you in a second if I could. :) Maybe try going to bed earlier and see if that helps in getting up earlier? I think if you can't get up it might be a sign you need your sleep. :)

Your really doing well nokie. :D :D. A lot of great goals too coming up too.
Last edited by fat-to-fit on Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:01 am, edited 2 times in total.