Nokie's Food Journal

Post your food journals so others can review your diet and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

feelin-great
VETERAN

Re: Nokie's Food Journal

Post by feelin-great »

It doesn't matter what size they are - you will be the most beautiful one (and healthiest) in the room :D :D :D
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

feelin-great wrote:It doesn't matter what size they are - you will be the most beautiful one (and healthiest) in the room :D :D :D
That's what they all said too... but I can't help secretly being a little jealous... :P

6:30AM – Coffee, eggs, Wheat bread x 2
9:30AM – String cheese, apple
11:00AM – Meal replacement
12:00PM – Kick Boxing – 45mins
1:30PM – Brown rice, steak, steam green beans
3:30PM – Hard Boiled eggs x 2
4:00PM – Weights – Full Body Workout – Protein shake
6:30PM – Grilled fish, leafy greens
8:30/9PM – Proteins shake – If still hungry

Things just don’t slow down at all. It’s like so much to do and so little time to do them all… Ohwell, life goes on – I guess, all I can do is prioritize duties & manage time accordingly. :wink:

Sorry, I haven’t been around but I will try best to post and update you all. :mrgreen:

Did I pig out for the last few days and on Thanksgiving? Nope, not at all!! I did however stuff myself with a load of turkey… LOL gotta get protein!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I didn’t want to ruin hard work for something I can have anytime I want if I wanted it.
Of course I skipped things like all the cakes, cookies, ice cream, eggnog, etc
I will admit I had a glass of red wine. I really wanted while I was eating the turkey! :twisted:

So far, I’m feeling good. Yeah, there are times I’m tired and overly stress but I’m keeping up with workout and continue to watch what I eat. It helps me a ton knowing I’m taking care of myself even tho things are throwing at me left and right and I have to deal with them. Anyways, I hope the next pictures & measurements I will be some kind of results… :mrgreen:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You're doing great and I am so proud of you.

Chin up and keep pushing :).
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

6:30AM – Coffee, soymilk, weetabix 2
9:00AM – Walk up and down the stairs @ work (15-20mins)
9:30AM – Hard boiled eggs x3 (2 whites, 1 whole), strawberries x 1c
12:00PM – Chicken tortilla soup, banana
2:30PM – Low fat String cheese, plain yogurt with honey
3:00PM – Walk up and down the stairs @ work (15-20mins)
5:00PM – Meal replacement
7:30PM – Scramble eggs whites with spinach, mushrooms, bell peppers
10:00PM – Meal replacement
12:00AM – Meal replacement (If hungry)

I couldn’t get up at 5AM to do morning workout. It’s been very cold and body is extremely sore so it makes it hard to wake up. I really wanted to do cardio this morning because I have to work long hours today and don’t have time to go to the gym today. So, I will have to make break time useful instead of sitting at desk all day long, I’ll walk up and down the stairs. The last time I did it… I was sweating major time and heart kept pumping… LOL... I had to dry myself off before I go back to desk! :mrgreen:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Nokie173 wrote:The last time I did it… I was sweating major time and heart kept pumping… LOL... I had to dry myself off before I go back to desk!
That would definitely do it! I remember when i was in high school for gym we played ping pong and I was so sweaty and red. :lol:
We didnt' take showers after gym class, so i go up to sister to ask her if i smelled at all of B.O.. She then asked what were you doing and her and her friend laughed when i said i was just playing ping pong. :lol:

Just came to mind when you said you will have to dry yourself off before going back to work. Don't work too hard!
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Nokie173 wrote:Things just don’t slow down at all. It’s like so much to do and so little time to do them all… Ohwell, life goes on – I guess, all I can do is prioritize duties & manage time accordingly. :wink:
Exactly :idea:
Nokie173 wrote:Did I pig out for the last few days and on Thanksgiving? Nope, not at all!! I did however stuff myself with a load of turkey… LOL gotta get protein!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I didn’t want to ruin hard work for something I can have anytime I want if I wanted it.
Of course I skipped things like all the cakes, cookies, ice cream, eggnog, etc
I will admit I had a glass of red wine. I really wanted while I was eating the turkey! :twisted:
Great job, that take a strong person to do that :D :D :D
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

musculArgirl2 wrote:Just came to mind when you said you will have to dry yourself off before going back to work. Don't work too hard!
Lucky there's a break room bathroom that no one goes to... So, I just chill there and powder nose before I go back :wink: OMG... from just walking up and down the stairs... calves hurts like hell!!! :? For a short time it's a freaking workout!!!

6:30AM – Coffee, almond milk, apple
8:30AM – Scramble egg whites, mushrooms, low fat cheese, wheat bread x 2
11:00AM – Coffee, Meal replacement
12:00PM – Weights – Body pump class 45mins - protein shake
1:30PM – Brown rice 1/2c, baked pork chop, side peanut sauce, steam broccoli
3:30PM – Coffee, Hard boiled egg x 1, plain yogurt with honey.
6:30PM – Salad - tofu, chicken and leafy greens
8:30PM – Snacks… Not sure what yet….

I didn’t get home until 1AM so I couldn’t get up to do morning workout and had to be at work by 6:30AM. So, weights workout today only. I was tired and sleepy but when I got to class I’m all pumped. I will increase all weights again next week. It’s still challenging with the current weights but I think I can do a bit more so I’m going to push myself a little harder. I think I should load up on carbs before weight class instead of having meal replacement… or should I consider taking NO (Nitric Oxide) before class?

fiancé drinks NO before he do weights workout and he said it helps give him energy. I hate him… He lost a lot of fat and trying hard to get his 6 pack abs… I think I workout harder than him and more stricter on diet than him but his darn metabolism is better than mine!!! Uh oh… I notice some jealousy here… :evil: :evil: :evil: ok ok... Imma stop complaining and think of the positive side… we both wanna look our best for the wedding & be healthy. I’m happy he is working out and eating whatever I make instead of eating junk food & sweets in front of me… See… there’s a positive side to all things… LOL :lol:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Your doing really well Nokie! It's really true it would be a lot harder if he was eating junk in front of you and it's nice you could workout together too. I don't know how you do it with your hours working so much!! And then you go and workout during the day too! You dear are Awesome! :D :D You remind me of mom who use to work 3 jobs at certain points and get 4 hours sleep. That is a hard thing to do on a continuous basis!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

What he claims from the NO could be a possibility.

Nitric Oxide dilates bloodvessels, so it would allow more Oxygen flow to the muscles, organs and Brain.

As the body breaks down Glucose and the stored form Glycogen, it uses Oxygen, to eventually create something called Pyruvate. Admittedly I don't know much about Pyruvates activities after that.

However insufficient Oxygen creates an alternative to aerobic respiration, called anaerobic respiration, which creates two byproducts, Ethanol Alcohol and Lactic Acid, the latter eventually dissolves in the Liver.

More Oxygen flow would however, create more ability for Oxygen to get into the Myoglobin in your muscles and as Glucose and Glycogen breakdown involves the release and utilisation of ATP, which has Oxygen in it, then getting more bloodflow and Oxygen storage to muscles, especially during rest periods, can be advantageous, especially for reducing the bodies ability to create Lactic Acid and possibly allowing you to take smaller rest breaks between sets, when you lift weights.

However I wouldn't automatically go for the NO as a choice. I don't flat out revile it and decry it, as a bunk substance, but if I was suggesting anyone to use supplements, it wouldn't be in a top 3.

I think you'd get more energy from food, depending on what you eat and / or drink prior to workouts, or possibly something like Powerade would help.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

I didn't realize NO was a weight gainer. I’ll pass. I will consider things like Powerade before and during the workout. Thank You! :mrgreen:

6:30AM – Coffee, almond milk, banana
8:30AM – Hard boiled egg whites x 2, oatmeal x 1/2c
12:00PM – Zumba class – 45mins
1:30PM – Chicken wild rice & veggie soup, apple
3:30PM – Plain yogurt with honey and cashews
6:30PM – Grilled salmon with teriyaki sauce, steam broccoli
9:00PM – Protein shake – If hungry

Wow… It’s already December!!! Ok, I’ll weight, measure, and take pix this weekend. I actually have about 5 more months before the wedding…. Crazy! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I’m so sore right now it’s not even funny. I wanted to get up this morning to do some cardio and stretch… but I was just too darn tired. However, I did pack gym stuff and went to Zumba class today during lunch. Good cardio and did some stretch and right now… I am even sorer… LOL :lol:

I went to Zumba class for the first time during the week before Thanksgiving week. When I workout at home with the DVD it’s all good because I don’t see myself I just watch and do the moments. But in class, Oh … I see the truth… I got no groove!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: LOL, there are mirrors around the whole room and I can see myself trying to shake and move hips… LOL. It’s fun trying to do it, I try best to keep moving so I can burn calories. I will try to go every once in awhile… probably not as much as kick boxing.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I never said NO was a weight gainer :), I said NO assists with bloodflow by dilating the bloodvessels.

I then said this would help provide more Oxygen for one thing, ATP energy creation as ATP contains Oxygen and for another thing energy utilisation, by providing more Oxygen during the Glucose and Glycogen breakdown, to reduce Lactic Acid and Ethanol Alcohol production potential

It's not a weight gainer and is not really that effective in mind for building muscle, as it's not very anabolic if at all.

Hopefully that reiterates the gist of comments :).
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

5 more months till the wedding awesome! and you want to lose weight till february right? I thought i read that you said that because you can't change the dress after that?

Nokie173 wrote: went to Zumba class for the first time during the week before Thanksgiving week. When I workout at home with the DVD it’s all good because I don’t see myself I just watch and do the moments. But in class, Oh … I see the truth… I got no groove!!! LOL, there are mirrors around the whole room and I can see myself trying to shake and move hips… LOL. It’s fun trying to do it, I try best to keep moving so I can burn calories. I will try to go every once in awhile… probably not as much as kick boxing.
:lol: I would be the same way. I think i would definitely do better in a kickboxing class over zumba. it sounds like a good time though. :)
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Oops… SORRY Bossman. I made you retype things when I could have just re-read your previous post. :)
I have no idea where I got the weight gainer from. :shock: I think I was talking to someone about it while I was reading your post… LOL… again, sorry.

6:30AM – Coffee, almond milk, strawberries x 1c
9:00AM – 1 wheat pancake and scramble eggs with low-fat cheese & mushrooms
11:30AM – Protein shake
1:30PM – Brown rice 1/2c, Sashimi (raw fish), green salad and Wasabi (Oh… I love sushi & wasabi)
3:30PM – Meal replacement
6:30PM – Stir fried lean ground beef with veggies and Shirataki noodles.

Thank goodness it’s Friday!!! I will say, Saturday is the first weekend in a long time that I do not have to leave house for errands, wedding stuff, work, friends or family! It is just time alone!! – YES!!! Now, I can actually do a lot of stuff on To Do List. Like, MAJOR house cleaning… scrub the bathroom and sort through mails :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Nokie173 wrote:Oops… SORRY Bossman. I made you retype things when I could have just re-read your previous post. :)
I have no idea where I got the weight gainer from. :shock: I think I was talking to someone about it while I was reading your post… LOL… again, sorry.
Sorry, but I cannot accept an unnecessary apology from a Lady,as it would be rude :).

You're human, I'm human and sometimes we misread things or misinterpret things and little errors and foibles, are all part and parcel of the type of people we are.

You're very human and emotionally tactile and they are things I really like and admire about you, that you have great emotional gifts and qualities and a wonderful power to exercise them properly.

Your hubby to be is a lucky man, to be gaining a wife to be who is very beautiful on the inside and even if you don't achieve your weight goals, before the big day, I am sure he will never think differently about you for it, because if he has any sense, he will see beyond the skin deep and want you for keeps, because of who you are on the inside.

I'm sending you a BIG PAT ON THE BACK, because you have constantly added colour, richness and beauty to this community since you joined and just like anyone else here could be, I'm here for you, wanting you to succeed and hoping you achieve the things you will deserve.

GOOD LUCK and keep on believing and fighting, because there is a fantastic new you, waiting to be discovered, so don't stop looking or trying to learn more :).
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

I will always continue to learn. :mrgreen:

6:30AM – Coffee, almond milk, oatmeal, scramble egg whites & mushrooms
9:00AM – Fat-free cottage cheese, blueberries
1:30PM – Chicken and wild rice soup
4:00PM – Low-fat string cheese, Hard Boiled eggs x 2 (whites)
5:00PM – Weights Workout – 50mins – protein shake
7:30PM – Grilled chicken and spicy papaya salad

I can’t believe I cleaned up from 9:30AM until 11PM on Saturday… LOL. I was so focused on cleaning I didn’t realize the time until fiancé got home. I didn’t get to workout but with all the cleaning, I think I burnt a lot of calories even though I’m not done with everything. I was going to continue on Sunday but of course, things happen. It’s like you know it’s going to happen and now it’s happening and just need time to cope and get used to it. :?

I really wanted to take a few shots of vodka just to ease pain, but I didn’t drink. I was sooo sad and whole body was sore from weights Friday night & cleaning from Saturday so I didn’t want to workout on Sunday. Instead, I just watched Japanese animations. Ahhh… such a stress reliever. I didn’t gain calories but I know I lost a lot from laughing so much… I think I gained happy wrinkles… :mrgreen: